• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do the writers know that if Ash doesn't win the Unova league they're actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
Revealing that there is a 6th generation? Because there is a mini-arc saga after the league probably, so it means that he next league is in the 6th generation?

And the league is quite close, after he has already 6 badges...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm not sure exactly what you mean since the title and topic aren't exactly clear. They can reveal the next generation whether he wins the Unova league or not. And if anyone knows the meaning behind something and what it's going to mean for the fans then it is definitely the writers. They revealed pokemon in anime prior to leagues of future gens i.e. Togepi and Kecleon so I don't see why winning or losing the league has any bearing on what the pokemon co. as a whole decides to reveal.

Just because he got his sixth badge like a month ago doesn't mean he is anywhere near the league. They can easily do fillers, Don tours and so on. If you remember it took a considerable amount of time from Candice to Volkner, so I would assume at this point we are close to the league, maybe we are maybe were aren't. All we know is that we are at Twist Mountain and we are waiting for Tepig to evolve into Pignite.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not sure exactly what you mean since the title and topic aren't exactly clear. They can reveal the next generation whether he wins the Unova league or not. And if anyone knows the meaning behind something and what it's going to mean for the fans then it is definitely the writers. They revealed pokemon in anime prior to leagues of future gens i.e. Togepi and Kecleon so I don't see why winning or losing the league has any bearing on what the pokemon co. as a whole decides to reveal.

Just because he got his sixth badge like a month ago doesn't mean he is anywhere near the league. They can easily do fillers, Don tours and so on. If you remember it took a considerable amount of time from Candice to Volkner, so I would assume at this point we are close to the league, maybe we are maybe were aren't. All we know is that we are at Twist Mountain and we are waiting for Tepig to evolve into Pignite.

And Swaddloon into Leavanny.

They are using Don George a lot more, and they still haven't tried to tie Team Plasma back in yet. So there are still parts of the story that haven't been released yet. Plasma is less likely to happen due to their important debut was cancelled.

Guest123_x1

I'm pretty sure a 6th Generation will come out sooner or later, regardless of whether or not Ash wins the Unova League, like Kenshin said. Signs that a new generation is about to be created usually include new Pokémon that were not introduced during the current generation.

As for Ash winning the League, that's a big IF. It's very unlikely, considering he was completely reset when he started his journey through Unova. At this point, it could take another year from now before Ash finally gets to enter the Unova League.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
And Swaddloon into Leavanny.

They are using Don George a lot more, and they still haven't tried to tie Team Plasma back in yet. So there are still parts of the story that haven't been released yet. Plasma is less likely to happen due to their important debut was cancelled.
Not really waiting for the Swadloon since we know it is going to evolve next week.

Don George tournaments seem to be the flavor of Unova and the replacement of former Contests. So I think we can expect around 2-3 more before the league, if not at least one and that will take probably a month anyways since the Don Tours comprise about 4 episodes. Plasma is up in the air for me until we see some signs, which they should have did with the Black Hero episode imo. So Plasma doesn't seem like it will really have much significance if any which is really said since it seems like they were going to have some promise.

I'm pretty sure a 6th Generation will come out sooner or later, regardless of whether or not Ash wins the Unova League, like Kenshin said. Signs that a new generation is about to be created usually include new Pokémon that were not introduced during the current generation.

As for Ash winning the League, that's a big IF. It's very unlikely, considering he was completely reset when he started his journey through Unova. At this point, it could take another year from now before Ash finally gets to enter the Unova League.
Yeah so if we see even a hint either here or the games like XD then that is more of an indicator. Although obviously we saw Blaziken in the league, so that's a double indicator. Yeah I thought this best shot from a maturation as a trainer stand point was in Sinnoh and he still failed to achieve victory, thanks in no part to Trollbias.

Even if he does win the league it doesn't really change anything for me in terms of were will be be at in terms of pacing that determines if the gen is close to being up or not. They could easily do a Champions League like mentioned in Unova. Or some post-main arc journey like with Orange Islands and Frontier. It would seem pokemon has there generations in a usual 4 year between gens so I'd expect the next one in Japan around 2013 or 2014 pending on how fan this generation is. Like Otter Mii-kun said I could expect we will be in Unova for at least another year.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Did you forget that they had like 50 episodes between the 7th and 8th badge in Diamond and Pearl? Also we still don't know yet if B2/W2 will feature new regions or areas that Ash and co will travel to.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
It seems people here are not updated. The writers said that the best wishes saga will be shorter, so the league should occur very soon. He got 6 badges in 70 episodes, even faster than Hoenn(6 badges in 85 eps), and in AG the league was in 127-132.
As for league, he won't win the league. He can't even win little tournaments like the don clubs, with only 16 compitetors.

As for the 6th gen, think a minute. If he won't win the league, that'll mean there is another league. And another league won't be in the BW saga, so-- it will actually reveal that there is another generation, because he HAS to win someday a league.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It seems people here are not updated. The writers said that the best wishes saga will be shorter, so the league should occur very soon. He got 6 badges in 70 episodes, even faster than Hoenn(6 badges in 85 eps), and in AG the league was in 127-132.
As for league, he won't win the league. He can't even win little tournaments like the don clubs, with only 16 compitetors.

As for the 6th gen, think a minute. If he won't win the league, that'll mean there is another league. And another league won't be in the BW saga, so-- it will actually reveal that there is another generation, because he HAS to win someday a league.
Short then what? Just about anything can be shorter then the Sinnoh Saga. So Unova could easily last one more year and still be short. Don Tournaments shouldn't really play a role on if he wins or if he doesn't. Has Trip won one? No and the fact is Ash has advanced farther in the tournaments then he has.

