• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is Generation V Going Too Fast?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Eh, not really, I quickly grew bored of B/W and frustrated at some of their shortcomings. I'm personally hoping these new games address some of those shortcomings while tying up loose ends (i.e., the fate of Ghetsis). Basically I've been holding out for some sort of closure to the rather open ended plot of the original.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
A bit fast, yeah.

But, I really can't complain. It looks like they're doing some pretty cool stuff with B2/W2. :cer_boogie:

I remember when we were all going crazy over this:
zoroarksilhouette.png

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It's not that it was going really fast, like as you said, it's already been a year and a half, but it really feels fast now because we just got so much, in so little time. In a matter of hours we got sequels and an event Pokémon. What makes it feel faster I guess is that the overseas gap is a lot shorter, being only a few months, rather than half a year. Once we hit the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, it will slow down a lot for a couple of months. Then we'll get a drizzle of Gen VI before it being released.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I think the reason they are beginning to speed up with this generation is so they can finish up on the DS and move onto the 3DS IMO. I dont think Gamefreak will want to continue releasing their main games on the DS for much longer when other companies and popular games have already moved to the 3DS last year.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
This gen imo seemed fast to me from beginning, looking how quickly anime flows. And now we have seen what they did last Sunday - revealed so many things at the same time: new forms, game titles and logos, surprisingly quick release date, final movie poster with two event Pokemon at the same time... Also outside Japan release is already confirmed.
Something like this never happened before and it's sign new big game might be coming for 3DS in 2013, making 5 gen last only 3 years.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
This gen imo seemed fast to me from beginning, looking how quickly anime flows. And now we have seen what they did last Sunday - revealed so many things at the same time: new forms, game titles and logos, surprisingly quick release date, final movie poster with two event Pokemon at the same time... Also outside Japan release is already confirmed.
Something like this never happened before and it's sign new big game might be coming for 3DS in 2013, making 5 gen last only 3 years.

Exactly‼
It's mind-blowing!

Gen V is definitely the start of a new era of Pokémon. Not sure if I like it, but we don't know what it's going to be quite yet.

Need proof that Gen V is quickly manipulating Pokémon?
  • Brock
  • Misty

It's not that it was going really fast, like as you said, it's already been a year and a half, but it really feels fast now because we just got so much, in so little time. In a matter of hours we got sequels and an event Pokémon. What makes it feel faster I guess is that the overseas gap is a lot shorter, being only a few months, rather than half a year. Once we hit the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, it will slow down a lot for a couple of months. Then we'll get a drizzle of Gen VI before it being released.

Yeah, that is true.
It's normally just a little bit at a time, like we're getting one small piece of cake at a time.
Now....
boy-birthday-cake.gif

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No,but it feels a little faster cause the last year went by pretty quickly. It's not even been a year since B/W' English versions came out ,but by the time BW2 are released in English, the Japanese version of BW will be 2 years old. I think that Gamefreak will strench this generation out with some spin-offs. Hopefully Nobunaga's Ambition get English releases and they make some sort of Mystery Dungeon or Ranger sequel. As for the anime, they will probably come up with a new arc after the Unova League or a bunch of filler inbetweem Ash's 7th and 8th badges.

The generation will ended with either an actual third version or a RS remake.

Years
I'll keep my thoughts on the anime to myself for now, until a find a place in the Anime section to post them.

But as for the games...well. It depends, I guess- the Japanese version of B/W are almost two years old, so thinking about it that way, it doesn't seem like it's moving too fast. But yeah, they might be trying to get through this generation so they can move on to the 3DS. Maybe with the next set of games they'll make one for the DS and one for the 3DS, I dunno.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
No, gen 3 was even faster than this Gen, they announced FR/LG in september 2003.
But sure Gen V is a new era of Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
All of the BW series is out by the end of this year, so what's in 2013? they have another whole year until 2014 when Gen VI comes out I'd assume unless they plan to bring it back to 2013 then the whole generations are starting to be rushed. I think RS remakes will take up most of 2013 but still, it's going quick IMO.

Ocarina of Time - OOT

The Hero of Time, and more...
Years
I think gen v is going to fast. I mean, I the other generations, the third game would come out a lot later. Also, the localasation for B2W2 is much shorter than any other game ever. Though, this means we get the RS remakes faster!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Personally I think I'm liking the direction that Generation V is taking. There's no such thing as too fast for me when it comes to the games themselves. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well generation III lasted 3 years if I remember correctly while this generation is half of that... and Gen II lasted like 2 years... gen 4 lasted 4 years (Huh each except for 1 lasted as long as their generational number...) so this is about a little faster than the average of 3 years but who knows this is a reboot they might stretch it out with more sequels or a Hoenn and FrLg remake...that would make it last 4.5 years...

blue

gucci
Years
Well over a 5 year period they could easily pull out a FRLG & RS remake, I doubt it but its likely now looking at that pattern you brought up.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Well generation III lasted 3 years if I remember correctly while this generation is half of that... and Gen II lasted like 2 years...

That's wrong, gen II lasted 3 years, gen III lasted 4 years.

Anyway, they can't delay too long with releasing main game for 3DS. They seem like they don't want to split gen V between two consoles, so gen V should be imo ended in about 3 years to release next gen game for 3DS in next year.
I think that new 3DS game shouldn't feature new Pokemon, there are enough of them. There should be new huge region (huge enough to make use of 3DS' cartridge's memory) with all gens' Pokemon available to meet from the start of the game.

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years
It's possible, if B2/W2 are true sequels, that Game Freak is going a new route by working on one large project then releasing them in series...
On a side note. I myself have wondered if they still were going to make a Pokemon Grey and it be the third installment in the series...

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
In the event that B2/W2 are sequels, there's still the possibility of a third version for one of the pairs being released in, say, March 2013, and then a set of remakes in September 2013.

Back