• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wondering about legendaries

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Hey people! I am a newbie to the pokemon era just started watching season 4 (episode 161 ) and as the past seasons i am still loving it :p! Thought there is one thing that wonders my mind, those intros before the episode starts always contained some kind of a legendary pokemon and in the past seasons all the intros had some different kind and now starting season 4 i have still only seen MewTwo escaping the lab and that pretty much it, ( well i did see the movie but still if we dont count those ) so wanted to ask without making any big spoilers or anything because i still have lots of seasons to watch will this linear of going to this city to get this badge thought i get side-tracked about 30 episodes break and start also making some drama ;P like team rocker,legendaries and those kind of stuff because i have found myself kinda skipping episodes now when its just meet a person,help him,pikachu gets stolen, pikachu uses thunder bolt, pikachu is saved,meet a person... and etc not complaining or anything just wondering what do i have to expect from my future watches, thanks in advance :D!

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Personally, I don't enjoy the anime. I loved the first season when I was a child, but when you keep on watching them, you realize it's always the same. You can check that by yourself, you'll realize when you watch a couple of seasons. There are the amazing episodes, those in which legendaries appear or just interesting battles, and I don't think there's anything else.

But I don't want to disappoint you! Pokemon is amazing, and though I prefer the videogames to the anime, if you really enjoy the anime, you'll love it. But, as I said, you'll find that seasons look very similar (aside from the obvious aspects). Anyway, you shouldn't miss the first season.

I'd recommend you to watch the movies. I find them more interesting than the anime and there are lots of legendaries, which you seem to enjoy. Give them a try!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The episodes you are referring to is fillers. Basically they just add episodes or fill in between important episodes to give the Saga time for about 3 or 4 years of a run. Some times its nice to see a laid back episode were they are just enjoying themselves, but often times its just a rehashed plot of a previous episode at some point. For me I see it as if it doesn't have a Capture, evolution, rival related, gym related, Team related, league related, or development related than it is a filler to me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
The drama can be annoying but if you really like the anime, it's something you won't mind putting up with, along with some minor things that disturb Pokemon lovers such as moves effectiveness. Without watching the whole season it's also less fun to watch massive battling episodes like the Pokemon league.
You should consider watching the movies instead, like it was suggested.

Back