• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen You are only allowed one pokemon

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hard to pick a Hoenn region Pokemon that hasn't been picked yet but I think Brock kind of made my decision for me: Ludicolo. Grass/Water Typing for the win.

Years
Just to clarify, I was joking when I said Milotic was only for me! Seriously you guys can pick any Pokemon you want from Hoenn, it's okay if somebody else has it too. Just know that it is the only Pokemon that will be in your party.

Years
Hoenn, huh! The region with Pokémon I like the least...
Hmm... I'll take Banette, I think.
banette_by_glyon-d80mtev.png

Last edited:
Years
Trying to figure out a reason why I wouldn't just go with a Latias and call it a day.

Although Jirachi is also anothe tempting option... but I'll stick with the former.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
SAMUROTT!!!!!! :P

*Cough*... I mean FLYGON!!!!

... just gimme a level 5 one and call it good! xD

KommissarLT

KaiserGreed
Years
Swampert. Sure it can't fly, but it does have access to all the Water-type HMs and for a fourth move slot Earthquake for super-powerful STAB. And when I don't need Dive anymore, I could just go to Lilycove and forget it for something else.

Years
Flygon it is. It's available relatively late in the game compared to most of my other favourites, so it makes for an interesting change if I can get it as my starter.

Beautifly and Sableye are other options. I think Flygon is a more solid option all around though.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Hardest question to me, as Gen 3 is my favorite, and I love so many pokemon from it. I'd choose one of either (yes this is turning into a list but for the love of everything I can't decide):

-Absol: Not just my favorite pokemon of all time, ever, but also useful in that can predict disasters to keep me safe, it's beautiful and it carries a sweet little punch to its attacks.
-Swampert: Insane HM utility means I can go whereever I want, its typing means it can beat almost anyone it wants (screw Wallace's Ludicolo), and it's bulky.
-Metagross: Nobody said Birch can't have any of those. It levitates, helps me go anywhere, Steel typing is OP in Gen 3, shiny Metagross is beautiful, thing hits like a truck

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Flygon. My favorite type is dragon, and until recently it was my favorite dragon type pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
A 3rd Gen Pokémon that hasn't been picked yet? Hmm.. Runners-up would be Shiftry and Sharpedo but I'd finally go for Walrein.

89849d623fb17739152306775b3a0aea19fbd30a_hq.gif

blueghost17

I Am The Ghost Under Your Bed!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
One Pokemon only? Well, it would have to be a flying type.
My heart tells me it would be Tailow, since it's the highest leveled Pokemon in my Emerald run right now and I've grown fond of it.
Or Whismur. Whismur is hecka cute.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
altaria for me. it was a toss up between it and two other pokemon but let me fly on a fluffy cloud (especially when it's in mega)!

Back