• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 6 Pokemon + Mega Evolution for Essentials v17

Years
I have encountered a new Problem that I cannot solve. It has listed the trainers.txt line 1 as undefined

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

Name must consist only of letters, numbers, and

underscores and can't begin with a number.

In addition, the name must be defined

in trainertypes.txt.

File PBS/trainers.txt, line 1

Compiler:932:in `pbGetConst'

Compiler:974:in `parseTrainer'

Compiler:1387:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:1385:in `loop'

Compiler:1487:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:3977:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4095

Hopefully this is the last One i have trouble with and I feel bad for having to ask for so much help, but someone help me with this

Years
I have encountered a new Problem that I cannot solve. It has listed the trainers.txt line 1 as undefined

Pokemon Essentials

in trainertypes.txt.

Always take a look at what is written in your error message. Most of the time, for simple problems, there's a solution already written there.

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years

Pokemon Essentials

in trainertypes.txt.

Compiler:932:in `pbGetConst'

Compiler:974:in `parseTrainer'

Compiler:1387:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:1385:in `loop'

Compiler:1487:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:3977:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4095

Hopefully this is the last One i have trouble with and I feel bad for having to ask for so much help, but someone help me with this

Also please make sure to post what is on the line where the error occurs (in this case it would be line 1 from your trainers.txt, which you could also provide as a screenshot, so we can see some more of it)

Years
ok, well heres the trainer txt section I am having errors with

#-------------------------------
CAMPER
Liam
DIGLETT,10
BONSLY,11
#-------------------------------

Here is also the file in TrainerTypes.txt in case needed

33,CAMPER,Camper,16,,,,Male,,

Years
Still having issues with trainer.txt. The error message is this:
Spoiler:

and the codes in my script that have been identified are these:

Spoiler:

The Trainers.txt file holds this stuff:
Spoiler:

I have tried everything from editing the .txt file, to looking into how to define the trainer from scratch, right down to looking for the scripts I can changes, but this is just out of my depth, and I hope I can get help with this. I have tried to provide everything, as I got it un edited from the files in this thread

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
When do you get this error? When it compiles?

EDIT: Also is this your actual trainer text file? I was able to basically replicate your error message by basically just removing the initial '#' on the first line.

But a couple things strike me as odd. First, your error message lacks numerous details I see in the error message. Its almost like you retyped out the message rather than copy pasting it or just getting an image capture (and missed details as a result). Second, while the code at the lines I am given are the same as your code, I have them on differernt lines.

Have you edited the compiler script at all? What version of Pokemon essentials are you using? Is that definitely the same trainer text file as what you're using?

Last edited:
Years
I am using Pokemon essentials v 17.2, the problem is in the compiler, and no, I have not made any changes to the script. the script I got from the download in this thread.
find attached the image of the error message.

Attachments

• Screenshot (66).png
    Screenshot (66).png
    29.1 KB · Views: 9
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 8, 2020
Sorry to bother, but i'm kinda new here and i'm making my first game ever in pokemon essentials, but i get this message whenever i try to start the game.
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17]

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 35, key Type1

FAIRY

Compiler:418:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:403:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:1706:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1698:in `each'

Compiler:1698:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1695:in `loop'

Compiler:1775:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1680:in `each'

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1679:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\karls\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

i haven't done anything since I downloaded the txt files and i havent downloaded anything but the txt files (such as other mods) and i should be using verision 17.

i know you're all busy fellas but if you get the chance i'd love some help, and thanks <3

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Sorry to bother, but i'm kinda new here and i'm making my first game ever in pokemon essentials, but i get this message whenever i try to start the game.
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17]

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 35, key Type1

FAIRY

Heyo! Looks like error was cause because you don't have fairy type defined in your types.txt PBS file.
It's an easy fix though, all you gotta do is add it!
Code:
[18]
Name=Fairy
InternalName=FAIRY
IsSpecialType=true
Weaknesses=POISON,STEEL
Resistances=FIGHTING,BUG,DARK
Immunities=DRAGON
Pretty sure this is right. :smile:

battler3797

Sturdy Ghost
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Hey man love the work you did here, I was actually able to come up with updated Animated Sprites for Gen 7 as well as Gen 6 for EBS, that said I am a monkey when it comes to the PBS files and working with everything else.

The Animated sprites are found here:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=419276

I would love to do some work with you about getting the PBS file fully complete as well as an updated ability list in order and getting alternate forms actually implemented properly so people have a one-stop shop to get all the files they need. Let me know!

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 23, 2019
I Have all of the PBS Files Imputed for gen 6, but when I go to make a wild Pokemon, it only lets me make them up to genesect, and i have no idea what the problem is.

Years
How do you fix the problem with the missing shape category in pokemon.txt and does anyone have a version of the .txt file with the shape category?

Years
Sorry to bother, but it seems that the Charizard Y sprite isn't linked to Charizard (Form 3) in the sprite positioner but instead regular Charizard is linked to it, is there anyway I can fix that?

Last edited:
Back