• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most/Least memorable trade

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Throughout your trading escapades, there's at least one trade that stands out in your mind. You just received that prized Pokemon you've been searching weeks for, you got something special from a friend, you received a generous donation that kick-started your shop, or you just completed your very first trade. Whatever the trade may have been, what's your most memorable trade?

Trading isn't always all sugar and rainbows. So, what's your least memorable trade? Try not to name names, though. ;)

Bonus: Share a weird trade story!
hey kittens

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Hmmmm... my most memorable? It's pretty much blurred now but basically, when I got most of my breeding stock off Becky and Blade. :)

Least memorable was being online for like 4 hours straight waiting for someone who said they'll be on wifi to get on. Gave up in the end and when he came back looking for his 'mon, it was a repeat for another 20 minutes. He came back asking again and I pretty much told him to flip off. :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hmmm. I would have to say that my most memorable trade would have to be when FallingWishes was getting out of the trading game. I asked her for a Groudon, and was pleasantly surprised to receive a Shiny one! I later tried to upload it to Pokecheck, only to find that it had a ribbon! I had inadvertently wound up with one of the few event Pokemon out there that can be shiny, completely for free!

My least memorable trade is when I traded my good buddy for a Skarmory in HeartGold, only to find that it wasn't anywhere as good as I remembered from my days playing Crystal. You win some, you lose some.

Reddo

Happy!
Years
My best trade was the first one on GTS. I got Zorua and gave away Stunky. I got really happy, so I made several Zorua eggs and gave them to my friends.
About bad trades, I haven't done yet...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I got a Shiny Charizard and Tyranitar from Mayfan or Mia. I can't remember exacly who it was. I think it was Mia. Wish I could remember Mia's full user name.

Worst trade.....traded away a Shiny Metagross on GTS.....Nuff said.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My most memorable trade(s) was when I was doing a giveaway on New Years. It wasn't quite about what I was trading or what I was getting, but the fact that I was outside trading while watching fireworks was pretty cool. It's a memory that's sticks out in my mind. Well, I find every giveaway fun to experience, but the fireworks were icing to the cake.

My least memorable trade was on another forum. The Crown shiny beasts were distributed and I hunted for one... I finally thought I made a good deal, but the Shiny Suicune turned out to be a hack. I was pretty angry, haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Most memorable trades? Not counting RNC giving away free shinies on sundays? haha
I would say, when I traded away 2 Ditto that I captured around level 31-32 and traded them on the GTS, and got back a Feraligatr and a Drapion lvl 100 legit Pokemon :)

Worst one? I have yet to encounter a bad trade.

SuperSnivy

Team Fireblast Member
Years
Best trade was when I got a Japanese shiny Pidgetot on the GTS for a random Hypno I had lying around. Learn to be specific, person I traded with! (not to be mean, lol)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I don't need to think, the best trade I ever got was way back when I first joined and only had 3 shiny's to start my thread with, I traded all 3 of my shiny's for and event!
My worst was when after I started my thread, I told ppl I didn't won't eggs for a trade and some one traded me an egg because they didn't read the rules.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
one time I got someone's Pikachu (with light ball) from Yellow vesion, and I gave him a level 54 Venusaur for it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Getting my first ever RNGed shiny/flawless Pokémon! It was traded to me by Blade and was one of the points when I started to think she wasn't so scary, so it was a good moment for me xD But that's definitely one of the only trades I actually remember haha. I still have that Pokémon saved in my PC box n.n

TheWaffleKiing

Pokemon Lets Player :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
My most memorable trade

err my most treasured trade is where i raised my starter from a wee child and got it to level 100 like full on my own and then my freinds bullied me into trading it for a mewtwo level 52 and we got in the trading room and i was about to trade my most beloved pokemon and my ds power turned off , at first i was really upset cause non of them had a spare charger but when i got home and started playing again i was like THANKYOU LORD :P btw it was a typhlosion

Shiny_Eevee4453

Shiny Pokemon
Years
My least memorable would be trading a Shiny Zubat for a lvl. 96 Eevee. I didn't have all the badges at the time so I couldn't use the pokemon for awhile. :(
My most memorable trade is trading a lvl. 18 Absol for a lvl. 65 Shiny Japanese Ditto. After trading for that pokemon I had so many shinies it was ridiculous.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
my most memerable, after searching on the GTS in diamond for 2 months trying to get a palkia, i got on early in the morning to see if i could find one and then, a miracle! someone was so desperate for the spiritomb i had up for trade that they traded a palkia for it! i searched for a palkia anyway since i might get a better one and found someone that wanted an eevee for it! later they both passed the legality check!
my least memerable trade... that would have to be when i traded my legit shiny pachirisu for a shiny scolipede only to find the scolipede was severally hacked, but later i was able to trade it for a salamence so it worked out

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I think mine must have been when I first got access to WFC on my DS.
I went to the GTS and for weeks, all I did was trade on the GTS for random stuff.

I got my first event Pokémon, MT BATA Ho-oh (French Colosseum Ho-oh.) Then later, got several Aura Mew, then several Wishmaker/Channel Jirachi (I think I got a Negai Boshi Jirachi once and put it back on the GTS, thinking it was a hacked Jirachi. :P)

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Most memorable was when I got my first shiny - Magnayen the Mightyena off the GTS for a Bellsprout. He is legit, and flawless in attack and he's soooo gorgeous : D

Least memorable? Traded my flawless shiny EV'd Ninetales for a breeding request. The person who did the request COMPLETELY ripped me off, the Poke wasn't shiny or flawless or even had the right nature. Never got the Ninetails back.

Kloun

Dividing by zero since 2011.
Years
My most memorable trade might be when I was new to doing GTS, and ended up trading my lvl 25 Zorua (which I had about 3 of) for a completely legit lvl 100 shiny Charizard.
Least memorable was when I trade my lvl 92 shiny Haxorus for a Mew, which turned out to be hacked.

Mintyy

Minty~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
I have a love hate relationship when it comes to trading.

My most memorable trade was probably when I put one of my Mudkip into the GTS and I ended up with a Shiny Mew in the end :P I'm guessing someone got it with a hack but it's still awesome to look at!

As for my worst. I put in one of my level 80 Ditto and ended up with a level 6 Gallade... Wasn't expecting that... /shot

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
dunno if it counts as memorable but i just got a landorous with pokerus over the GTS, time to start EV training :D

BlaqJester

Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Back in the days when Diamond and Pearl was the game to have I met a kid looking so frustrated on his DS. He was surprised that a random guy was playing Pokemon. He was telling me he coudnt find Rock Climb so I gave him a Graveler with it but I forgot for a split second that he evolves when traded so I had to get off the bus with him to finish the trade. : ( Had no money to get back on the bus so I had to walk 12 miles home. Seeing the kid face light up out of excitement and telling me I promise to take care of it and go thru the league made the walk home worth it.

Back