• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
i do have a clean rom, i had no problem using the version 4 patch but now using the version 5 patch this happens.......and i didn't patch it over the version 4 patch either, i patched it over a clean firered version........

and just then i tried starting a new game, i opened up the menu and see nothing, this is weird......

and wat do i do with the X patch? Do u guys have any problems with it? Did u patch it over a clean version or patch it over the version 5 one like an update? Cuz i tried both and only the X patch gives me the problem with the lvl 50 mobs at Route 27 i think, the bit just after u fight Amelia and get out the jhoto fall cave.......cuz normally the mobs there should be lvl 35, not the wild ones but the ones from the trainers........this doesn't happen if i just use the Version5 patch tho, but if i use the X patch, either overpatch version 5 or patched it on a clean version of firered, the same problem occurs.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
I was just about to give up on ShinyGold because I couldn't use cut with all my pokemon stolen, until I discovered the solution by accident! I won't tell you how to solve the problem, unless you ask, because it's not my job. Still, it's good what you've done, Zel!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
meh for those that are having problems with the team rocket encounter in the safari zone this is what you do.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Hey Zel. I just wanted t let you know that, after you beat the mahogany gym, and you exit it, if you fly away without taking a further step (like I did) you won't get the pokebeeper message from Prof. Elm about Team Rocket. It took me a while to work out why the Rockets weren't in Goldenrod, so I flew back to mahogany and stepped on the relevant tile. I'm guessing you can't sort this, but you should let people know about it in the first post in case they ask why the Rockets aren't in goldenrod after getting the 7th badge

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Hey Zel. I just wanted t let you know that, after you beat the mahogany gym, and you exit it, if you fly away without taking a further step (like I did) you won't get the pokebeeper message from Prof. Elm about Team Rocket. It took me a while to work out why the Rockets weren't in Goldenrod, so I flew back to mahogany and stepped on the relevant tile. I'm guessing you can't sort this, but you should let people know about it in the first post in case they ask why the Rockets aren't in goldenrod after getting the 7th badge

This bug is known, and this problem also happens in Olivine and Cianwood. Zel said that he's not going to fix it until he starts working on level scripts for all the events like these (such as the master ball call, the various events in Kanto, etc.). Wait until he posts the bug list before submitting any, please.

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Why is page 55 deleted?There were posts in there..

Anw.Can someone help me pls.The game can't save even when i change the save type to flash 128K.It says "save error,please exchange the backup memory".Pls tell me what to do because when i win the E4 the game restarts because it doesn't save
Thx!

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
hey guys

I used no$gba as it runs at 400% (can't stand VBA, i just can't seem to throttle up)

The new beta will not allow me to open up the options part, were u can save, pick pokemon etc etc. It will just say no$gba - fatal. Rom - image has crashed :S
However it does seem to work on VBA

any ideas?

btw fantastic hack zel.

747Jason747

Electivire Fan
Years
Why is page 55 deleted?There were posts in there..

Anw.Can someone help me pls.The game can't save even when i change the save type to flash 128K.It says "save error,please exchange the backup memory".Pls tell me what to do because when i win the E4 the game restarts because it doesn't save
Thx!
When I begin a New Game i always Check at the beginning if it can save.You have to Start over if you want to Save :(

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
hey guys

I used no$gba as it runs at 400% (can't stand VBA, i just can't seem to throttle up)

The new beta will not allow me to open up the options part, were u can save, pick pokemon etc etc. It will just say no$gba - fatal. Rom - image has crashed :S
However it does seem to work on VBA

any ideas?

btw fantastic hack zel.

Summary:
Doesn't work in no$gba
Works in VBA
What do I do?
Answer: use VBA (and logic) ^_^. If it runs too fast, change some video options,

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
i was aware of that, however beta 4 worked perfectly for me

My problem for VBA is that its toooo slow

When i use a button for speed it just becomes jumpy :S

I'm not knowledgable about any of the settings in vba and on how to improve the general speed.

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
When I begin a New Game i always Check at the beginning if it can save.You have to Start over if you want to Save :(

Are you serious?? :S:S Everytime i was downloading the new beta it was always saying the same thing,but i never went to E4 to have this problem.What is the backup memory?? And why is there a problem with that?

