• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Huntsman's Lair (Art/Fakedex)

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
It's been several years since I've seriously posted art on PokeCommunity. Suffice it to say, I'm not new to the world of fan art, but my skills have always been...lackluster... Most of my artwork consists of moderate to low quality hand-drawn and computer-drawn pictures that consist predominantly of one type of subject: Fake Pokemon. This isn't to say that I don't draw real Pokemon, but rather I've found it a lot easier to come up with my own characters especially since they're also used in my fanfiction series "The Crusade of Dark Nostalgia." In any case, pardon my lack of true art skills. These pictures are more for reference than anything else. (On a side note: I'm only posting some of my most recent drawings since a lot of my oldest ones are actually worse...)

Spoiler:

Seraph Furlong is a young skunk tribesgirl and the main character from my fanfic Dark Nostalgia: Biohazard. She belongs to a species of skunk Pokemon that took on humanlike traits after being raised by tribal peoples in ancient Ronac (my original region from The Crusade of Dark Nostalgia series). After an catastrophic accident led to her exile some years ago, she and her newfound colleagues soon discovered themselves on the run again, fleeing to one of her friends' homeland (from which, he had been exiled years ago too). A series of unfortunate events soon gives her a clean slate and a chance to start life anew.

Spoiler:

In Dark Nostalgia: Biohazard, Seraph's tribe has developed to the point where they actually use tribal weaponry. The least of which available to her is an arced knife called the Luna Fang. This cressent shaped dagger allows her to focus her Psychic and Dark type energies into her blade to unleash shockwaves (from moves like Psycho Cut or Dark Pulse) that neatly slice anything they hit. It's also used to an extent in hunting, since her kind is somewhat carnivorous.

Spoiler:

Due to her generally weak physique, Seraph carries a leather-bound wooden shield to help block minor hits from enemy Pokemon. It's adorned with the marking of a red triangle with an eyeball at its center, a symbol of good luck in her tribe as it's the symbol of her clan's chief goddess.

Spoiler:

The indirect evolutions of Latias and Latios, Beyi-geyi and Leyi-geyi are "ascended" beings that have evolved beyond the need for true physical bodies. However, they retain metallic shells that house their spiritual essences and keep their souls intact. They are referenced in the Ronac region's mythology as dieties that were respectively worshipped and feared by ancient tribal peoples.

Spoiler:

Beyi-geyi is a spiteful diety that appears as the staple villainess in my fanfics Feral Twilight and Biohazard. She became corrupted by her own desires to be worshipped as the supreme creator of the multiverse, and now seeks vengeance in the most heinous way possible: the total destruction of any god that opposes her. As such, this entails annihilating her brother Leyi-geyi. Unable to do so, she instead turned her attention to his brainchild Arceus (essentially make her and her brother the proverbial "Gods of the Gods" in my fanfics).

Spoiler:

Doxisite is one of three legendary Pokemon spawned by a monstrous Pokemon formed from a massive microbial colony that summoned forth Beyi-geyi one fateful night. In her rage, the diety unleashed a horrific monster to duel Doxisite's mother, which resulted in it splitting into Doxisite and his two siblings (Doxibond and Doxifice, pictures to be added later). Some time after the incident, Doxisite went dormant in the laboratory in which he was raised, only to awaken centuries later in a world where humans (including his creator) went extinct. Contracted by the same goddess that once wanted him destroyed, he now seeks to spread a terrifying plague upon an unsuspecting world.

<to be continued (hopefully)>

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there Skunter!

This is actually awesome because I've been meaning to ask you if you drew your own avatar (because its got that homemade feel to it) but I didn't want to be rude in case you hadn't drawn it yourself. But, now that I know your an artist, I'm going to ask! Did you draw your avatar? I quite like it! It stuck out to me because it's so red and symmetrical.

Moving on. This is really interesting. But it could use a little work. When you're working on big pieces that require a lot of black, remember to keep your pencil lines in order. Try not to diverge from the pattern you started with for a more consistent look. Another theme in your drawings are the sketch lines. Try not to be so heavy handed when you draw. Loosely outline and go over things with a lightness to it. I guarantee it'll make your art feel more comfortable to the hand and the eyes.

Now, this one I like. It's very evocative of the All Seeing Eye, which makes for very strong imagery. I like how you've called upon that to represent your character's tribe.

Lastly, I enjoy how this gallery is intertwined with your story. I always feel like I can relate to things better when they author has included some kind of image, so my own imagination doesn't need to work too hard lol. xD I don't often travel to the FF&W section, but I'll make a point to read your story after seeing your art. Keep working and keep doing well. And no more of this "my art is lackluster" nonsense!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
This is actually awesome because I've been meaning to ask you if you drew your own avatar (because its got that homemade feel to it) but I didn't want to be rude in case you hadn't drawn it yourself. But, now that I know your an artist, I'm going to ask! Did you draw your avatar? I quite like it! It stuck out to me because it's so red and symmetrical.

