• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
yNozjIA.png

With some BS happening, i think I'd want to have a D.Va stuffed toy or a D.Va figurine. Yes I just said that out loud.

So yesterday, i played some Infinite Warfare at a friend's house and he let me play a game of TDM, unfortunately it was on consore so I had to get adjusted to using a PS4 controller with some Kontrol Freekz <_>. As mentioned earlier by me, PC Infinite Warfare is kinda bollocks with its separation of the PC playerbase so console owners are lucky on this end... (Lucky you.) Surprisingly, i kinda did poorly but I went 25-8 on a typical TDM scenario. Ripping people as the Synapsis is rather fun with its Dual Machinegun Payload.

I could easily go 32-5 if i had a mouse and keyboard though. Just like the good ole days. Now Activision if you actually make your product actually be good for PC..

Speaking of Modern Warfare Remastered for PC... jesus christ.. its even more terrible than what i thought.. remember those who played COD4 on PC can understand why MWR FOR PC is not as good..

- Cannot support 32 players like the original PC port did. No 16 on 16 TDMs or Dominations. Seriously why? Original CoD4 on PC was insanely good because things possible on consore such as 16 v 16 TDMs, Domination, hell especially Headquarters was a joy. Not to mention, 16 v 16 + time limit based instead of Score based was the best. Fighting for the most kills before the time runs out on a 16 v 16 scenario was a joy to play. Why is not this on Modern Warfare Remastered is beyond me. Like seriously..

- No mod support. Okay this is kinda understandable by other people but still, if they were going to basically just make a beautified reskin of CoD4, Raven Software should have made mod support possible a looooong time ago. I would love to play ProMod on 2016 but nooooooo.....

So yeah, MWR ON PC is kinda garbage compared to the ever glorious original PC version. Original CoD4 PC was basically a gift from the heavens. MWR PC is kinda dinglederp to me.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Well that's good to know I suppose, not that I was planning on buying it but now I certainly wont. Big battles are way more fun than tiny ones...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I have a couple of questions i want to ask out loudly.. feel free to answer anything, from the fellow PC Computer Windows Warlords and the Consore Pheasants.

@Dishonored2
Emily or Corvo?

@Overwatch
I'm officially a Junkrat metalslave. I've cleanly won games and even hard carried impossibly high odds as Junkrat more than I have done so with Reaper or Soldier 76. Or at least in some cases I've felt like I've done more damage. Feels good. Its bringing back good ole memories of me being a Demoman main in Team Fortress 2. Ok that's not actually a question.

Years
@Overwatch

Goddamn did I hate having to pull overwatch and firewatch at 0100 for a month. That shit sucks.

Game related though, be sure to get your Hero/Heroine submissions in on time to the contest! I'm also getting back into the Pokémon stuff! I am ready to pick my copies up on Friday! Truth be told though, I've been talking to you guys a lot more than I've been playing videogames lol. The last time I played a PS4 game was over four days ago ohohoho!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Why hello there you fellow PC Gaming Warlords, console pheasants, doujinsoft playing junkies, retro hipsters, and also the hopefully not boosted animals in the room.

I know its so early because 2016 is close to ending but it isn't over till the Fat Man explodes, but I'm wondering if anyone has a wishlist for 2017 and the following days, weeks, so on.

Oh and because it still relevant to discussion, have a picture of a man slaying a deathclaw:
LPjXYwr.jpg

Edgy as f**k, no f**king sh*t!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I have a wishlist for you:

- How about North America should start stepping up once again as a competitive region for professional gaming and stop being bodied by South Korean overlords? or maybe NA needs even better Asian imports such as myself, and my good ole buddy Xin over here to actually help NA finally beat the tar out of South Korean overlords in League and the rest of our followers git guud in Overwatch? How about that?

- How about Activision to stop sucking console C**k and actually make DECENT PC Ports of their games?
- How about you getting your a*s in Spacehulk Deathwing because this game is AMAZING and its totally worth when not playing League during the vacant hours.

- Okay, Fallout 5. Bethesda pls.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I have a wishlist for you:

- How about North America should start stepping up once again as a competitive region for professional gaming and stop being bodied by South Korean overlords? or maybe NA needs even better Asian imports such as myself, and my good ole buddy Xin over here to actually help NA finally beat the tar out of South Korean overlords in League and the rest of our followers git guud in Overwatch? How about that?

- How about Activision to stop sucking console C**k and actually make DECENT PC Ports of their games?
- How about you getting your a*s in Spacehulk Deathwing because this game is AMAZING and its totally worth when not playing League during the vacant hours.

- Okay, Fallout 5. Bethesda pls.

On the gaming scene in America, couldn't you say that it's actually improved over the last few years? With the emergence of eSports and coverage by sports media juggernauts like ESPN, I feel that while America is a ways away from South Korea, it's at least on the right track.

Arsenic

Years
On the gaming scene in America, couldn't you say that it's actually improved over the last few years? With the emergence of eSports and coverage by sports media juggernauts like ESPN, I feel that while America is a ways away from South Korea, it's at least on the right track.

