• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games Clans. Yes, No or Don't care

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I just wondering what is everyone thoughts on Video games clans. I personally have been in a couple. Both times never really felt the whole community vibe that they say they have.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I used to be in clans a lot back in my Team Fortress and Starcraft days. I think my main reason for finding a clan was to play with players that were good and also friendly. Being in a clan always forced me to stick to my best "role" and left less room to experiment. That and well it's less pressure to play with people I don't know.

Nowadays I play with random people and don't really care who I play with anymore since I'm not competitive like I used to be. Occasional I may play with a friend or two if they are online.

Years
I don't really join clans. Ages ago on CoD4, me and a couple of friends had a joke clan but, it wasn't anything serious or official.

I don't mind them, but it makes me laugh when people take them really seriously.​

Years
I usually just play with my friends in a group, it's much more fun.

The only thing that even comes close to being in a clan is that I occasionally play for a club on Fifa from members of another forum. Nothing serious though.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Yeah, pretty much what Captain Fabio said. Just replace CoD4 with MPO+...signed up just to make that clan...terrible game, btw.

It makes me laugh when people take clans like family/elite unit/whatever.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I have also been in a "clan" too and was one of the leaders and I personally didn't like it. Clan battles have got's to be the most annoying thing on PSN or Live.

TY

I joined a MW3 clan 8 months ago, and left it after 3 months...
It is so annoying to be stuck with the some people who force you to play "clan battles'

TY

Now i have a little MCLA crew (sort of clan) called The Eastsiders...
We have much fun and our rides have a dragon with Eastsiders on it, inspired of the Underground 1 CPU crew

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Four years ago, I was an active part of a clan in a PC shooter that I now play sometimes. But now i'm not much of an active clan person as I was before. Usually if I ever join or create a clan in a game, it's just to have easier contact with friends and what not, but not for competitive reasons.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
i think the best type of clan is an irl one with friends. im part of one called Game Over-we play hang out and play a variety of games (not just one or system game heck we even play offline co-op games and retro games)or just have all our tvs and play seperately since we all have our own genre preference. were all from different parts of the city except my neighbor but we all get together to game. imo it beats having a online clan of

Back