• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I might do just that.

Great, I'm all giddy now, plus I'm getting ideas. Not really good since I have a lot of them.

I wonder if there is a RP based on 'Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition', though I highly doubt that since it's not yet released, and might take a long time to localize...

By the way, thanks Senpai, I'll wait for some opening for the RPs... the ones here are really active and have developed quite a plot. Makes it more awkward don't you think?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I might do just that.

Great, I'm all giddy now, plus I'm getting ideas. Not really good since I have a lot of them.

I wonder if there is a RP based on 'Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition', though I highly doubt that since it's not yet released, and might take a long time to localize...

By the way, thanks Senpai, I'll wait for some opening for the RPs... the ones here are really active and have developed quite a plot. Makes it more awkward don't you think?

I guess. xD
I'm making an RP myself; maybe you can check it out when I make it? :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Rune Alchemist If you are looking for new RPs to join I suggest subscribing to the roleplay acceptance thread v.2. All new roleplays are accepted there. Anyway welcome to the Corner! Also, we don't have a P+NA RP yet in answer to your question.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Rune Alchemist Welcome to the RP Corner. Hope you have a good time, and enjoy yourself. If you ever need any help with anything, drop me a VM/PM.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Rune Alchemist: Welcome to the RPC. :P

@Everyone: I've come the the conclusion that I'm going to make writing more guides my side project. It's just a matter of deciding what to write about first. Last time I asked I couldn't really get an answer, so I suppose I'll just choose something and go make it happen. o-o;

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Skymin TiTaN.JuStIn Greiger: ._. I don't even know what Ivalice is or what it looks like. I'm still trying to get through Final Fantasy II.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
OK, so I'm in the process of making a Medieval RP with a Co-GM. We were wondering ahead of time if we should make this a all human RP, or add in mythical races as well for people to use? Either way, we're sure there will still be magic, and all the other good stuff, but we're not sure if people would prefer an all-human medieval RP, or one with mythical races as well. We can also have it a bit of both, where mythical races are in it, but non-usable by the RPers, or we can have it that there are non at all.

Which would you prefer? Feedback and interest would be appreciated. This isn't something that would come out too soon, however, but rather closer to the summer.

WELL, I would be fine with any races. Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, whatever. Although it seems that people have issues with these races. Overused? HUMANS ARE OVERUSED! xD
If I get bored/un-lazy enough I might try to think of an Elder Scrolls RP. Although, If I were to do that, should I base it off of one of the games, or not? If so, which one do you think? /really only knows Oblivion and Skyrim all that well

As for the Final Fantasy RP . . . yes, the world is so extremely versatile, you could do anything. Go crazy. @.@

Other than this I am lazy RPer and lazy everything, so whatever. Who is lazier: Skymin or I?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Who is lazier: Skymin or I?

That's such a difficult question... you stopped posting in Foreigners, but then again, you were the one who got the furthest so it wasn't really your fault anyways. But Melody is almost the one who is most behind in Arcanum... but you have already posted in the RP on EGC so you're at least active somewhere... ;PppPPPppPPpPp

As for Skymin, she is a mod and therefore automatically lazier than everybody else. Because now going on the forum is suddenly a chore instead of something you do to sneak away from other things. Oh, cruel reality ;D

*gives out comforting hugs*

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
everyone comments on my laziness, even offline! it's CRAZY.

@ShinyDiamond; try wikipedia-ing Ivalice. It's a fairly huge world. Also, buy Final Fantasy Tactics. It's a fantastic game.4

@Rune Alchemist: WELCOME!! I'm the modly mod here, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've already have my eye on a few RPs. I'll try out Limanya's Darkness Lurking.

It would be challenging though, since I've only played PMD:RRT. I wouldn't have much knowledge on the canon game.

... I just noticed, the Pokemon games are starting to drift from being 'Beginner-friendly'. PMD really challenged me. Did I mention that my party can wipe-out at Pokemon White? ~.~

FFworld?
I guess you can pick Ivalice as a template. I mean, Ivalice is like the most used world among the Final Fantasy worlds. There's FF12, Final Fantasy Tactics series (I don't like FFT for PS), uh... Was any of the other pixel FF based on Ivalice?

Though if you are making a RP of FF, I guess you should be very fluid. Like Dissidia Fluid. That would be cool, but not much if you consider the plot.

By the way, I looked at the etiquette of RPing, and all I can say that all of it is common sense. I've only participated in one, and it was pretty... Um... Uh, yeah. I guess I can't really explain it...

Let's just say it is a bunch of people writing gibberish. Pure chaos.

Some people make it worth while though. Here is a sample.

Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, the flow is horrible, but it's fun because of the people playing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Vagrant Story is also part of the Ivalice universe says wiki. edit: or was meant to be. i didnt look that hard

FFTactics on PS was GREAT!!! ;~;

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I had some very, very bad experiences with FFT in PS.

There is the time that I had a causality on my 2nd battle (The one with the rookies).

The near unbeatable Zodiac Battle, it was Marche... Ahem, Ramza one-on-one against some guy I can't remember, and when I got past him, we had an another adjacent battle. I spent more than a few hours trying to beat that stage.

Then the time I accidentally activated the 100 monks easter egg. (Oh, gawd!)

Then, there is the fact that my neighbor, when I lent the CD, finished it in a week. He even has Cloud. ~.~

Wait, Vagrant Story is based on Ivalice?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
You obviously weren't trying hard enough. d: I just have the PSP one.

Anyways, is there anyone who actively reads roleplays that they don't participate in? Just curious.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I do.
The roleplays that I read are those I just honestly don't have a great SU for them. ;w;

Like for example... Pokemon Odyssey.

/which reminds me, I gotta post that joint post in Arcanum~

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
You obviously weren't trying hard enough. d: I just have the PSP one.

Anyways, is there anyone who actively reads roleplays that they don't participate in? Just curious.

I read *Foreigners and I'm reading Inner Demon... That's it.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
That's such a difficult question... you stopped posting in Foreigners, but then again, you were the one who got the furthest so it wasn't really your fault anyways. But Melody is almost the one who is most behind in Arcanum... but you have already posted in the RP on EGC so you're at least active somewhere... ;PppPPPppPPpPp

As for Skymin, she is a mod and therefore automatically lazier than everybody else. Because now going on the forum is suddenly a chore instead of something you do to sneak away from other things. Oh, cruel reality ;D

*gives out comforting hugs*

For the sake of making excuses: I did write that long post for Arcanum but once it was lost I got so discouraged . . . I HAVE PART OF IT REWRITTEN THOUGH AND I SHALL CONTINUE IT NAOW.

And as for Skymin . . . touché. ;P

@SkyMAN's question - NOOOOOPE. I find it hard enough to read all of the RPs I'm in. as it is I tend to skim them xD

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I've been pretty bored. I'm in a few RP's already but one isn't really "active" active if you know what I mean.

Another hasn't even started yet.

I need another RP.

However I'm pretty picky when it comes to RP's, especially Pokemon RP's so I'm pretty sure I'll never find one.

=/

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@The Mega Champion You could always try mine. The link is in my signature. We have a range of players both newcomers and old timers who have joined and we're always looking for more players. I just had my IC thread accepted today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back