• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh 112's Mystery gift system

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Quick Question= A, do I have to use pokessentials?
B, if I upload this to a website, won't people then be able to access the txt documents?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
B, if I upload this to a website, won't people then be able to access the txt documents?

I haven't used this script, but I know the answers to your questions.
1. Yes, you have to use Essentials.
The script was written in the RGSS language, and I don't think there is any way to convert it to any other scripting language with out rewriting the whole thing.
2. Probably, if they know where to look.
For example, if the URL to your text document was http://mygame.net/Gift.txt
the person could find your text document by typing in that address.
You can make it difficult, by not linking to it anywhere accept in your script.
btw, hi!
Haven't seen you in a while.
Don't guess you'd remember me though.
We planned out my hack a little.
That was before I realized the beauty of RPG Maker XP.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014

1. Yes

2. yes BUT they can't change the gift only view it so if that's what you mean if they can change it then no if you mean view yes. (although what Aaron said is correct only place it in my script if you don't want anyone to view it.)

@Aaron, this is possible to convert but you'll need to convert the socket's script too....

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
I haven't used this script, but I know the answers to your questions.
1. Yes, you have to use Essentials.
The script was written in the RGSS language, and I don't think there is any way to convert it to any other scripting language with out rewriting the whole thing.
2. Probably, if they know where to look.
For example, if the URL to your text document was http://mygame.net/Gift.txt
the person could find your text document by typing in that address.
You can make it difficult, by not linking to it anywhere accept in your script.
btw, hi!
Haven't seen you in a while.
Don't guess you'd remember me though.
We planned out my hack a little.
That was before I realized the beauty of RPG Maker XP.

Ah. An yes I remember you! Is Pokemon Amethyst lost or is it now being made in RMXP? And Ho-oh, is it possible that you could try to bring this outta pokessentialls? I ain't using it for my game, and it's gonna be a pain if I have to use it.... =/

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Ah. An yes I remember you! Is Pokemon Amethyst lost or is it now being made in RMXP? And Ho-oh, is it possible that you could try to bring this outta pokessentialls? I ain't using it for my game, and it's gonna be a pain if I have to use it.... =/

depends what language do you want it in?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2012
lol ho-oh just finish (or start?)this one first before you get to work on a new/different version.
thanx

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
lol ho-oh just finish (or start?)this one first before you get to work on a new/different version.
thanx

this is finished is finished as of now...

uh... doesn't rpg maker XP still run off RGSS? If so, could I get it in that with no extra things attached plz?

RGSS? This is RGSS, except it runs with essentials if you want it for a different kit you'll have to give me the link of it.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
OK... What I want is this script still in RGSS but not being dependent on essentials. Just normal RMXP scripts.... Is that ok and/or possible?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
OK... What I want is this script still in RGSS but not being dependent on essentials. Just normal RMXP scripts.... Is that ok and/or possible?

Yeah you need the sockets script from essentials if you want the downloading functions in different games.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Ahh. Is the socket script just, like, able to be taken from essentials and plunk it into a new project, brand new?

Years
hello, the script works but I have another problem:
When you get the gift, is available, no?
The problem is that the event is repeated many times allowing to obtain the same gift
Can you help me?

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
hello, the script works but I have another problem:
When you get the gift, is available, no?
The problem is that the event is repeated many times allowing to obtain the same gift
Can you help me?

Ok. there are a few ways to do this, depending what you're doing.
If:
a) There is only one event where you may receive the gift AND you have 4 or less gifts.

With your current mystery gift event, simply put in multiple conditional branches, all of which check self switches.
After the check goes by. make sure that if selfswitch a is on, check b and so on.
if selfswitch a in not turned on, then make it do the mystery gift thing and then turn selfswitch a on. Do this with the others again.

B) There are more places with events that can give you mystery gifts OR you have more than 4 gifts.
Simply do the above but use normal switches instead of selfswitches.

Hope it helps!

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Ok. there are a few ways to do this, depending what you're doing.
If:
a) There is only one event where you may receive the gift AND you have 4 or less gifts.

With your current mystery gift event, simply put in multiple conditional branches, all of which check self switches.
After the check goes by. make sure that if selfswitch a is on, check b and so on.
if selfswitch a in not turned on, then make it do the mystery gift thing and then turn selfswitch a on. Do this with the others again.

B) There are more places with events that can give you mystery gifts OR you have more than 4 gifts.
Simply do the above but use normal switches instead of selfswitches.

Hope it helps!

Well I'll get to adding self switch support/titlescreen support when I'm finished with my trade/H-Mode scripts alright.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Out of curiosity ho-oh, does this script feature support for multiple mystery gifts at once?

Mystery Gift is a feature that charge between generations, so put more descriptions that you system do in the topic. After a look I realized that this script can make the player to receive an egg/item/pokémon. Anyway, good script.
Idea: Maybe you can put a variable to be compared in the txt for each entry before give the pokémon.
Example: Player can only get one level 20 pokémon after this variable be 8 or greater, thing that occurs when the player reach at the sixth city, for other in the level 30 this variable need to be 13, and so on.
If someone don't like to use this feature, just made this optional making by default to this variable being -1 and all pokémon this line entry being 0, making the game to ignore when this variable is negative.

A Note to developers: It's no good to give a Victini lv5 at start of the game, so use this system moderately. maybe unlock after some game progress.
A note to Gamefreak: Being able to receive a lvl 100 reshiram after the first gym is not a good idea....... =/

This doesn't seem to be working for me ho-oh.... I'm using latest release of essentials, just can't actually seem to get the gift. Talked to the dude that has the event script but I don't receive anything. Nothing shows up.... It's odd....

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
well I'll try what you said,
other questions:
You can make the text that is downloaded is put into a specific folder?
and if so how?

Yes where it says "Gift.txt" put "FolderHere/Gift.txt"

Back