• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate and improve my battle team!

AQUILINUS

Life, so insignificant
Years
My battle team:

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
4Hp/252Atk/252Speed
Pressure
Jolly
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
My lead

Azumarill@Leftovers
252Hp/240Atk/16Spe
Huge Power
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Waterfall
My sub-puncher

Snorlax@Leftovers
168Hp/120Def/220SpecialDef
Thick Fat
Careful
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Firepunch
-Return
My tank-curser(I guess...)

Rotom-S@Choice Specs
4Hp/252Speed/252SpAtk
Levitate
Modest
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
Special sweeper?

Scizor@Choice Band
248Hp/252Atk/10Speed
Technician
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
-U-turn
Physical Sweeper?

Blissey@Leftovers
252Def/4Speed/252SpecialDef
Natural Cure
Bold
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
Wall?

Last edited:

trainer4life

Hardcore Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 28, 2010
Your team looks goodm on paper. But when it comes to battling you really dot have clearly defined roles for your team. It seems you have alot of attack and if thats what you going for great but you dnt really have alot of support and thats key in battle.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I don't have enough time for a good rate but some things i see right fast are: Shedinja is bad in OU (which you wil have to play because of Yanmega and Aero) because almost every team has a hippo or TTar or both and Shedinja dies in one hit from sandstorm. Also, aerodactyl is pretty bad as an attacker because it doesn't have good defenses, run aero as a lead with this set:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
252Atk/252spe/4 wherever
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
-Filler- (I reccomend something that is weak but fairly strong to break enemy sashes, and won't OHKO, like rock slide would be a good choice)

You have four pokemon with at least 2x damage from Ice-type attacks: Yanmega, Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Cradily. Shedinja is bad for the aformentioned reasons, and Azumaril is pretty decent, but if I were you, I would run the Sub-Punch set, because its probably the most damaging set.

Cradily is next to useless unless you have a sandstormer in your team because its slow and has bad SDef (hence Sandstorm), and its only real purpose is on stall teams. Yanmega isn't really useful anymore because its basically a bad Ninjask (even though Ninjask is bad itself, as a lead, its better than Yanmega) and you want a lead like Aerodactyl or something to be a suicide lead, set up rocks, break the sash, and just keep damaging the opponent until Aero dies.

If you want a curser on your team, I would suggest Umbreon (Psychic immunity nice, even though Psychic isn't that common) or Snorlax. Shuckle is bad because, its Shuckle. Its slow, it has super high defenses, but thats it. I suppose it makes a nice staller, but its really just awful in my opinion. Also, Double Team is a wasted slot, because most peopl battle with the Evasion Clause (prohibting moves like Double Team, Minimize) from working.

Also, Yanmega is also bad because it takes 50% damage from Stealth Rock which almost everyone ueses these days, so it goes by-bye, as does Shedinja. If you want a Ghost-type, replace Shedinja with Dusknior (not recommended) or Rotom-A, they are better at stalling and have a couple of immunities themselves, I would suggest Rotom-A because of its additional Ground-type immunity. Yanmega should just be scrapped.

For a Choice Band pokemon run Scizor because it has lots of resistances, solid defenses, and is weak to only Fire-types. This set is common:

Scizor @ Choice Band
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly Nature
Trait: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower/Brick Break (I usually run superpower but brick break has its uses)

Thats basically it. Replace Shuckle with any other defensive pokemon, I would suggest the basic Blissey set seen below:

Blissey @ Leftovers
252Def/4SpA/252SpD
Trait: Natural Cure (Helps to be a status absorber)
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Protect/Toxic/Flamethrower (last one is your call)

I'm assuming you want to keep most of your team as original as it is, so thats how I went about making my suggestions/tweaks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Yanmega is really fun to use, and it doesn't suck enough to be replaced immediately. :| I've used it tons before, and no one runs a sure check to it once it gets a Speed boost.

Follow gamer's suggestions, and I'll come back to help with threats, synergy, etc.

AQUILINUS

Life, so insignificant
Years
Thanks a lot for giving me guides on improving my team, I will post in the (hopefully improved) team for everyone to evaluate soon.
THANKS A LOT!!!!!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

1. No dumb text colors
2. Jolly Scizor.......:/
3. Yanmega is leading so SR is a non issue. Also i fail to see how its a bad Ninjask, seeing as it does a totally different thing.
4. I fail to see how base 107 s.def (Cradily) is bad.
5. Shuckle is not weak to ice.
5. Aero with no STAB move and EQ chosen over it lol, the Rock move really not a "filler". ~_~

Yeah most of that was right as in the context of it but some of that was really off.

As for the team, Azu wants Double Edge >> Ice Punch for better coverage.

Anyways yeah there alot of holes here and many threats you fail to cover well. Read out stickies and take note of the threats you need to account for i.e this. Honestly the top 20 used pokemon destroy this and little stop them.

That and Sash is damn terrible on non leads, as well as Shedinja who is just umm lol. And why the heck are you using special moves on it lol ?

