• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~*Project Flux*~ (NOW RECRUITING!)

Tide

Nocturnal ROM Hacker
Years

uUwh9l9.png

318.gif
Introduction
318.gif

Hello, I'm Khaz/Tide - I don't quite mind what you call me as long as it isn't embarrassing and/or derogatory. I, like many people, aspire to create my own Pokemon game. This desire was just a fantasy until a few years ago when I was exposed to the vast and advancing ROM hacking community, which inspired me to master as many hacking processes as I could, ranging from easy stuff like title-screen hacking, to scripting. I felt that I was ready to embark on my own mission to make a full-fledged hack, but I was slapped firmly across the face. I knew I couldn't do this alone.

After some time passed, I became eager to work on the game. I decided to take a more intelligent route, by posting a thread in the Team Discussions board. In doing so, I was able to recruit some decent assistance. However, the project slowly died and festered due to lack of tile insertion. Without that, we were unable to continue much of the project. The thread became inactive passed revival point, and it seemed it was pretty much over.

One day, I decided to go back to the Emulation board and check out what my fellow hackers were doing. What I saw sparked my ambitions once more. Solid, the only remaining recruitee, and I kept contact in Skype - one thing led to another, and here we are.

We hope that by bringing an even more professional side to our team will attract more people to help. I would like to use this paragraph to state how determined I am about this project. I have high expectations - there will be no plot holes, no grammatical errors, everything will be high quality, few glitches. I cannot bring myself to publish an imperfect product. This WILL be the next big name hack, and that will become more than a statement if you all join Project Flux. If this is going to happen, we have to do it together. Let's make one of the best hacks anyone has ever played!

79.gif
Storyline
79.gif

You have grown up around Pokemon your whole life in the small area known as LakeView Town. You were rarely exposed to any hardship, and led an excellent and enjoyable childhood. Then comes the time in every child's life where he/she is offered their first pokemon to embark on their Pokemon journey with.

Unfortunately, you overslept. You wake up to the sounds of your best friend pelting rocks at your window. "Get out here!" He yells to you. You urgently get out of bed and dressed, meeting him outside your house. You both run to the Professor's lab, but due to being late, must go out and fish for your starter pokemon.

Through an odd turn of events, you get your pokemon and are sent off to pursue your goals as Pokemon Trainer. Battling gyms, and following the standard game layout, you encounter Team Utopia, who, like their name suggests, want to create what they see as a Utopia. They plan to destroy the existence of pokemon on the "Human Planet", by honing the power of various legendaries.

Do you have what it takes to become one with your pokemon and use your forces to save the world?

(*Note: This is not only subject, but watered down to not give out extreme plot details right from the start.)

645.gif
Current Team Members
645.gif

Khaz (Tide) - Leader, Miscellaneous Hacker, Scripter, Mapper, Storyline Developer, Minor ASM
Solid (Solid_Sphere) - Co-Leader, Main Scripter
Patrick (Patrick Symus) - Scripter, Resource
Zipo (Ziposaki) - Spriter, Storyline Developer

543.gif
Screenshots
543.gif

[simple-spoil="Pokémon Rippled Version"]
Spoiler:
[/simple-spoil]

373.gif
Features
373.gif

Innovative Starter Receival
New Tiles
New Sprites
New Music
New Moves
New Battle Backgrounds
New Items
New TMs/HMs
New Hero/Heroine
New Antagonistic Team
200+ Pokemon to Encounter
Best Storyline You'll Ever See From a ROM Hack (Guaranteed)
Inserted Pokemon From Generations IV and V
Whole New Region To Explore
Days, Nights, & Seasons​

535.gif
Application Form
535.gif

Code:
[B][B]Name:[/B][/B] What would you like to be called?
[B]Contact:[/B] Skype, E-mail, etc.? (Specify)
[B]Timezone/Country:[/B] Either of them, or both, will do.
[B]Availability:[/B] How much time can you devote to the project?
[B]Skills:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Proof of Work:[/B] Self-explanatory

(*Note: We have a much higher priority on acquiring spriters, tile inserting, and music hacking more than any other position.

649.gif
Special Thanks To...
649.gif

Ep!c
JNathan

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Name: Zipo or Zip is fine
Timezone/Country: Central/ US
Availability: About an hour at least a day?
Skills: Spriting, some mapping, although I much prefer spriting
Proof of Work: Will be PMed.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 22, 2014
Name: Gourang

Timezone:
GMT +5.5

Availability:
Alot

Skills:
Beta Testing and Basic Spriting

Proof of Work:
Have not worked on ROMs that were released yet but I am good

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 22, 2014
It means like re coloring, color borders and metallic borders(Black, Grey and Light Grey mix)

MySlimey

The Hero
Years
Name: MySlimey, Goober or Barq is fine
Timezone/Country: +8:00 Philippines
Availability: Anytime you want just not Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. I'll just tell you when I'm available those days
Skills: Spriting
Proof of Work: None

EthanAG

TimeZone: Pacific Time Zone, USA
Avalible: Weekends: Close to 5 hrs, Weekdays: 3.5 hrs
Skills: Mapping, Scripting, Basic Spriting (creating simple sprites)
Proof: None really, This might be my real first Rom hack to complete and stuff) :/

Tide

Nocturnal ROM Hacker
Years
I greatly encourage you all to continue to apply, we have desired and open positions in overworld spriting, and tile inserting specifically. Progression is being made consistently over time, but we cannot finish the project without your help. Please note that your applications are appreciated, and continue to come to us with your talents.

Solid_Sphere

Aspired Programmer
Years
Tile inserters are still needed to help complete this project. Please do not hesitate to apply if you are thinking about doing so!

Years
Name: Tom (I'll be applying for the music creator position!)
Either is fine, I'll send them to you if I am selected to be part of the team.
Timezone/Country:
GMT, London.
Availability: As much as I can!
Skills: Extensive background in music composition for a variety of purposes. As of yet I have no experience inserting music into Pokemon games, however I am very willing to learn!
Proof of Work:
I don't have any copies on my person at the moment, but if you private message me I would be more than happy to send you some of my work!

Thanks! :)

(Just a note, I also have an ability to check for spelling, punctuation and grammar errors on the hack if necessary!)

Back