• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Like it was my first time...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Are there any movies, television series, books, and/or songs that you wish you could watch, read, or listen to like it was your first time all over again? What would they be and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Woooow the list is not all that extensive, honestly, and the only, well, anything I can think of that I'd like to 'relive' would be The Hunger Games series. People are reverting to saying that it's not all that fantastic of a series - at least much less hype-worthy than it was given - but in my opinion it's some of the better books I've read. Then again, I'm not much for literature, so I could just be depraved of what others might consider 'better' haha.

Years
My mind went to a whole bunch of places, but after I thought about it I feel like I wouldn't enjoy some things as much now and that I couldn't get into them like I did when I was younger and had a different view of the world, or whatever. Like, I wouldn't have the nostalgia goggles on if I saw or read them now. I'd worry that I wouldn't connect to them again.

Still, I think I'd love to see Wall-E again like I'd never seen it before. I love that movie for everything wonderful about it and that won't ever change.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm going to echo Scarf's comment about WALL-E, but for slightly different reasons. Out of all of my favourite films (of which WALL-E is definitely up there), I didn't know an awful lot about them before watching them for the first time, so their greatness was a real revelation to me when I ended up watching them. With WALL-E, because of the 2-month gap between its US and UK release (and also because I'd been following news about its production ever since it was announced), I'd read interviews with Pixar, watched the trailers multiple times and, though I didn't read the Wikipedia synopsis or anything, I felt I already had a good grasp on the story before even setting foot in the cinema. When I eventually did go to see it, I was either going to be immensely disappointed or immensely elated because of all the legwork I'd put in beforehand.

If anything, I imagine I'd fall even more head over heels in love with it had I treated it like any other film, but I would like to go back and see if that would be my real reaction.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I see I am part of the minority of film goers who despises WALL-E :( Sorry!! Except I'm not sorry!!!

I'd like to relive the Harry Potter franchise again, the books, the movies, everything. Growing up with it was pretty great and everything, but I really want to relive all the mania and hype again at my current age. You know, the age where I'm able to camp outside a book store for three days in order to be first in line for the new book. I just want to relive all the wonder and magic of the books again, is that so much to ask?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Gonna answer my own question here.

If I could, I would like to watch the television series Veronica Mars all over again. Watching Veronica uncover all the mysteries of Neptune, CA and finding out who really killed her best friend, Lily, was a thrill all on its own. More than that, while I can still re-watch old episodes today and enjoy them just as much, it's more exciting when you don't know the outcome of what's going to happen or what Veronica is going to discover. That's the thing about mystery shows, they're addictive and fun, but re-watching them over isn't as thrilling as it is the first time since you know what will happen. So if I could, I would love to watch this gem like I had never seen it before. Three seasons was far from enough!

Luckily, life can be good sometimes and a Veronica Mars movie is coming. So at least in 2014 for about two hours I'll get to relive the thrill of watching Veronica Mars once again!

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Dragon Ball, since I kind of read ahead of Wikipedia and already new the story, so I kinda ruined it for myself. Same with the Eragon series.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Haha, That's what she said!

The original Sherlock Holmes stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
A whole list of songs that i've kinda ruined by relating them to certain things.
There's plenty of other things, but I don't feel like typing them all. :p

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
This is gonna sound dumb but..

Once Upon a Forest. I thought, as a kid, that it was one of the best movies to grace the earth. A few friends of mine remembered this movie and agreed so we decided to watch it all together again.

:C IT WAS HORRIBLE AND BORING AND I WISH I JUST LEFT IT BEING A CHERISHED MEMORY! We had to turn it off halfway through ;__;

MV5BMTUyMzM3Mjk0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMwNDAzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I'd like to relive the Harry Potter franchise again, the books, the movies, everything. Growing up with it was pretty great and everything, but I really want to relive all the mania and hype again at my current age. You know, the age where I'm able to camp outside a book store for three days in order to be first in line for the new book. I just want to relive all the wonder and magic of the books again, is that so much to ask?

This. I miss that feeling of just... hanging on the date of something coming out. Waiting and waiting for the book to arrive and then just reading until I'm done, nothing else mattering. Also being part of a huge fandom that there is just so many people to talk to about it once you're done. It was a great feeling. I haven't felt that with anything lately... I don't know if that's just growing up or I just haven't found anything worthy of that kind of attention yet.

Years
Woooow the list is not all that extensive, honestly, and the only, well, anything I can think of that I'd like to 'relive' would be The Hunger Games series. People are reverting to saying that it's not all that fantastic of a series - at least much less hype-worthy than it was given - but in my opinion it's some of the better books I've read. Then again, I'm not much for literature, so I could just be depraved of what others might consider 'better' haha.
Yes totally Hunger Games! Especially Catching Fire, because then you know what happens in the end and it kinda spoils it for you~

Also I love the feeling of discovering a new link between events or characters when you reread something :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Lost is amazing and it's really cool watching it over to see things you didn't notice before, but the first time was definitely the best because there were just so many things you didn't know and idk that show is amazing I watched it way too fast ;;

Fairy Tail is also really fun to watch, although I rewatched it I think I watched it too fast as well, haha.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Without even a moment's hesitation, Star Trek: The Next Generation. I have not, nor do I believe I will ever see a show as relevant, intellectual, and yet still highly entertaining as TNG. The sky's the limit, indeed.

Back