• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The procedure for speculators:

"We should get some news on 'Month 1' 15th."

Date passes. The next day:

"I believe we'll get more info on 'Month 2' 15th."

Date passes. The next day:

"We're due for info on 'Month 3' 15th."

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Sorry, had to point this out. :D And it'll likely turn into that until about September because of past leaks.

Cyclone

I doubt that'll happen til September. By that point we'll have a lot of information, so yeah, probably around May-ish is when it'll really start coming in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think so, I think he just got inside information somehow, iirc? But either way, that probably won't be happening again, as the most we got was Mr X/Y and that was a failure, soo.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
that probably won't be happening again, as the most we got was Mr X/Y and that was a failure, soo.

I think it's a little early in the day to be saying that's all we got.

We have about 7 months left to get something more than that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well yeah, I get that, but I think the Spanish website was a rare case. :x The chances of that happening again this generation seems unlikely given how GF cracked down on it etc.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I sure hope they release some official info anytime soon, it's killing me to have to wait and not get anything new...plus the speculation boards have given me an unreleastic view on what fo expect from these new games, so some actual facts would be a nice change ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I sure hope they release some official info anytime soon, it's killing me to have to wait and not get anything new...plus the speculation boards have given me an unreleastic view on what fo expect from these new games, so some actual facts would be a nice change ^^

Most videogames don't even give us half as much info as Pokemon always does until the month before release. Could be much worse. They could give us a name and nothing else like every other company up until the release.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It really is true, they do release information for us quicker than anyone else usually does. We usually just get one preview in a print publication and then we're stuck waiting longer. The fact that we generally get something almost monthly is something out of the ordinary for most new releases.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Has there been any speculation about a connection between Mewtwo randomly getting Hurricane and Sylveons type being possibly Flying? The short and movie are set to air alongside each other so it could be interesting to see if these two things are related.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see much of a connection of Mewtwo learning Hurricane and Sylveon being Flying type. If anything that'd be much more of a coincidence if anything if Sylveon ends up being Flying typed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Mewtwo having Hurricane may have something to do with the movie. Perhaps Mewtwo knows it in the movie, but Sylveon is just in the movie short, I think the link between Mewtwo knowing Hurricane and Sylveon possibly being Flying type is kind of non existant.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just a reminder, Sylveon isn't confirmed Flying type yet. No point drawing a connection where it may not exist, even if it is speculation.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just a reminder, Sylveon isn't confirmed Flying type yet. No point drawing a connection where it may not exist, even if it is speculation.

Cyclone

Isn't that the whole point of speculating though? Trying to draw connections? I mean I don't see that Mewtwo getting Hurricane would lead to Sylveon being a Flying type, but that doesn't mean that theory can't be there =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Isn't that the whole point of speculating though? Trying to draw connections? I mean I don't see that Mewtwo getting Hurricane would lead to Sylveon being a Flying type, but that doesn't mean that theory can't be there =P
There's a limit even for speculation. I mean, if Sylveon isn't Flying type, then the other speculation is pointless. Better to confirm it's Flying type, then speculate about that. Heck, I'd join in at that point.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There's a limit even for speculation. I mean, if Sylveon isn't Flying type, then the other speculation is pointless. Better to confirm it's Flying type, then speculate about that. Heck, I'd join in at that point.

Cyclone

All speculation is pointless, but done for enjoyment and wishful thinking. In reverse, if Sylveon were Flying type, all discussion and speculation about it not being Flying was pointless. Look at all the discussions we had for Pokemon Grey. It didn't happen. Did we waste all of our times dreaming and discussing? No we didn't. Speculations are just a general think tank for us to share what we think will happen and discuss the pros and cons not to mention defend our reasonings for having them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I agree, half the fun of getting a new game is speculating anything and everything.

I think Mewtwo just has hurricane to make it unique, after all it isn't an event exclusive Pokémon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do agree with Hurricane just being a unique move, and there must be something he does in the movie that symbolizes getting that move. Of course, we won't know until July.

Also, symbolizing about a possible future game (hey, we can still speculate about it even if it's not happening!) and speculating about ties between Pokémon are two completely different things, IMO. The thing is if it gets so intricate that people start thinking it's fact and spread it as gospel, then it's getting too far. Not saying it's happened here, just saying.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Also, symbolizing about a possible future game (hey, we can still speculate about it even if it's not happening!) and speculating about ties between Pokémon are two completely different things, IMO. The thing is if it gets so intricate that people start thinking it's fact and spread it as gospel, then it's getting too far. Not saying it's happened here, just saying.

Cyclone

There's really no difference though. We're just speculating for the fun of speculating it, not spreading anything as truth. So if he wants to state that he sees a possible connection between two things for the heck of it, more power to them!

On a totally different topic, is there anything you guys absolutely DON'T want to see make a return in these games? Like a feature or something you thought was awful enough that you wouldn't want it to return? Me, I just want Rock Smash to disappear completely. It's such an obnoxious HM/TM that I don't want to return at all. They phased Flash out for the most part, let's continue that please.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Actually, Mewtwo getting the move Hurricane from this event is likely a throwback to the first movie, where it starts a hurricane with its psychic power to show off its strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back