Wrong track if you ask me. Let me know when competitive model train building is on ESPN because if one hobby get to be TV broadcasted shouldn't all of them?

Arsenic

Years
Drone racing was on ESPN just the other day.

GOODBYE PLANET EARTH YOU ARE NOW I PLACE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

We need to go back to gladiator fights. I cant stand all these losers being considered athletes and getting on all sports news centers. THEY PLAY VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
GOODBYE PLANET EARTH YOU ARE NOW I PLACE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

We need to go back to gladiator fights. I cant stand all these losers being considered athletes and getting on all sports news centers. THEY PLAY VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY.

Dem thumbs are just so swoll tho.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Peepi's toxicity is on another level! Give the man a hug! A +1 star. Hell even the contract! We need our official Forum boosted monkey a medal on sparking lame discussions on what people shouldn't care about.

NA as a region seem to fluctuate so much when it comes to these kind of events and I don't really see like a particular area/genre they dominate, as such. Of course I can't speak for the ENTIRE scope of all games that have been eSported, but generally it seems that MOBAS and RTS go to Korea (although EU are starting to stomp on the RTS scene) and FPS seems to be sticking to EU, although I think if anything NA seems to be doing best here!

I hope that the recent South Korean overlord win in Blizzcon's Overwatch 2016 world cup over Team Russia isn't a terrifying or mortifying scene of what it is to come with international gaming events whenever Koreans are in the building.

No disrespect to the South Korean overlords but i find it mortifying that whenever South Korea gets their hands on a major gaming franchise and scene, they pretty much get good at it with a bit of time, practice, and resources, then suddenly turn international events into a pubstomp. As much as people enjoy it, it kinda gets into people's nerves that eventually South Korea's going to literally absorb every gaming scene there is.

Of course, Korea is lucky that I've never got the chance to become a professional. I would have gladly led my own team and bodied South Korean teams in League of Legends have me and my friends (Sorry PPC not you this time. You too boosted to be part of my once dream team) have actually formed up, trained, developed synergy, crushed our local competitive scene and played well against Korean (and NA, EU, Russia, and other regions) teams and gave honor and glory to our own home country.

Or maybe we could have been NA/USA imports and made North America glad that we fought for the Red, White, Blue, Uncle Sam, M16s, M14s, Apple Pies, 4th of July's, PokeCommunity's userbase, and whatnot. But alas, i could have achieved that years ago have things went as planned on my end. Of course, I still stomp League of Legends yolo queue on my own server, climbing up the ranks while enjoying the god damn game, and letting people know that I can always train my own batch of KR Overlord SlayerS. I've got a team of hopeful players who's wanting my guidance on how to get good.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
So i actually find time to post in this lovely hub of fellow Ranked Warlords and funny casuals.

And as usual, the responses are always ranging from "OMG YOU NERDS SUCK C(()K" and actually valid responses. Keep it up you lovely dingalings. Also, power to my boi.

(Sorry PPC not you this time. You too boosted to be part of my once dream team)

I'm the best top laner you've ever played with in 1-2 seasons of League. Stop lying! Let these people know the damn truth about our sick top-jungler synergy that makes even Korean teams drop their pants.

NA as a region seem to fluctuate

Its the sad thing that kinda happens. Though in all honestly, in Blizzcon's Overwatch World Cup, USA actually gave the best performance against South Korea during their quarter finals match, while KR just stomped both their semi finals opponent and their grand finals opponent like crazy. Hell, if team USA didn't fumble in some of their games in the group stages, they could have easily seeded a top 1 spot during the quarter finals and had a weaker team to play against, thus increasing their chances in getting to a higher top seeding (Semis or even Grand finals). Team USA's gameplay during the entire world tourney was such a blast to watch and is one of the reasons why despite NA's fumbles in international events, I still love NA as a region because when NA teams actually play well, they mean f**king business.

Guess I just have to open this up since well, I WAS (and may be depending on opportunities) in the position to say:

Also as a former competitive player in Counter Strike, DotA, and even the early days of League of Legends, I'll tell you guys something. If you all think that the life of a pro-player is so easy that we just play video games all day, let me personally tell you how taxing it is when your own organization forces you to actually play 6-7 hours a day as a means of practice with a few breaks, mainly said breaks are just for discussions, playing is a business and team management bullsh*ttery. Just letting you people know. Sh*t is fun mainly if the motivation is there, the team is actually trying hard, the management is actually listening to all of our player concerns such as health, housing, resources, break times, and even gym times, scrims with other teams, its not all that easy.

Its even worse in League when you're basically playing a game that has a metagame that changes patch to patch. Its f**king crazy. The stuff you practice for weeks and months just suddenly go down the drain because of a huge patch that changes the entire playing field. I remember that our old team in our local scene was nearly uncrackable until a big patch was implemented that just neutered the organized playstyle that we did. I basically retired from competitive league and just been a filthy solo queue high elo casual since Season 3. Counter Strike for what it was, was a lot more stable. Sure patches come in and out in CS:GO but they weren't as drastic as that in League. It was far easier to adapt in that game to changes.

