• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen More than just shinies?

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
The idea of having Shadow and Metallic Pokémon is all right. They would have a 1/8192 chance of encountering them, just like the Shiny Pokémon.

Shadow Pokémon will be having Shadow moves, just like in Colosseum and XD; whereas the Metallic Pokémon will have immunity against status ailments, and maybe, just my idea, have a slight boost in their defenses (Defense and probably Special Defense too), since they do look as if they are made out of metal.

Not sure what to expect on X and Y, but encountering them would be great, I suppose.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I wouldn't really like that, feels like Pokemon wont be the same if that happens.

Pinta77

Maybe metallic pokemon could be slightly heavier/slower but with better defense.

I also like the idea of mutations/ slightly better forms, like spiny pichu for example.

Thirdly, and this is a long shot, but I always thought it would be cool if they made a game based off of the delta species card series. Like a game that revolves around the holon labs. Just throwing that out there incase nintendo reads this or something :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'd prefer if they left them as is. Shiny aren't really that special anymore. Adding more color pallet swaps would just cause people to do the bigger penis comparison. I know my friends did that to me a lot...course I floored them when we actually battled since I knew what I was doing somewhat.

Still, with things like Shadow, Metallic, and anything else, I'd expect stat changes to the Pokemon. That could potentially upset the balance the Pokemon had, like a Metallic Blazekin could lose Speed, but gain Attack and Defense, not to mention have special abilities due to its new body that would make it more broken than it already is.

And if they didn't, that would just be the most disappointing thing. I'd rather more practical additions than aesthetic changes. Especially since the Aesthetic add ins never really rank high on the fan's like list, like Super Contests and Musicals. Dressing up was just plain boring and gave a senseless collection addition that could only be viewed during contests.

The Seals from D/P/Pt was the only aesthetic thing I really liked, but they were removed due to improper filter issues with the lettered parts.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm glad a lot of you are interested in these alternate Pokemon! Metallic imo might be most likely given that it could keep the shapes and outlines of the Pokemon and just... make it different. I also like how people suggested crystal Pokemon (iirc?), because that'd definitely be an amazing thing to find. I mean ever since the crystal Onix episode I don't see why they can't just do that in the games. If we were to find those in the games I would love it a lot <3

(Also yes, Pokemon Crater :3)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I have to say I like this idea. Things in nature have genetic mutations and shinyness may be partially based on this itself, but I wouldnt mind seeing more along that line. Things that make them different than their normal counterparts. I like the shadow/metallic idea or maybe just making a mechanic where certain ones have a different appearance. I wouldnt mind an additional shiny pallet as well, perhaps making one rarer then the other or the same, it would be fun to run into more colors of a single Pokemon, but maybe make them rare again like they once were in some way.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I think I used to play a game along the lines of that except instead they had ancient, mystical and dark Pokemon. Essentially ancient Pokemon had a higher defense then usual, while mystical Pokemon had a higher evasion rate and dark Pokemon with stronger power. I like the idea of alternate shinies, that would be an interesting feature to see. :3

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't see what the point in adding something like this would be. Would it have any merit over just being another alternate appearance? If yes, I think it would be a cool idea depending on how it played out. If it's just another aesthetic difference, shinies are already enough in my opinion. Adding new versions of Pokémon just for the sake of aesthetics doesn't really seem to be a good reason to do something =/

Back