747Jason747

Electivire Fan
Years
Hi Guys this a Suggestion how about we start a Shiny gold trading Tread or something Cause on this program Hamachi u can trade or battle over the net,me and my Friends used it to battle and Trade on FR and LF on our Computers we live a couple of Kilometers away from each other.I wonder if u Can use it for Shiny gold?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
what are bad eggs cause i found 2 in my computer

Incidentally, I had the same exact problem (two bad eggs in box 6) and I never used any gameshark code. Do you have any idea of when you first spotted them? Because it may be caused by a script...

About clamperl, I evolved it the two possible ways without problem. I think that was a fake report or a rom problem (or maybe he tried using a water stone or something).

And about the Ping thing, it's easy to see who they are: the only two male sages on Morty's gym.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
When your in jasmines gym (after youve got the secret potion for ampharos) carlos talks to you and says youve already got 5 badges when youve only got 4

Because I always assume that you've gotten the badges till Ecruteak AND the badge at Cianwood (5 badges), but, well, you can mess up my calculations pretty easily, as you could not battle Chuck before Jasmine. Or you could even go to Mahogany and then battle Chuck, and that way you'd gotten 6 instead of 5... Sigh... Continuity problems are really troublesome, as it involves people doing stuff I wouldn't do... :P

Excellent work. I'm just wondering how you plan to include all the other legendaries.

With events, of course. But it's still a bit early to talk about them. Just know that in B6 there'll be 4 more legendaries (one is Lugia, obviously)

I wasn't reporting it because I thought I had read about it somewhere I was just wondering how to fix it thats all and obviously I have to come from the west route right?

When you come from the north or the west there are some tiles with scripts to remove Amelia's sprite. However, again, I forgot that you could take the long way and come from Fuchsia and, in the south there are no scripts to remove her sprite... Who'd take that way? XD

Hi Guys this a Suggestion how about we start a Shiny gold trading Tread or something Cause on this program Hamachi u can trade or battle over the net,me and my Friends used it to battle and Trade on FR and LF on our Computers we live a couple of Kilometers away from each other.I wonder if u Can use it for Shiny gold?

I guess that, since SG is a FR hack, anything would be able to work on it... But just do your thread opening if you want and talk about that there, not here.

And that's what I had. Went has taken care of the rest :D
So now I can dedicate to my PMs

Years
With events, of course. But it's still a bit early to talk about them. Just know that in B6 there'll be 4 more legendaries (one is Lugia, obviously)

You think you might be able to say some other names? It coult be like you woult be giving a name out evey update? Nahh, Then you coult only make 3 updates more:( But then coult you not just tell about the coolest legend?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
@ Dio
You have to change the save type on the emulator to 128 Flash. Atleast I think you do. =P

@[email protected]
They might be from a gameshark or cheat device you might of used. Or maybe they just showed up. Whatever they are they're bad.

EDIT: Oh man. I didn't check for a second page. xD
Sorry everyone. Carry on around my idiocy. xP

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Shiny Gold on cartridge

You all probably know that Shiny Gold is available on cartridge. On my holidays to Spain I went to a market in a busy town only to find copies of Shiny Gold and several other games been sold for £25 / $40. I am fluent In spanish so I got talking to one of store owners and he said that he had download from this very website! Since I knew it was a fake he let me have it for free! It came in a professionally designed box and a instruction book that matches the quality of real pokemon games. Proper labels were even attached to the cartridges.

Anyways, I looked at the screenshots and I knew instantly I was Beta 2 because there was frequent screenshots at every part of the game until the Olive City where the book ends. If you can get to Olive can you advance east from Ecruteak City to Route 42 and Mahogany Town.

With anyone who is having problems saving on their Shiny Gold cartridges you can either wash the connectors in alcohol or it requiring replacing components which is much more advanced.

Ice Lightning

Ya realy like that alien movie
Years
Hello there :),

I'm making a hack of firered aswell, and I must say this is an awesome hack! And one of the things I most liked was the tilesets, were did you get them? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Back