Of course, people can easily dismiss what we do as just some passionate nerding raised to 11, but I wouldn't go into your level just to feel contempt with whatever the heck you are doing with your life. Hell, i could easily reapply to another team right now and suddenly win a spot in a main roster. Hell, should whatever game and team i end up being a pro at, I'll hollar at you boys and girls for being one of my several sources of motivation.

Wrist Injuries kinda blow though. Feels bad. I forgot to emphasize that part. Wrist Injury. Basketball accidents kinda suck.

Anyway, TLDR, lovely responses. Somehow, I might reconsider going Pro once i get my groove on. It could be CSGO, it could be League. Xin could motivate me since that man is an insanely good coach if he lets you be his coach.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
So i actually find time to post in this lovely hub of fellow Ranked Warlords and funny casuals.

Sup my boosted professional. Anyway, you had a lot of sh*t to say so let me address whatever you threw at with a very unfiltered reaction.

I'm the best top laner you've ever played with in 1-2 seasons of League. Stop lying! Let these people know the damn truth about our sick top-jungler synergy that makes even Korean teams drop their pants.

Let me finish my OJT, apply for a South Korean visa and lets start stomping on KR Solo/Duo queue. I need that youtube $$$$$$$$$ and you need a validation about your gameplay.

USA actually gave the best performance against South Korea during their quarter finals match

The feels when you watch the region that you root for... I emphasized with the crowd that day. Have i seen that live, I'd be offering free hugs (and free Blizzo points) to the NA Faithful.

Also as a former competitive player in Counter Strike, DotA, and even the early days of League of Legends, I'll tell you guys something. If you all think that the life of a pro-player is so easy that we just play video games all day, let me personally tell you how taxing it is when your own organization forces you to actually play 6-7 hours a day as a means of practice with a few breaks, mainly said breaks are just for discussions, playing is a business and team management bullsh*ttery. Just letting you people know. Sh*t is fun mainly if the motivation is there, the team is actually trying hard, the management is actually listening to all of our player concerns such as health, housing, resources, break times, and even gym times, scrims with other teams, its not all that easy.

Training and even the games themselves were quite different back in the day though. But obviously we do know what the big damn culprits are.

Also, PPC may be a boosted animal, but he WAS a former pro, believe it or not. Hell, I was partly responsible for getting him into a team since the organizer that time was looking for a suitable player for both League and CS. Yep. Focusing on 2 games at once. It wasn't the most optimal of ideas, but some people are just that talented.

I wouldn't go into your level just to feel contempt with whatever the heck you are doing with your life

Who's that hiding for what i can see? Oh look its the teamless PPC!

You don't have to call everyone out you know. Besides, you still need a team. Let the people speak their mind since everyone has an opinion, much like we all have a painus cupcake.

Somehow, I might reconsider going Pro once i get my groove on. It could be CSGO, it could be League. Xin could motivate me since that man is an insanely good coach if he lets you be his coach.

Please don't leave the team that I'll recommend to you the next time you actually think of going back to bein a pro. You're still at the RIPE age ;)

Okay so in my poor attempt at shutting down boosted lizardmen, i decided to just infuriate everyone else by sharing some INTEL from yours truly about some dirty Modern Warfare Remastered Secrets.

Apparently, there's rumors circling around that new guns, skins, and even a new melee weapon in form of a shovel are coming to Modern Warfare Remastered VIA SUPPLY DROPS. Yes. Supply Drops in Call of Duty 4. Imagine that. and HACKTivision is doing some copyright strikes and claims to anyone making videos about them.

Here's the link for some unconfirmed proof but dataminers for the PC always have the right tools for the right job.
http://charlieintel.com/2016/11/14/...oot-found-in-modern-warfare-remastered-files/

Is it a great year for Call of Dooty? Well i think this face currently expresses how i feel about the franchise for this year:

UE41Rj1.jpg

ACTIVISION. DO NOT DO IT! DON'T. Supply Drops and RNG acquisition of weapon variants or weapons that can't be obtained regularly should never be in Call of Duty 4. NO!! As much as I slam Modern Warfare Remastered for simply showing too much age, I do not ever want to see some pay 2 win schemes for COD4 Remastered. NO. PLS. DO NOT. We have had enough of P2W supply drop schemes from Advanced Warfare, BLOPS3, and Infinite Garden Warfare. If Supply Drops are to be in the game, at least COPY-PASTE overwatch's system of getting a supply crate for a level up WITH COSMETICS ONLY. Besides Activision, you have a partnership with Blizzard via Activion-Blizzard. Let the overwatch guys guide you on how to make a FAIR and DECENT Loot Crate system in a TRIPLE-H game.

Yep. I can get AANGry too you know! You guys get salty way too much when I'm supposed to be the avatar of ENDLESS RAGE!

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Got a sizable backlog of games I need to power through the campaigns of before Christmas, where I'll get even more campaigns to power through before Red Dead Redemption 2.

Back