Aye, that I did. I'm glad to hear somebody likes it for a change (a lot of my art actually gets ignored on Pokemon forums). It's a picture of my region's Fire-type starter Weasinge. In a nutshell, it's a pyrokinetic ermine that obtained the ability to start fires with its mind thanks to the gem (ruby) embedded it its forehead; it eventually evolves into a Fire/Psychic-type called Incinermyn, which has mastered its art to the point where it can create and control miniature solar flares at will. The full picture took me over a week to finish, since Weasinge's fur actually changes from red to white as it courses down its body.

Spoiler:

Moving on. This is really interesting. But it could use a little work. When you're working on big pieces that require a lot of black, remember to keep your pencil lines in order. Try not to diverge from the pattern you started with for a more consistent look. Another theme in your drawings are the sketch lines. Try not to be so heavy handed when you draw. Loosely outline and go over things with a lightness to it. I guarantee it'll make your art feel more comfortable to the hand and the eyes.

That was actually a very hard picture to draw. I actually had to redraw it again after I screwed up the first picture. I've always had a hard time drawing light outlines too. I've developed a strong hand due to my irl trade, flooring installation (I need to press hard into material with my knife, so that's why I put a lot of pressure into my lines when I draw as well). Additionally, I've been meaning to practice drawing fur better, so I'll take your advice to heart when it comes to coloring techniques.

Now, this one I like. It's very evocative of the All Seeing Eye, which makes for very strong imagery. I like how you've called upon that to represent your character's tribe.

Eyes are a recurrent theme in a lot of my artwork and character designs. In part, it has to do with an insignia I created for one of my alternative antagonists (named Ah-kyi Os Beyi Quofyi, aka Otulp), but I also liked using the reference to the "All Seeing Eye" since it gives sort of mystical feel to a lot of things.

Spoiler:

These are also the symbols of three malevolent deities that appear in my fanfics, aside from Beyi-geyi. Actually, the threesome are Beyi-geyi's children and each supposedly represents a different part of her personality (Otulp, a wolf that embodies her tyrannical ambitions and represents the essence of terror; Vaspudem, a gigantic snake that represents her fury; and Arachana/Corros, a spider woman that represents her lust and desire). I use a lot of dark themes in my "Dark Nostalgia" stories, which is kind of why I decided to make artwork to go along with them.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
New update.

Spoiler:

Are you afraid of the dark? Obseon's the last Pokemon you want to run into in a dark alley or basement. It hated its trainer so much in life that it came back as a wraith to seek vengeance on him/her and terrorize anyone that gets in its way.

Spoiler:

Millions of years after its death, the fossil of an primordial terrapin came back to life in the desert sands and terrorized the nomadic Meradai tribe. Eventually, the clan's warriors were able to entomb the beast and seal it deep within a temple. The seal has remained for millenia afterwards until modern day archeologists unearthed the ruins, and awakened Carastone once again.

Spoiler:

Twin cats conjoined at the tail, Siameow uses both Psychic and Dark type attacks to catch its enemies off-guard and outwit them. When one twin faints, the other immediately takes its place and counterattacks spitefully.

Spoiler:

The evolved form of Siameow, Siamata takes having a split personality to whole new level. The white-furred twin has a calm and joyful demeanor that lulls foes into a false sense of security, whereas the black-furred twin attacks without warning and curses its enemies with terrible (Dark-type) spells.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'll do a nice critique when I have time but I have a quick question. When did you draw your latest update? What I mean is, did you draw them/scan/post them in the same day? Or have you been sitting on the art for a while and decided to post it?

I'm just curious. :)

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
These pictures were drawn a few weeks ago, but I do generally scan my pics the same day that I finish them. I try to update my DA with my current pics within a day or two of scanning them, but I also upload pics to Photobucket regularly so I can share them on forums like PC without needing to mess around with direct links (which I know are actually against the rules here anyways).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah I was just wondering. If they were older than I wouldn't want to critique your art with the same stuff I said before, you know?

But otherwise I think your designs are quite inspired! Out of this latest batch, I think I like the conjoined cats. It's like.. everything I like about Doduo and Meowth all rolled into an adorable kitty bundle. I like its back story too. I think it's good when artists can come from two different directions to enhance their art. Keep it up!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Ah I was just wondering. If they were older than I wouldn't want to critique your art with the same stuff I said before, you know?