No, that doesn't mean anything, whether he wins or not they can easily have a post main arc. Another league i.e. Orange Islands and Battle Frontier were separate entities. Even though they were in the same generations such as Original and Advance. If he wins or loses it can just as easily be a Orange Islands or Battle Frontier type like in the past. So I don't know why you assume they will jump right to the 6th Generation.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
Short then what? Just about anything can be shorter then the Sinnoh Saga. So Unova could easily last one more year and still be short. Don Tournaments shouldn't really play a role on if he wins or if he doesn't. Has Trip won one? No and the fact is Ash has advanced farther in the tournaments then he has.

No, that doesn't mean anything, whether he wins or not they can easily have a post main arc. Another league i.e. Orange Islands and Battle Frontier were separate entities. Even though they were in the same generations such as Original and Advance. If he wins or loses it can just as easily be a Orange Islands or Battle Frontier type like in the past. So I don't know why you assume they will jump right to the 6th Generation.
You didn't get my point here, I didn't say they would jump right to the 6th generation. After the league, if he will lose, they will have a mini-arc, like you said, BF or something else. But what after that? A new generation, right? Because he wouldn't win a league till then.

So that's what I'm saying- if he loses the Unova league, it will actually be a confirmation that there is another generation(even without showing a 6th gen pokemon), because the BW saga won't include another league, and therefore, the next league will be in the 6th generation.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Again rather he wins the league or not they will jump into a mini arc until the next generation, pending the time is there which hinges on the pacing. That's what I was implying the whole time... If can slow down the pacing if they so desire, but it doesn't seem like they will.

No it does not, win or lose it doesn't make a differences a new generation will happen regardless of what the outcome; when ever the franchise desires it and thinks its time. Just because the pace usually hints us to when a new generation occurs doesn't mean it plays a determining factor. Anime could not exist and we will still get a 6th Generation. Also why wouldn't there be another league? Its been that way since the inception Indigo, Silver, Ever Grande, Lilly of the Valley.

Years
If Ash doesn't win the league -> There will be a 6th generation of Pokemon.
If Ash wins the league -> There will be be a 6th generation of Pokemon.

Y/Y?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
If Ash doesn't win the league -> There will be a 6th generation of Pokemon.
If Ash wins the league -> There will be be a 6th generation of Pokemon.

Y/Y?
No, it's not really true. When Ash will win a league, this will probably be in the last generation.
The 6th generation starts in Sep' 2014, and the league will happen much earlier, maybe even in 2012. It's 99% that he won't win the league, just so his journey will continue till then

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It's not true or false until we see it, which is why you said "probably".

The franchise doesn't revolve around Ash and Pikachu but they are part of the franchise and are tools for advertising their product. So if he wins it may be more telling that it is near the end of his journey not the end of the franchise as whole. They can always have another protagonist fill the role, they just haven't saw it fit to do so yet.

And as far as the franchise is going we should be in for more pokemon for years to come due to the high amount of sales of games and other merchandise.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I hate to burst your bubble, but by no stretch of the imagination is that true. The games are in no way tied to the anime. Also, need I remind you that this is Pokémon we're talking about? For all we know we'll have up to 20 generations!

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Did anyone actually doubt that they would make a 6th generation??

Guest123_x1

So if he wins it may be more telling that it is near the end of his journey not the end of the franchise as whole. They can always have another protagonist fill the role, they just haven't saw it fit to do so yet.
Many fans have been calling for Ash to be replaced by a different main character, saying that he has gotten boring, among other things.

For all we know we'll have up to 20 generations!
That might sound like a bit of a stretch, but that's entirely possible. Much like how the Scooby-Doo franchise has had several TV show incarnations throughout its long life (42+ years), the US version of Wheel of Fortune is still running in some form after 37 solid years (the first 16½ years on daytime network television, and the past 28 years in nighttime syndication, in which the syndicated run's first 8 years ran concurrently with the daytime version), and new Mario games continue to be released after 26+ years. Not to mention Jeopardy! having several incarnations since its original version went on the air 48 years ago (with the current US syndicated version running for the past 27 years.) Some media franchises just won't die.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Getting a new protag would be nice, then that would give the writers a reason to let ash win at last. Theres tons of things they could do before a new generation though, misadventures, new filler region, go back to an old one for a while....they will find some way to prolong the show until the day pokemon dies (Which I find unlikely to happen soon when it's a pure cash flow)

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2023
Have we forgot Ash's main goal since episode one? Personally I believe that if he wins or if he looses he'll continue towards becoming a Pokemon Master.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Well during the time Ash lost in the Kanto League, Johto wasn't revealed yet, so they created a mini-arc filler region called the Orange Islands for Ash to travel around until Johto >.<

This is probably what Ash would do after the Pokemon League, go to some other mini region like maybe even Orre, but who knows, it's up to the writers anyway.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
From what I can remember in Kanto/Orange Islands they used Togepi, Donphan and Marill to hint at a new region and generation. In Johto they had Harrison with Blaziken and Kecleon. May caught Munchlax, Brock got Bonsly and James got Mime Jr during the AG series. During the DP series they had the Zoruark movie to hint at the new region/generation. As long as they do so in Unova it will mean a new generation is on the cards.

Everyones main problem is that if Ash wins the league it may mean the end but for all we know he may win the league, realise he is now one of the best trainers around and may want to retry the Kanto League as that is where he started. Or try for Champion status....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back