• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Very few types change name from Japanese to English and even less completely change meaning. Fairy -> Light is pretty much less than 0% chance of happening. Fairy Breed Group is Fairy Egg Group in Japan. Since Fairy is Fairy, if it became a Type that would carry over to the English titles as Fairy as well.

What ever type we get will most likely be known in Japan and in English by the same thing or if Japanese is different, then the English will translate to the same thing. So what ever Japanese is for Light will be Light if Light appears. Same for Fairy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That'll be Hikari (that's Japanese for Light). Also Dark is Aku in japanse which is scum,evil,ect. . So if there's a light it maybe Hiro (Hero) or Yoi (good) or any other word that means hero or good.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
From what I've read, rumor has it that the Elite Four will be based on stats rather than type. So their team would consist of Pokemon with high attacking, or high speed, and so on.

What do you guys think? I think it'd be a nice change, a little more strategic. I wish it would be more competitive with a well rounded team with more predicting. They are the Elite Four after all, they should be the toughest challenge in the game, and not just because of level or Pokemon you can't get before you face them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
What I would like is the Elite 4 change their pokemons based on certain actions you do in the game. The first would be your starter, for others we can speculate.

Years
Very few types change name from Japanese to English and even less completely change meaning. Fairy -> Light is pretty much less than 0% chance of happening. Fairy Breed Group is Fairy Egg Group in Japan. Since Fairy is Fairy, if it became a Type that would carry over to the English titles as Fairy as well.

What ever type we get will most likely be known in Japan and in English by the same thing or if Japanese is different, then the English will translate to the same thing. So what ever Japanese is for Light will be Light if Light appears. Same for Fairy.

Xander's right, most types that have different names between the Japanese and English versions usually have the same meaning, although some people didn't easily catch the "Evil" type becoming Dark and they thought it represented actual darkness but the type itself is actually based around tricks and playing dirty, not to mention there are 3 Dark-type Pokemon families based on criminal stereotypes.

Fairy and Light would definitely not have the same meaning as stated above. I mean, like what Xander stated there, the Fairy egg group kept its Japanese name in the English versions so if Fairy was a type, it would probably be the same.

What I would like is the Elite 4 change their pokemons based on certain actions you do in the game. The first would be your starter, for others we can speculate.

That would seem a bit complex imo, basing teams around stats or certain circumstances might be interesting but it's pretty hard to work out. I always preferred the traditional type specialty since we've had it since the early days of Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
From what I've read, rumor has it that the Elite Four will be based on stats rather than type. So their team would consist of Pokemon with high attacking, or high speed, and so on.

What do you guys think? I think it'd be a nice change, a little more strategic. I wish it would be more competitive with a well rounded team with more predicting. They are the Elite Four after all, they should be the toughest challenge in the game, and not just because of level or Pokemon you can't get before you face them.

That rumor is old, and it was debunked as fake by the person who spread the rumor. That being said, I prefer mono-type teams for Elite 4 members over stat-based teams since it's a tradition. I still wish we have a new set of rumors rather than hearing the same rumors we've heard before.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I guess the rumor trolls are waiting for the ones yet to be proven to be wrong or correct to make new ones and claim they are the trustworthy ones.

I'm hoping for small rumors next time we have some.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
New rumors guys. The e4 will be based on starter pokemon types back in gen 1. Grass, Fire, Water and Electric.
Also, 3 more legendaries are rumored.
1. There will be a legendary based on chinese dragon (prob fire/drgn)
2. A steel/fairy type legendary.
3. A poison/fly legendary.
DISCUSS

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I guess the rumor trolls are waiting for the ones yet to be proven to be wrong or correct to make new ones and claim they are the trustworthy ones.

I'm hoping for small rumors next time we have some.

Isn't there only the one big rumour from pokebeach left though? I thought all the rest were debunked.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
New rumors guys. The e4 will be based on starter pokemon types back in gen 1. Grass, Fire, Water and Electric.
Also, 3 more legendaries are rumored.
1. There will be a legendary based on chinese dragon (prob fire/drgn)
2. A steel/fairy type legendary.
3. A poison/fly legendary.
DISCUSS

Those have been proven fake.They were along with team Acid and Basic rumor

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
New rumor!
There will be a legendary trio this generation: 1 Dark/Psychic, 1 Normal/Psychic and 1 possibly light(fairy)/psychic.

That sounds like that scenario with the angel, demon and the neutral (Normal/Psychic) one in the middle....and they're trying to get them to do good/bad.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Genesect can fly?... .-. heh.
And I heard that there's going to be 2 new types.
Fairy types & Light Types.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Why would there be a Fairy AND a Light type? That makes absolutely no sense, haha. And yeah, Genesect can transform into this flying car thing. And where are you guys getting these rumors from? Hard to be credible with not even a vague source....

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Rumors shouldn't be posted without sources... anyone could say anything.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Why would there be a Fairy AND a Light type? That makes absolutely no sense, haha. And yeah, Genesect can transform into this flying car thing. And where are you guys getting these rumors from? Hard to be credible with not even a vague source....

Most of these rumors have either been floating around sites like Pokébeach, or they popped up on 4Chan and have been making the rounds since then. Most of them have already been debunked though by the creators of them (like Mr. XY from 4chan for example), so at this point it's just taking things with a grain of salt =P

I don't think there would be both a Fairy AND a Light type. I feel like people have been using them pretty interchangeably as far as the new type comes, as they're mildly similar in regards in what they'd be there to accomplish. So no, I doubt there would be both.

Back