• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2012
sorry I don't know where I can post it... do you know about mac tools for hacks
??

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
dude this is so nice .. cool program its cool its much easier to use it then paint ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Im new to this site and also to hacking of the pokemon games. All in one night ive attempted to change my Mewtwo into a black and red version of him, and a few different tools have managed to help me accomplish this in a rather..odd way. (Meaning the colors are off) BUT! About YAPE. I like it. The only problem im really having, and this may be stupid but....how do i get the pokemon i edit with this program? O.o Any help would be appreciated. And i realize this is a noob question. lol

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
I'm playing Light Platinum and when I load the ROM, it says "Error Loading ROM. Error Reading Base Stats." I also tried FireRed/Sienna. Does it not support FireRed and Ruby? If not, can you please fix it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm playing Light Platinum and when I load the ROM, it says "Error Loading ROM. Error Reading Base Stats." I also tried FireRed/Sienna. Does it not support FireRed and Ruby? If not, can you please fix it?

It already does support FR and Ruby, just not already modified ROMs such as hacks other people have made. YAPE does something to the data that can corrupt it, explaining LP, and as for Sienna, Manipulation "locked" the ROM from being edited by others. Basically, do not edit hacks with this tool, as the hackers made it how they wanted.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
All I want is to change Excadrill's ability. He can't have Sand Stream. He can only have Sand Force/Sand Rush/Mold Breaker...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
All I want is to change Excadrill's ability. He can't have Sand Stream. He can only have Sand Force/Sand Rush/Mold Breaker...

Judging by the ability now being Sand Stream, has it occurred to you that these abilities do not exist in 3rd generation at all?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013

Hum... Excadrill is a 5th Gen pokemon. This tool are for 3rd Gen games... :\

Also thanks to the author, if you are reading. It's my first step to make a personalized Pokemon rom :) And maybe, in the future, a vanilla hack? Who knows.

Beebeeson

A wild Beebeeson appeared!
Years
This might seem like a really dumb question but I haven't tested it and I just want to check before I try it. Basically, I've edited some of the Pokemon catch locations with Advancemap and I am wondering if I will be able to open the rom using YAPE? Will it matter that I've already tinkered with the rom or am I going to need to scrap my rom and start afresh with YAPE first?

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
This might seem like a really dumb question but I haven't tested it and I just want to check before I try it. Basically, I've edited some of the Pokemon catch locations with Advancemap and I am wondering if I will be able to open the rom using YAPE? Will it matter that I've already tinkered with the rom or am I going to need to scrap my rom and start afresh with YAPE first?

You can use your modified ROM, but just to be careful, make a backup.

Beebeeson

A wild Beebeeson appeared!
Years
You can use your modified ROM, but just to be careful, make a backup.

Ok, I just tried it on my rom edit and a fresh rom and it says 'Error loading rom, error loading base stats'. Not sure what that means. Are my roms corrupt?

[edit]
Nevermind, got a fresh rom and it loads fine. I'm gonna scrap my old rom anyway, no worries.

Last edited:
Back