• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda - 3 Hearts Challenge Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Another one down, 7/8 now. I forgot that Jabu Jabu's belly was basically the Water Temple... #changingthewaterlevelisathing

pmqd.png

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Oh, I thought it was finishing on the 20th. Guess I have a lot of time.

Username: Oshamaru
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

My variety in Zelda games is ridiculously low...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've beaten Scaldera, the boss of Eldin Volcano. It was kind of tough to not get my hands on the heart container after defeating him though, haha. Anyway, I'm going to visit Lanayru Desert now. You're able to turn certain places of this desert into grassy fields once you hit some of the special gem stones, which is really cool! Unfortunately, I don't remember too many things about this place's boss, because it's actually been a while since I last fought him. ):

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just posting a quick Twilight Princess update! I went through all the starting stuff in the town which took quite a while (and forgot how to please the cat so that took half an hour to work out again smh) and went through the first bout of Twilight (Wolf Link ♥) before stealing equipment from the townsfolk under the canine guise. I accidentally picked up a heart piece along the way but thankfully I'd saved not long before so nothing too bad to restart from. Also the ranching mini-game was nostalgic haha. Then went around collecting the tears and headed to the Temple of the Woods. I'll continue soon, really enjoying this though! It's not overly hard yet but I can't imagine I should be on 4+ hearts yet anyway so hey-ho. :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Progress!

Name: LGD
Essences: 1! Hooray!

Spoiler:

Years
USERNAME: Daenerys
GAME: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (game cube)

I will try..

Last edited:

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Update #2!

Masks Obtained:
Spoiler:

Bosses Defeated:3/5

Progress:
Spoiler:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I'm officially done! Just finished this afternoon.

Found the 8th essence
8rud.png

The rest is in the spoiler tag below:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Somehow, I've gotten myself through the Lanyru Desert. Yay! Moldarach was the boss that I was required to fight, and it wasn't an easy task to defeat him. There is a lot of sand where you fight him. He constantly hides himself underneath the sand, which makes it hard to know which way he's moving. It makes it a little difficult to land attacks on him, too. My shield has been damaged quite heavily during this battle, so I may need to go to the repair shop and have it fixed. Either that, or if I have the right resources, I will have it upgraded. I may upgrade a few of my other tools as well.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
So, I came back to Majora's Mask and sucked that loss up. I done everything I did and when I got to that battle ... I almost lost. I had a Red Potion for Stone Soldier Shiro, but meh. I just went back to Clock Town to get one. Now to get the 7 eggs! Also Anju & Kafei and Romani Ranch Alien Shootout Quests set up! >=3
COME AT ME, BRUDDA!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just posting a quick Twilight Princess update! I went through all the starting stuff in the town which took quite a while (and forgot how to please the cat so that took half an hour to work out again smh) and went through the first bout of Twilight (Wolf Link ♥) before stealing equipment from the townsfolk under the canine guise. I accidentally picked up a heart piece along the way but thankfully I'd saved not long before so nothing too bad to restart from. Also the ranching mini-game was nostalgic haha. Then went around collecting the tears and headed to the Temple of the Woods. I'll continue soon, really enjoying this though! It's not overly hard yet but I can't imagine I should be on 4+ hearts yet anyway so hey-ho. :D
Posting an update! I've done basically loads since that post and can't be bothered to list it all right now, but I've got all the fused shadows now (saved and stopped just after getting the last one) and I've been playing faaaaar too much. Some of the bosses were stupidly hard whilst only having 3 hearts to use but otherwise it's not been too difficult so far. The Twilight wolf levels have been harder than the Link levels but the whole thing's been really enjoyable and the challenge is certainly an exciting one. There's been a lot of memories and nostalgia whilst playing this so I can't wait to finish, still quite a while to go yet though haha.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Masks Obtained:
Spoiler:

Bosses Defeated:5/5

Spoiler:

and with that,my 3 heart challenge in Majora's Mask is complete! I forgot how dark this game was! it was fun to play all the sidequests,and it was nice to complete my first Zelda Challenge!

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Okay! Another Cycle Done!

Picture:
Spoiler:

Since Snowhead I have...
Spoiler:

Bloody hell, I got a lot of progress done and I really didn't realise. o.o

But all that is done! :D Not much left to do now!

Game Over, Majora! I win!

Progress:
Spoiler:

Picture:
Spoiler:

Game Over, Majora! I win!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Been very reluctant about starting this challenge, because honestly, I am, despite my love for the series, horrible at Zelda games :( Well, the combat that is. I've always had major difficulties beating most of the games, even with all the heart pieces I've received from bosses, so doing it without a single one is definitely gonna be a challenge. But I guess I won't know before I give it a try.

My original idea was to go with ALttP, since it's been ages since I last played it, but guess I can't do that, seeing as you have to pick up the heart pieces :( I really don't have many other choices though, as most of my games were on the Gamecube, and my memory card has kiinda stopped working, so that'd mean I'd have to do it without turning off the console, but that's like two challenges in one ;)

A few minutes later

K, so Alex convinced me to do Majora's Mask, but I probably won't be doing much before the 14th, as my holiday starts there, and having my Gamecube turned on all the time won't really be much of a problem, since I'll actually be able to use it most of the time :p

Username: Olli97
Game: Majora's Mask

Years
So far, I got the Master Sword as well as the ability to transform into Wolf Link at will. Going to head to the Gerudo Desert to start gathering the Mirror of Twilight pieces. I found the bosses at the Goron Mines and Lakebed Temple to be ridiculously easy. Hopefully, the bosses guarding the mirror pieces put up more of a fight.

Also got a few goodies on the way:

- 3 Bomb Bags to carry all 3 different types of Bombs. Also got the Bomb Bag capacity upgrade too.
- All 4 bottles. The last one was earned for gathering 20 Poe Souls.
- A Bigger Wallet. Just need a few more bugs to get the biggest wallet in the game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't posted any updates in a while, so I've decided that now would be a good time! Last time I was able to post an update, I had gotten myself through the Lanryu Desert and defeated its boss, the Thousand-Year Arachnid Moldarach.

Yesterday, I went into Lake Floria and managed to finish one of the Silent Realm quests. It was an extremely scary experience. Once the creepy-looking guardians started chasing me during the mission, my heart would immediately start to pump. xD Thanks to the background music—which, by the way, had the ability to give you intense goosebumps—my heart would beat even faster. I could have turned the volume down completely, but unfortunately, that would've taken all the fun away.

And today, I got myself inside the Ancient Cistern. So far, all I was able to do is defeat the mini-boss and get a hold of the whip. I'll most likely be able to finish off the main boss next time I turn on this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back