• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

• Luxray

Votes: 92 64.3%
  • Raichu

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Electivire

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I used Luxray as it was available very early in the game, and it proved to be a powerhouse. That's pretty much it. In SS however, I used my Ampharos. I called it Doctor because I saw an anime episode where they made medicine from Ampharos' electricity. I can't remember which series it was in...

BiGoDeViN28

Psalm 141:3
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen May 26, 2013
In DPPt, I always went with Shinx. The Shinx line is nice to have throughout the game and the design is overall cool, too. Plus, Shinx is available early on and that's always been a plus for me.

As for HGSS, I didn't go with any electric type. You have to jump through extra hoops or wait until Safari Zone to get a decent one. Ampharos was okay, but just not my style. I just went without Electric types.

Years
I used Shinx>>>Luxray in both Diamond and Platinum when I started my journey.IMO, this Pokèmon good at speed, physical and SP attack. But I realize Electric type doesn't seems good for E4 and Cynthia. So, I left him at Stores....

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Luxray all the way. I used it during my first run through Sinnoh ever. It's a good Pokemon and its Intimidate helps in battle. I don't believe I used Raichu/Ampharos in the 4th generation, but I have used them in the past.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I used the same Luxray for Diamond and Soulsilver, after I beat diamond, I traded over Tira, my Luxray. She's still often used on my Soulsilver game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Pachirisu! It's Sweet Kiss & Super Fang combination along with Discharge to support it makes it a very formidable Pokémon to the extent that it can even take down Cynthia's Garchomp if you lower it's Attack with Attract :3 Grass Knot is also very useful for it but it's hard to choose a move to replace haha. But yeah, Pachirisu is the best <3

aquavi

scintillating starmie
Years
I always use Ampharos, it's one of my favorites! I just like the way its little tail bobbles up and down when it walks with me.

D/P I don't think I used an electric type, they really aren't my favorites haha

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Luxray in D/P/Pt because Shinx is SO CUTE and Luxray is so awesome, one of the coolest Pokemon around. In HG/SS I used an Ampharos, I really like this Pokemon too! Mareep is very cute, and so is Flaffy. All in all, Electric Types are pretty cool!

Years
In one playthrough, I actually used a Pachirisu. It was pretty good, and once it got to the 50s it was definitely able to hold its own, but it felt like a bit of a waste of time since it had no evolved form. Normally when I train a Pikachu I always EVENTUALLY evolve it. This was pretty much the same, except I didn't have the option to evolve, so after the league it was like "..okay, buh-bye".

In my most recent playthrough of Platinum, I trained an Electabuzz/Electivire (had to trade with myself over Wifi with one DS to do so). I LOVE Electivire, it learns great moves (by level up and/or TM) and generally does great in battle.

In HeartGold (well, in Johto games) I generally use Ampharos, though most recently I used a Raichu/Pikachu that I traded in so I could play through the Johto Gyms with it. I also traded in a Thunderstone, though I didn't use it until around Claire, I believe. Raichu did pretty well. With Iron Tail and Thunderbolt he generally packs a decent punch.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I never got to play much D/P/Pt at all, so the only Electric type I got to use was Luxray. Can't say that was a bad thing though, as I've always liked Luxray. The way that its design goes from cute to badass while still having a great design is something I've always liked about the Shinx line, and Luxray isn't too shabby in battle. I'd really like to try out an Electivire some time though, as I've heard it's a pretty good Pokemon, which I'm inclined to believe, as Electabuzz has certainly been a great Pokemon to use :D

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I used Luxray in Pearl and Platinum. Luxray is good for attacker and with Intimidate his Defense is safe. One that I don't like, the speed is average :<

EndercreeperMugen

First-time ROM hacker
Years
In Platinum, I used a Shinx until I found out about Rotom (and how to get it), which I then switched to as my Electric-type of choice.
In Heartgold, I used Mareep the whole way through, since Ampharos is one of my fave Pok?mon.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Lux was cool as hell, I've always felt bad about boxing it and replacing it for a legendary.

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I remember on one run awhile back I was n00bing it up with a Pachirisu on my team cause I wanted a high level Pachirisu xD

I think for my very first run through Diamond, I used a Luxray. I've also used Electabuzz (never had friends to trade with to make an Electevire) and Magnezone.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I played through Platinum again last week, and I used a Jolteon for this run and I definitely did not regret it. Hands down the best Electric type I've ever had in a gen 4 game.

Years
I used Magnezone for DPPt. I had never used Magnemite or Magneton before apart from just catching them to complete the pokedex, so when I found out that they had given Magnemite a third stage evolution that was obtained in an innovative new way I was really curious about getting to know this guy. I wanted to have at least one pokemon that evolved based on its surroundings in Sinnoh and thought this guy looked pretty cool. I like that he became spaceship, I fell in love with his long, wonky cry and definitely think he is a solid Pokemon to use.

For HGSS I wanted to remake my original team from when I first played GSC and got an Ampharos. He was even better than I remembered :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I don't recall using any Electric types in Sinnoh. I used a Raichu early on though.

I tried using Luxray recently. Nice design but very underwhelming.

Back