But otherwise I think your designs are quite inspired! Out of this latest batch, I think I like the conjoined cats. It's like.. everything I like about Doduo and Meowth all rolled into an adorable kitty bundle. I like its back story too. I think it's good when artists can come from two different directions to enhance their art. Keep it up!

Thanks. But, yes, I'm just posting my most recent pictures for now. If I do inevitably post my older works, I intend to note that they're older.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Mmm, these are some older digital pictures I drew of my Fakemon Zomborg (a mechanical horse possessed by evil spirits) and its evolved forms Zombrong and Zombroken. I'm planning on coloring their full pictures soon, but I'm not going to post the current scans I have of them since they're just outlines atm.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I didn't know you had an art thread! We can work on improving together! :D

Incinermyn said:
(a mechanical horse possessed by evil spirits)
Just to let you know, you already won me over with the fakemon with that description.

I would have really liked to see the bodies, I must admit. However, I do like the design from what I can see. You can tell that each face belongs to the same evolutionary stage, and that the pokemon gets stronger as you scroll down. I think my favorite out of the bunch is Zombroken. I like the designs across its face as well as the eyes and horns. The eyes just give it a look of "I don't really care about anything", which plays well to the ghost typing I think. Over all a pretty cool fakemon, but I would like to see the body.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Like I said, I wanted to make sure I had their full pictures colored before I posted them. In any case, Zombroken is my personal favorite two in the line because it's a virtual tank. It's very slow, but it has high Attack, Special Attack, and Defense stats as well as an ability that prevents Special Attacks from hurting it. In addition, it learns deadly attacks such as Shadow Force and Soul Destruct (which is basically a Ghost-type/Special Attack version of Explosion).

Spoiler:

History: Zomborg was a machine created in the late 1800s to help farmers till their fields without having to use live Pokemon anymore. However, due to its poor design, the machines kept toppling over and made plowing virtually impossible. As such, they were recalled and dismantled in the factory where they were originally built. Years after the factory inevitably closed, the machines suddenly sprang back to life and started wandering the derelict building aimlessly. It's said that if a Zomborg targets prey, it will hunt down its victim in order to kill the creature and consume its soul to sustain itself.

Spoiler:

History: The Internation Institute of Pokemon Science (IIPS) located on Maritide Island in the Ronac Region took it upon itself to capture wild Zomborg and experiment on them to see what made them tick. During their experiment, some of the Pokemon got exposed to supernatural energies that suddenly caused them to evolve into Zombrong. While little is known about how it operates without a clear power source, it is theorized that they are controlled by evil spirits that seek to consume any souls within range of their spiritual attacks.

Spoiler:

History: During a freak accident, a Zombrong's hing legs became broken and the spirits trapped within escaped. Sometime later, soul-eating demons found the empty vessel and reforged the fragments of its legs into wheels with serrated blades. It now ruthlessly seeks out an victim it can corner, and then runs them down with its brutal stomps and vicious slices.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Well, this certainly more... violent than regular pokemon. XD

As far as the drawings themselves go, I do have a critique. I couldn't comment this on the digital drawings because it has to do with the way you color in your pokemon with pencils. Try to color in a uniform manner. Instead of running the pencil around willy nilly, try coloring in the same direction as the shape of the body, if that makes sense. So for the main bodies specifically, try not to color it in patches, but in smooth strokes. Also, a second layer wouldn't hurt either. It will help cover the small bald patches.

As far as the pokemon themselves go, I like them. It's a neat concept with the mechanical horse, although I do think the ability is a little Zom-broken. HAHA, I'm so funny...
The pokemon have a mechanical feel to them that has an almost eerie effect. I could definitely see some stories about this pokemon being made. A really neat concept that I'm a big fan of, with a little work needed on the execution, but hey. That's why we're here! You know, to learn together!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Zombroken's family is supposed to be akin to Dragonite or Garchomp, so that's kind of why the ability makes it difficult to beat. Coincidentally, it's not the type of Pokemon just anyone can get. It would actually take a lot of work to get it to evolve and, even then, the method involves going out of your way to get it to evolve.

As far as the art goes, I agree. I've been trying to work on avoiding the patched coloring stuff, but suffice it to say...old habits die hard... I'm terrible at focusing on coloring things in the same direction. I'm always tempted to work around the outside of an area I'm coloring and then move towards the middle.

Lastly, these Fakemon actually appear in both of my "Crusade of Dark Nostalgia" fanfics. Zomborg appears in Chapter Three of Feral Twilight, while Zombroken appears two chapters later. Zombrong actually joins my main character in Biohazard at one point, but not until after a deadly encounter with the story's antagonist.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I love that we get to see your thought process throughout the drawings. From the development of the fakemon to name ideas. I think it's so good for artist to exercise this, as it allows for good warmup and free flowing thought.

