• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi im just wondering in my hack of fire red i want to create all the regions and all the pokemon that have ever been made but i dont know how to do it ive looked in the tutorial section but i cant find anything on it.

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hi im just wondering in my hack of fire red i want to create all the regions and all the pokemon that have ever been made but i don tknow how to do i ive looked in the tutorial section but i can tfind anything.
First of all, start with a simple hack.
None of us can do that ^^.

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
I don't know if this is already answered but, here is the thing

I import my midi file .s with sappy, but when I try to listen the song on sappy, it frezees and the sappy10.exe has stopped working message appears! ( I'm using vista, but Im using the sappy 2005 )

when I try to listen it to the rom, it crashes and the screen turns black!

The file have the s. extension and i followed magnius tutorial step by step
A friend told me that the only solution is to format the entire pc
Is that true or it's only the ocx files are not correctly installed?

2- how much is the limit of midis I can insert in a rom( firered ) without it crashes, it's true that I can only insert 2 or 3 midis as maximun?
If that's not truw, how many will be a good amount?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
So in my hack I want to make an item that I can give to Mewtwo to put it's armor on it(from the anime). So how do I make it so that the sprite and stats change when I give it the item? I know there are tools that allow you to change the effects of items but I only want the boosts to be available for Mewtwo.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay you have two options either A you use asm the more eligant alteritive or B you take a evolution stone lets use the moon stone for example and make it so no pokemon can evlove with the moonstone change the name and pic and make it so mew two can evolve with the mone stone. get it hoped I helped.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
how do i patch and ips with fire red so that i can play pokemon genesis i havent been able to find anything that says specifically how to do that

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
how do i patch and ips with fire red so that i can play pokemon genesis i havent been able to find anything that says specifically how to do that

You mean patching Fire Red so you can play Genesis?

Get Lunar ISP (LIPS) converter
Click Patch Rom
Click the Genesis ISP patch
Click the Fire Red rom and you should be all ready to go. :)

Vee217DG

Pokemon Madness
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
My hack is coming along great minus one small flaw. for some reason on some warps in the opening town when i go through them i end up in the middle of the map instead of at the warp point. i am using advance map n have a fire red rom

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Does anyone know where the actual data for the trainerbattle and evolution is?
I mean, if I went into a hex editor and looked for the actual script/whatever that gets executed when a trainerbattle is called by the game.

I appear to have accidentally moved it by a few bytes and now evolution doesnt work at all, while trainerbattles are glitchy. I know it's fixable, but I need to find the data first.

I know it's stored AFTER the wild battle data, because wild battles still work perfectly.

My hack is coming along great minus one small flaw. for some reason on some warps in the opening town when i go through them i end up in the middle of the map instead of at the warp point. i am using advance map n have a fire red rom

I'll use an example here.
Say you're in Pallet Town 4.0 (Ground floor of your house) and you try to warp out of the house, it takes you to the door of your house in pallet town 3.0, correct?

That's because the warp on 4.0 is pointed to the warp number 0 on 3.0. In this particular case, it just happens to be warp 0.
Now if you're in Gary's house, the warp to the outdoors points to warp number 1 i.e. A different warp.

You've obviously set up the warp so that it warps to a non-existant warp on the outdoors map.

The game compensates for that by warping you to the middle of the map.

Last edited:

Vee217DG

Pokemon Madness
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
I totally messed up the palette in my fire red hack. i made a backup but it was too far between and would take alot of work to re-fix, is there a way to set the palettes back to their defaults?

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
well, it depends, are they the palletes of a tileset?

or the pallets of a graphic, like the dex or map?

If they are the tilesets pallete, I think there's not, but remember that each time you export a tileset, the pallete of that tileset is also exported, so if you are lucky and still have that pallete, you can import the pallete from advance map( the pallete name would be, by default, the name of the tileset,example, tileset0 > pal0

if it's a graphic like a map or something, I believe that the only way is to search for the old pallete, from another unmodified rom or a previous back, and translate it to the hack you're doing
I hope it helps

Also, i leave here 2 questions, if you can answer them, thank you!

I import my midi file .s with sappy, but when I try to listen the song on sappy, it frezees and the sappy10.exe has stopped working message appears! ( I'm using vista, but Im using the sappy 2005 )

when I try to listen it to the rom, it crashes and the screen turns black!

The file have the s. extension and i followed magnius tutorial step by step
A friend told me that the only solution is to format the entire pc
Is that true or it's only the ocx files are not correctly installed?

2- how much is the limit of midis I can insert in a rom( firered ) without it crashes, it's true that I can only insert 2 or 3 midis as maximun?

Good bye ;D

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
Ive asked this a few times but, no help hopefully someone can help me this time. Dose anybody know what the palette offset for the status bar(in battle) in Firered is?

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Ive asked this a few times but, no help hopefully someone can help me this time. Dose anybody know what the palette offset for the status bar(in battle) in Firered is?

I'm not sure, but you should be able to find it by having the palette you want on screen (as in, during a battle) and on VBA clicking tools>palette viewer.
After you find the line of 16 colors you need, you can search for it in a hex editor and then edit it in APE.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

You can insert as many as the song table will allow for.

For example, in my hack, I have a song table which supports 115 songs instead of the standard 91 at the moment.

In any of these, it is possible to insert a midi, but it's better to use a slot which already has a song in it. That is re-insert a song into another slot, then overwrite it with your new midi. That way, you can ensure that it is written into the rom correctly.

For more info on the extending of the song table, and how to correctly insert new songs, see Linkandzelda's tutorial.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I've search this thread for answer with no avail to my problem. I'm working on a hack and have inserted a plentiful maps into the game over existing ones such as Route 1, 2 and a few cities. My problem at hand is that the running shoes aren't working and yet, I've check all of the headers fifty times already. Is there any other way to fix this major bug in my game? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back