• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What Mega evolution so far is your...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
State your favorites and least favorites out of the revealed ones so far. And remember to give an explanation for your opinion, without being rude to others.

If you feel like discussing more in-depth about this feature in the new generation of pokémon, go to this thread instead! This is just for picking favorites or least favorites.

I'll try to list them in the post here rather than make a poll (since there might be more soon and I don't feel like editing a poll).​

6pk9Pca.jpg

160px-003Venusaur-Mega.png
160px-006Charizard-Mega.png
160px-009Blastoise-Mega.png
160px-181Ampharos-Mega.png
160px-257Blaziken-Mega.png

160px-303Mawile-Mega.png
160px-359Absol-Mega.png
160px-448Lucario-Mega.png

1380716715-mega-charizard-x-official-art.png

tumblr_inline_mt2xmyKlRY1ru5ffx.png

Last edited:
Years
It's easily Mawile for me. They got what I think is a perfect blend of Making-It-Look-New and Not-Overdoing-It. For comparison, Lucario is way too much and Charizard is too much the same as it was. Plus I dig the three-color palette they used.

blue

gucci
Years
Tough choice, torn between Mawile & Blastoise. I think due to it having the most change from it's previous evolution I'm going to go with Mawile, it was already one of my favorites but it just looks that much more awesome now.

Ayselipera

Really the only two I'm looking forward to are Mawile's and Absol's. I think they're the only two that look decent enough and were in need of some sort of evolution, upgrade, whatever etc. Although at the same time I'm kind of disappointed, mainly for Mawile because it's one of my favorite Pokemon and yes it desperately needed an evolution, but instead it got an evolution that it can only be in battle. Which sucks since I think it's mega evolution looks great, but whatever at least it got something honestly.

I never use legendaries so I could care less about Mewtwo's mega evolution. It looks okay to me though. Nothing too crazy about it really.

The mega evolutions for the Kanto starters and for Ampharos are okay. Although Ampharos does look a little silly. The only one I'd want to use is Venusaur since it's my favorite starter, but I'm not that crazy about it!!!

Anyway my least favorites are Lucario, Blaziken, and I don't even really know what to make of Kangaskhan lol. I've never liked Lucario to begin with and the new mega evolution I think only made it worse for me. As for Blaziken I just don't see the "coolness" I guess. Idk it's sad because I really love Blaziken as is anyway. :(

Anyway my condensed version of favorites to least...
- Mawile
- Absol
- Venusaur
- Charizard
- Ampharos
- Blastoise
- Blaziken
- Lucario

-Mewtwo & Kangaskhan I don't really care about at all.

Sirfetch’d

My favorite so far is probably Mega Blaziken. I am such a huge fan of Blaziken as it already is and the mega evolution that it received is absolutely amazing. It just looks so badass and the way the flames flow with the wind is astounding. I cannot wait to use this Pokemon.

I don't really have a least favorite because I like them all so much, but if I had to pick one I'd say Lucario because his design might be a little overboard but other than that I love them all <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Honestly? Probably Ampharos, but probably for reasons to do with nostalgia than anything else. I was a big fan of it when playing through Gen II, but it sort of fell out of favour when quicker, stronger Electric types came along in future games. But this Mega Evolution (and the very 80s hairstyle it's rocking!) it has should give it some edge, especially with the new typing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
My favorite is MegaBlaziken. I loved using Blaziken in the Hoenn games, but I always had qualms about its looks... Those are gone with this form. MegaBlaziken looks amazing, it looks as it should have looked from the beginning in order to be a truly cool pokémon.

Other than that, I appreciate what they did with MegaMawile :) It looks great imo. Not too overdone, and certainly not as puny as regular Mawile kind of does. Also MegaAbsol has wings! That is so nice, finally Absol gets an upgrade.