I just wanted to point that out. I don't even do it all that often but writing things down as you're drawing is a really good idea and good for you as an artist. :)

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I put a lot of thought into most of my projects, both drawn and written. My fakemon are all characters within themselves, since I use them in my fanfics a lot and they have unique personalities to match their concepts.

Anywho, new updates!

Spoiler:

Proof that I watch too much of The Walking Dead!

Nothing like putting Wonder Guard on a Spiritomb! Well, up to Gen V, that was a relevant hack. In the case of Oposombie, it's easily the most annoying Fakemon I've come up with. As its name implies, Oposombie is a cross between an opossum and a zombie, sans the incessant craving for human flesh. In fact, it's rather harmless and only came back from the dead to be with its trainer again (though it's often treated like a pest or a monster). Its Zombie Walk ability makes it immune to damage from attack moves; however, there's an increased likelihood that secondary effects and status problems will occur. Despite its ability, Oposombie's stats are all-around low. When it evolves, however, it becomes extremely defensive and acquires a strong Special attack stat.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry about the awkward coloring. My colored pencils kept breaking and I had to work around a lot of tiny details in spots.

"Welcome to Jurassic Park!" So to speak... Vilarus, Vilarion, and Vilarex are sort of my pre-gen VI concepts for Pokemon based on the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Unlike Jurassic Park, when these dinos were revived, scientists implanted cybernetic components that drastically increased their intelligence as well as enhanced their physical strength and speed. Vilarion are particularly crafty because they can sprint at speeds up to 100 MPH, and can track down prey using infrared vision that they developed after evolving from Vilarus.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Another update, but with some older drawings this time. Namely, I'm showcasing my Doxi Riboneria series this time.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Doxi Riboneria is the scientific name given to members belonging to a unique species of Pokemon derived from an artificial strain of microorganism created by Dr. Felicia Barnes in my story "The Crusade of Dark Nostalgia: Feral Twilight." The primary specimen became known as Doxinox (combining a mispelling of the word "toxin" and a suffix using the world "noxious). Doxinox in and of itself is a primordial colony formed from the Doxi Riboneria strain, which in turn took the form of a dark-green reptilian head with purple arms and a tail with alternating lime-green and black rings. In its active/protomorph form, Doxinox balances its face/body by using its as feet and its tail as a hind-leg; in its resting/weakened form, Doxinox transforms into a puddle of ooze with lime-green and black streaks across its surface. Lastly, Doxinox has the ability to same other Pokemon's DNA and transform into monstrous combinations of said Pokemon and itself (i.e. Doxi-Lugia being one of these forms, when Lugia is in the party along with Doxinox).

Spoiler:

Doxibond is the first fully-formed progeny born from the Doxi Riboneria strain after it split from Doxinox's scalp. It developed into a symbiotic entity that instinctively attaches itself to another Pokemon's head and stimulates its host's natural abilities in exchange for a small amount of blood.

Spoiler:

Doxisite is the second fully-formed progeny born from the Doxi Riboneria strain after it split from Doxinox's tail. Unlike its siblings, Doxisite developed into a parasitic entity that seeks out prey relentlessly to sate its unending appetite for blood. It can suck its victim's bodies dry in mere moments.

Spoiler:

Doxifice is the third fully-formed progeny born from the Doxi Riboneria strain after Doxinox unleashed its signature Bio Cannon attack when another legendary Pokemon attacked it one night. The remnant slime congregated into an entity with the incessant need to self-destruct whenever it feels itself threatened by others (not like Voltorb, where it causes a fiery blast, but rather Doxifice causes its whole body to explode into pieces, which reform into its body later).

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
New update with a relatively new character. Hopefully it's okay to update my art thread now, even after a month haitus.

Spoiler:

Pyra is a 37-year-old Vulpix from my fanfic "The Crusade of Dark Nostalgia: Biohazard." This picture is of her anthropomorphized form, though she appears as a regular/feral Vulpix in Biohazard. She's the daughter of an 800-year-old Ninetales named Osiris, who is heralded as the Oracle of Memories in the story. Her father doesn't have any particular spiritual powers himself, but Pyra has the ability to pass from the physical world in the dreamtime world of Beyi Quofyi, where the memories and dreams of all creatures become reality. Both are bound to the servitude of the diety Golbania, four brothers who exist in the gap between the physical domain and the dreamtime. As such, Osiris often serves as their messenger and preaches prophecies that forewarn others of cataclysmic events. Pyra, on the other hand, is less of a diviner and has an affinity for cursing others with terrible spells (hence the reference to the Fire Emblem Awakening class known as Dark Mage).

Back