• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon School

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
Pokemon School - ALPHA 1.0 RELEASED

Pokemon School

Introduction: You're a student and you're going to study in the Primary Poke-School. Explore the school and discover all its secrets. Challenge other students/teachers/janitors and obtain good marks because you'll need them to do the final exam.

Innovations:
- Tired of all the hacks which start with a "You have to save the world (and you're 10 years old)" or "You'll explore caves/forests/Blablabla..."??? This is the hack for you! You're going to school!

- You can catch wild pokemons only at the beginning.

- Some pokemons have been modified, so forget everything you know about evolutions etc!

- Enjoy sidequests and good scripts.

Things you probably won't like:

I'm using ruby tiles only because:
- This is my first hack and I'm focusing on scripting
- I don't know how to insert new tiles even after I've seen some tutorials.
- I think that school sucks, so this school will have """bad""" tiles.

You can help me if you:

- Can do a good intro and insert it in the rom.
- Can do some sprites (overworld and trainers) and insert them in the rom.
- Wanna test the alpha for some bugs.

BUGS:

- At the very beginning there's a tile error but it disappear immediatly

- FIXED

- The first pokemon center has a PINK background.

TEAM:
-ME
- I NEED A SPRITER
- I NEED A PERSON WHO CAN ADD AN INTRO.

Screens:

2qn4l8m.jpg
One of the few catchable pokemons.

2a9cy0p.jpg
One of the zones where you can catch some pokemons.

23suc2d.jpg
Inside the bus (old truck)

sfbfyf.jpg
Lol.

2e4lmrb.jpg
This is one of the first events, I'll post a video to show the entire script soon.

30t71ua.jpg
The library (where you can.... eh I don't want to spoil it!!)

4r7ubr.jpg
The school!

wjdtdy.jpg
<- The starter!

2yocuxd.jpg
The end of the alpha.

op1qbt.jpg
The infirmary

vx1107.jpg
Another janitor

20kt8qq.jpg
The rival

if9576.jpg
The rival 2

rjo6ya.jpg
:D

wjyi6f.jpg
The tournament script (I know the map is empty.)

CREDITS:
They go to all the tool's creators! (Actually I'm using XSE - AMAP - PA - Name Editor - A-Trainer - FSF - A-text )

Downloads
ALPHA 1.0 RELEASED!

SOME SUGGESTIONS:

- In the first zone train your pokemon untill they reach at least level 12-13

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
It's a nice idea, but you need to read some mapping tutorials. There are countless tile errors in those screens.

Ekleon

Birth of a new hacker!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
LOVE this idea! the same idea crossed my mind! Good luck with the rom :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I've had this idea before.
Didn't think much of it because this thought came in my head
Oh boy! There's like coming home from school to play a game. Where your at school! -.-
xD

Anyway mapping needs alot of work! :/

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
I said mapping is not my first priority lol, but I know I need to improve a lot that part... I just want a complete game, and after that I'll modify some maps. Lots of people spend hours in a single map (I mean, they're beautiful sometimes) but remember, you can have lots of colors to paint your picture, but it doesn't matter how much beautiful are your colors if you can't give them life using your skills :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Tile errors are different though. For example, in all the screenshots with water, you are missing the little mountain bits at the side. You also have trees on top of cut-off hedges.
Mapping should be your first priority right now, because nobody likes to play a hack with bad maps.
Unless it's Flora Sky or Ash Gray.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I love hacks with new concepts =)
Though school hacks are maybe toughest ones because I've seen some of them and none of them was finished...
Well I'm cheering for you.
Guess everything else has already been said.
The maps subject at least :D But just like Fireworks mentioned if you really can make enjoyable scripts and quests you don't need to have awesome maps =)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I just re-looked at the thread.
You say
- Some pokemons have been modified, so forget everything you know about evolutions etc!
The seems pretty pointless and annoying. Surely if it's a Pokemon School one of the subjects should be evolution, and it seems like those annoying going nowhere hacks because of no evolution and too difficult to play. :/ IMO!

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
I just re-looked at the thread.
You say .
The seems pretty pointless and annoying. Surely if it's a Pokemon School one of the subjects should be evolution, and it seems like those annoying going nowhere hacks because of no evolution and too difficult to play. :/ IMO!

I haven't said that there won't be evolutions, I've actually changed some levels and added some hidden evolutions... :)

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I like the idea of the hack. It's something you don't see every day. I would say something about your mapping, but on the first post you DID say you were focusing on your scripting more than your mapping (but eventually I do hope you fix those tile errors!).

Keep up the good work... Looking forward to seeing more.

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
I like the idea of the hack. It's something you don't see every day. I would say something about your mapping, but on the first post you DID say you were focusing on your scripting more than your mapping (but eventually I do hope you fix those tile errors!).

Keep up the good work... Looking forward to seeing more.

Yes, I'll fix them when I've time... I'm working on a big tournament script, unfortunately today I'm going to my grandmother's house and I won't have internet. I'll come back home saturday or sunday. I'll work on the hack so saturday or sunday prepare yourself for a big update (maybe alpha released :P)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
well after reading all and it its a good concept i havnt seen a thread of yours in team discussions you could find a decent mapper to help you or to fix your errors or such
if you need new tiles sprites just opeen a team disscusion thread XD but i hope this hack becomes well known as old white was a school based game that died...

Ekleon

Birth of a new hacker!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
I was wandering, you said that there are few catchable pokemon in the game, does that mean no pokedex system or is there other ways of obtaining pokemon in the game?

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
love the idea, but the mapping isnt the best. If you need a good mapper, I'm here to help you.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I was wandering, you said that there are few catchable pokemon in the game, does that mean no pokedex system or is there other ways of obtaining pokemon in the game?
thats actually a very good question, is there gonna be a pokedex?

but anyway, is there a rival by any chance? and whats the story behind this game? is there some big secret in the school you and your classmates need to figure out? the 'high school drama' concept or what?

this is a really good idea btw lol.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Nice idea, I always had this idea about school in a hack I wanted to make but didn't have time for, and this hack does look promising, and if you need a beta/alpha tester, I can do it :)

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Well this is interesting :\ but theres always a first for everything. in the beginning you mentioned tiles, it actually wouldn't matter since your going to be in a school, you wont be using half of the tiles in the main tileset (like pokecenter,mart,mountains...) also, what will happen to the badges? you should use them as ranks n stuff so whoever has a badge, can access other reserved parts of the school or campus (like the teachers lounge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back