My least favorites are Venusaur and... Yeah. Venusaur. It just looks silly :( I usually like Venusaur and that whole line. But the little flower in the forehead? The slightly taller tree and li'l vines? They could have done so much more, like letting it grow together with the plant more or make the flower spread out or some cool leaves or make Venusaur get up on its hind legs upon evolution or something. This was so disappointing for me. I guess it's good that some people seem to like it though.

next, give us MegaWeavile and I'll fav it even more than I do :D

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Flippin' Mega Blastoise! That thing is awesome! Charizard looks really cool, too, but I think they could've done better with Venusaur.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
God dang I knew they'd do Charizard next. That being said, it looks pretty sick so I'm gonna have to go with Charizard. Concept-wise, I think Kanghaskan's joey thing being able to battle is pretty awesome as well.

Years
Right now, my favorite two mega evolutions are Mega Absol and Mega Kangaskhan. I started using Absol quite a bit in both HeartGold and White 2, and was always disappointed that it didn't get an evolution. Granted, normal and mega evolutions are two different things, but I'm glad to see it wasn't forgot about in all of this.

As for Mega Kangaskhan, I think I'm more excited than anything that its baby finally does something other than just sit there (in fact, it gives us a whole extra attack). That being said, I don't know if it's quite Mega compared to the other thus far, but rather Kangaskhan and old enough to finally battle Kangaskhan. I'll take it, though.

NOW WHERE'S MY MEGAMEGANIUM AND MEGAYANMEGA?!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mega Mawile is my favorite. I used to have this Pokémon on my team in Pokémon Ruby, and was usually the first one to be sent out. I've always wanted this Pokémon to have an evolution, and imagined it to look something like this when it evolved. Charizard's also got a quite nice-looking MegaEvolution. Every time I see it, I'm immediately fooled into thinking that it's a dragon-type Pokémon.

Lucario's MegaEvolution has gotta be my least favorite. To me, it looks as if Lucario and Weavile were fused together. Haha.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Right now, my favourite is probably Mega Blaziken because I always had a soft spot for the Torchic line.

That said, none of the designs are striking me as particularly amazing. There's too much flair being added to them. Ampharos has been turned into a laughing stock... Mawile is my favourite in terms of design though - it's got an even more badass thing to it now :)

My least favorites are Venusaur and... Yeah. Venusaur. It just looks silly :( I usually like Venusaur and that whole line. But the little flower in the forehead? The slightly taller tree and li'l vines? They could have done so much more, like letting it grow together with the plant more or make the flower spread out or some cool leaves or make Venusaur get up on its hind legs upon evolution or something. This was so disappointing for me. I guess it's good that some people seem to like it though.

Just in general, I thought the mega evos for Kanto were pretty lackluster and uninspired. Charizard's mega looks like the secret lovechild of Grovyle and Charizard. And def. agree: Venusaur was practically the same....

As for Mega Kangaskhan, I think I'm more excited than anything that its baby finally does something other than just sit there (in fact, it gives us a whole extra attack). That being said, I don't know if it's quite Mega compared to the other thus far, but rather Kangaskhan and old enough to finally battle Kangaskhan. I'll take it, though.

Kangaskhan's is pretty cool too, but I just don't see it being used in my game :P I don't really rock the normal types much....

Years
Blaziken, Charizard, Mawile, Absol eeee. I am in love with these guys! Never liked Charizard before but his mega form is whoa.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Blastoise has my second favorite mega evolution. The first time I saw it, it reminded me of Rai's mech from Super Robot Taisen. Absol is first for me, since he's my favorite Pokemon.

I'm a little disappointed in Kangaskhan, though. It literally just took its baby out of its pouch.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
My favorite would probably be Mega Absol, mainly because I've loved Absol right from the start. Mega Mawile is a close second, and imo Mega Kangaskhan would've probably been in my top three but like Calamitastrophe said:

I'm a little disappointed in Kangaskhan, though. It literally just took its baby out of its pouch.

I do like the fact that the joey can actually battle, though!

Years
My favorite is the Mega Blastoise, but what I really want to see is a mega Tyrannitar, it could be burlier, possibly have wings, or make it's head frill a bit more regal looking. It would look awesome, and be pretty OP!

Back