• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinion on Black/White 2

Years
I've got both Black and Black 2 and I think the second is way much better than the first, because of all the many sidequests and things you get to do, that were missing in pokemon Black. In fact, I'm still playing to Black 2, wereas i left a bit over Black :(

(Still waiting for Ruby and Sapphire, maybe in 3D? :P)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The region's expansions were excellent, and I loved the music. The gyms were so and so, I mean come on 3 gyms were basically battle to move on without any puzzles, and I'm kind of irked that Undella is basically the center of east Unova and is still a town. Pokewood although, is one of the best additions to the series, and I hope that they eventually give us a bigger and better one in the future.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I really liked it, even more than Black and White. The new towns, PWT, PokeStar studios, it was all perfect, mainly the storyline. I loved it. I would give a 9/10. rating for this game. What I didn't like in the game was that you couldn't met Hilbert and Hilda...I would love to battle them.

Years
I have definitely got sidetracked with everything that you can do in White 2. I do enjoy being able to catch so many different pokemon early on and getting to gain access to moves and items early on. The graphics are very nice and I love the rival storyline. I enjoy doing my Joint Avenue and the Battle Subway is a blast. The PWT is pretty nice and I like you can rebattle gym leaders. I wish the starters would have been tweaked a little more but they are still fun to play around with. I still have a ways to go as I am only at my seventh badge and there is so much more left but all in all best time investment my daughter and I have invested!

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I personally enjoy it. All the goal are still there (like completing the pokedex, which i enjoy doing) and interestingly enough, there are a lot of hidden events that you can trigger in the endgame. Whats funny is when you happen upon something after youve beaten the game (pretty significant events) that arent covered in online game guides.

My favorite part about B2W2 is the fact that we start on the other side of Unova, and you hear your BW character's story in bits and pieces. He is the reigning hero, and you are following in your own character's footsteps. Great touch GameFreak, great touch.
Rating 10/10

Regards, Chris

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Definitely renewed my love for Unova. Black and White were absolutely amazing, don't get me wrong, but Black 2 and White 2 really stepped it up a notch. Finally, since the release of Gold/Silver we have a legitimate continuation of a storyline, rather than a remake of it. These weren't a "third game" in the least, were every little thing was the same as before just only slightly different, this completely changed it up.

Victory Road's gate was probably my favorite revamp of all time. I mean, so high-tech, and I actually felt like I was entering a place of strength and experience, rather than just another cave!

The PWT was a great nod to the Battle Frontier. The mechanics of how you earn points were pretty challenging, and the fact that you can literally battle any gym leader from any region was pretty sweet as well. c:

All in all I say these are the greatest games to me, and I highly doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Years
This Gen was my favourite. But I think this game and its new areas or new redesigns were amazing. Out of all the games, this one is the most memorable and all the areas feel different. Each town has a different feel, the routes all have defining features, the characters have more backstory.

I believe this game is the best Pokemon games in the series as of yet. This is just an opinion though.

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
I'm only in Driftveil City right now. I love it! The only thing that irks me is that I can't transfer my pokemon from White to White 2. Or can you? I know you can do it through the Union Room, but let's face it - too much effort. ;) Is there anyway where I don't have to trade 1 for 1?

Years
I'm only in Driftveil City right now. I love it! The only thing that irks me is that I can't transfer my pokemon from White to White 2. Or can you? I know you can do it through the Union Room, but let's face it - too much effort. ;) Is there anyway where I don't have to trade 1 for 1?

You don't get rewarded for being lazy. You can only trade 1 for 1. Actually, I think you can trade 1 for 3, but I didn't try it so it might not work like that.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I think it was a great continuation of the series, seeing the new characters who have grown between the two year gap between B&W. Also, the gyms have their own music, which I love! Just amazing to see in the games. Pokemon World tournament was amazing, seeing old gym leaders and just having a new battle mechanic.

Back