Also id prolly read this too.

Last edited:

AQUILINUS

Life, so insignificant
Years
My (hopefully improved) team:

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
4Hp/252Atk/252Speed
Pressure
Jolly
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
My lead

Azumarill@Leftovers
252Hp/240Atk/16Spe
Huge Power
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Ice Punch
-Substitute
-Waterfall
My sub-puncher

Snorlax@Leftovers
Thick Fat
Careful
-Counter
-Curse
-Return
-Self-destruct
My tank-curser(I guess...)

Rotom(Normal form)@Choice Scarf
4Hp/252Speed/252SpAtk
Levitate
Modest
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Trick
Special sweeper?

Scizor@Choice Band
4Hp/252Atk/252Speed
Technician
Jolly
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
-U-turn
Physical Sweeper?

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Toxic
Wall?

Please help improve it in any way possible!^^

At least I won once with this team, heh heh...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
My (hopefully improved) team:

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
4Hp/252Atk/252Speed
Pressure
Jolly
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide / Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt

Good, I prefer SE for the power though.

Azumarill@Leftovers
252Hp/240Atk/16Spe
Huge Power
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Ice Punch / Aqua Jet / Encore / Toxic
-Substitute
-Waterfall

Aqua Jet for the priority, while Encore is cool if you want to use the opponent as set up fodder once it is locked in a move. Toxic is decent for walls. Otherwise, ok.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Thick Fat
Careful
-Fire Punch / Crunch / Earthquake
-Curse
-Return / Body Slam
-Rest

Err, Counter wouldn't work too great without recovery, and everything walls you with just one STAB. :\ So Fire Punch for Scizor and Steel-types, Crunch for Ghosts like Rotom-A and Gengar, while Earthquake hits Heatran and most Steels (that aren't immune like Skarm). Body Slam is an option for the paralyze rate. And lastly, Rest keeps Snorlax healthy which allows you to Curse more. You could use Counter, but honestly you need more coverage, and most of the time people will send in something that actually kills Snorlax fairly quick.

Rotom(Normal form)@Choice Scarf
4Hp/252Speed/252SpAtk
Levitate
Modest
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

Normal forme is "meh" in OU, so I would use the other formes or whatever you would like to replace this.

Scizor@Choice Band
248Hp/252Atk/12Speed
Technician
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
-U-turn

You don't need the Speed and you're mainly focused on priority, so Adamant > Jolly. 248 HP EVs instead of 252 because with 248 you take less from SR.

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Toxic

Get rid of one the two statuses so they don't conflict (but really that's your choice), and replace one with Flamethrower or Ice Beam. Flamethrower for Scizor, while Ice Beam for Mence, Flygon, etc switches.

Please help improve it in any way possible!^^

At least I won once with this team, heh heh...
Comments in bold ↑. Might come back to help with threats if I'm not busy with other things, etc.

AQUILINUS

Life, so insignificant
Years
Thanks for the tips and the improvements made to the team and I have a few questions in mind too:
-Wouldn't Rock Slide be preferable compared to Stone Edge for Aerodactyl 'cause it has more pp and more accuracy?
-Wouldn't it be better for Azumarill to have an ice attack?
-Snorlax resting would be vulnerable, would't it?
I hope you would take these question into consideration, thanks!

My updated battle team:

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
4Hp/252Atk/252Speed
Pressure
Jolly
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
My lead

Azumarill@Leftovers
252Hp/240Atk/16Spe
Huge Power
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Waterfall
My sub-puncher

Umbreon@Leftovers
252Hp/200Atk/56SpecialDef
Synchronize
Sassy
-Curse
-Payback
-Protect
-Wish
My tank-curser

Rotom-S@Choice Specs
4Hp/252Speed/252SpAtk
Levitate
Modest
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
Special sweeper?

Scizor@Choice Band
248Hp/252Atk/10Speed
Technician
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
-U-turn
Physical Sweeper?

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
Wall?

I had more victories than before, thanks to everyones' guidance!
THANK YOU!

Please improve my team in any way possible and can anyone tell me what my team's weaknesses are?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Thanks for the tips and the improvements made to the team and I have a few questions in mind too:
-Wouldn't Rock Slide be preferable compared to Stone Edge for Aerodactyl 'cause it has more pp and more accuracy?

Well, Stone Edge has more power, so sometimes you might want to hit as hard as you can before you die (since it is a suicide lead), but really it is preference.

-Wouldn't it be better for Azumarill to have an ice attack?

Focus Punch already hits Grass-types, BUT once you're Sub is down you won't be protected so that is why I suggested the other moves as side options. So you can keep Ice Punch.

-Snorlax resting would be vulnerable, would't it?

You can run Sleep Talk to fix that, but losing coverage really hurts. Selfdestruct can stay if you want, but I usually prefer Rest for the recovery and you can continue set up Curses. So basically, it depends on you.

I hope you would take these question into consideration, thanks!
Answered in bold, and btw you can just edit your first post with the team updated. :P

Back