• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
That has always been Pink. Sylveon's data has always been pink like that since Sylveon was released. They did not edit any of Sylveon's info. Nothing on the English site has been changed either. The Japanese site has always had Sylveon highlighted in Pink. Its to go with their body color. Since Sylveon's body is pinkish they highlighted it in Pink.

Earlier
Spoiler:

Now
Spoiler:

Still don't see it ? The '??? Type' has been highlighted in Pink. Similar to how other types have been colored in their respective shades.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Earlier
Spoiler:

Now
Spoiler:

Still don't see it ? The '??? Type' has been highlighted in Pink. Similar to how other types have been colored in their respective shades.

As much as I love this argument, I'm sorry to say that if you looked VERY carefully, you'd notice that these two pictures are in different languages.
The Japanese poster is not the English one so they shouldn't be compared. Just because the Japanese one is changed does not reflect the overall image, even though Pokemon originates from Japan.
But Idk.

Mujahid

Years
As much as I love this argument, I'm sorry to say that if you looked VERY carefully, you'd notice that these two pictures are in different languages.
The Japanese poster is not the English one so they shouldn't be compared. Just because the Japanese one is changed does not reflect the overall image, even though Pokemon originates from Japan.
But Idk.

Yes, they are in different languages.But both are from official Pokemon websites. The japanese website did not have the eeveelutions image. Only the English website posted it. Why would the Japanese website post it NOW and also with a minor change ?
https://www.facebook.com/Bulbagarden/posts/10151559844124668

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I am thinking that it might be Normal type, since a lot of Normal pokemon are white and/or pink.

I really don't think it will be normal type, since that spot is already taken up be Eevee itself.

Pink could also hint at a Ghost typing, as well as its eerily designed eyes.

Mujahid

Years
To me, it's interesting that they're building up so much suspense for Sylveons type. They usually don't do that unless the pokemon serves an important purpose in the game/story/side-story.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes, they are in different languages.But both are from official Pokemon websites. The japanese website did not have the eeveelutions image. Only the English website posted it. Why would the Japanese website post it NOW and also with a minor change ?
https://www.facebook.com/Bulbagarden/posts/10151559844124668

Those are from two different sites dude. Both have been on thier respective sites since Feb 14th. That slyveon image has been up for months. Nothing has changed.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
If it were that easy, they would have to fess up and reveal it. I don't think the Japanese would use that. And we tend to follow the Japanese.

Cyclone

It was a joke.... I think it's Ghost. Makes most sense to me, but they'll probably throw us for a loop and make it a Rock type!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To me, it's interesting that they're building up so much suspense for Sylveons type. They usually don't do that unless the pokemon serves an important purpose in the game/story/side-story.

Or maybe they just want us to think it's important :x Also it's interesting @ the pink text changed however I don't think there's much important to it as there likely isn't a love type sooo. :(

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Hmmm as a flying type Pokemon I'm not convinced...give it wings then I'm sold. But I hope it's a Normal type Pokemon, cause really. Why not a Normal type Eeveelution evolution.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Or maybe they just want us to think it's important :x Also it's interesting @ the pink text changed however I don't think there's much important to it as there likely isn't a love type sooo. :(
It didn't change. The English version doesn't have pink text.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe the Mewtwo and Genesect movie trailer will have some small section of it be devoted to the Sylveon short...perhaps they could show it in it's native environment...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think they'll give us any more clues. They seem to be hyping it's lack of a type for now and letting fans guess and speculate. I do think they enjoy that. It might also be a spoiler for the short so I think it may not be revealed for some time.

tnfsf11

If Sylveon was a LOVE type Pokemon then all its attacks will be hugs and kisses?
So attacks will be like... rough love??? -dirty thoughts taking place- :D
srsly ppl it's not going to be this way it's probably normal, the pink bows remind me of the item that you give hold to normal Pokemon, so Sylveon is most likely an Eeveon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If Sylveon was a LOVE type Pokemon then all its attacks will be hugs and kisses?
So attacks will be like... rough love??? -dirty thoughts taking place- :D
srsly ppl it's not going to be this way it's probably normal, the pink bows remind me of the item that you give hold to normal Pokemon, so Sylveon is most likely an Eeveon.
A Normal type is the last thing I expect it to be (unless counting dual types, which are 0% in my books).

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I would prefer another design for a flying eevee, for me it's just not appealing to have this eeveelution be flying type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What do you guys think the stat distribution of Sylveon will be? If it's dragon I see it's stats being equally divided (with one or two having one more than the other as it has an odd numbered bst.)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
If it's a new type, it'd be Light.

If not, I'm stuck between Flying and Ghost. Its butterfly ribbons and Wingull-coloured scarves make me think it's Flying; however, its moveset and its eyes make me think it's a Ghost type.

It definitely is interesting.

Years
Imo, it is too late for a "Light" type to be introduced... Just look at Zekrom and Reshiram... aren't they like screaming Dark and Light? :v
Anyway, as of Sylveon's stats distribution: I think, since it is the lightest, it will be a frail and weak to physical attacks, so somthing like this imo:
HP 65
Atk 60
Def 65
SpAtk 130
SpDef 95
Spd 110

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Imo, it is too late for a "Light" type to be introduced... Just look at Zekrom and Reshiram... aren't they like screaming Dark and Light? :v
Anyway, as of Sylveon's stats distribution: I think, since it is the lightest, it will be a frail and weak to physical attacks, so somthing like this imo:
HP 65
Atk 60
Def 65
SpAtk 130
SpDef 95
Spd 110

Its never too late for them to make any kind of change they feel they should add. There have been Pokemon before that match other types better than what they have that doesn't take away from the potential of introducing it later.

There aren't many things I'll accept without plausible back up, but with Gamefreak you never know completely what you can get even with insurmountable proof. New types is something I'll stay open to until Pokemon adds them or dies because it can be done. Worst we'd get is a lot of bellyachin from fans.

As for stat spred...I'm kinda hopin that Sylveon is more HP like Vaporeon. I like everything else though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What do you guys think the stat distribution of Sylveon will be? If it's dragon I see it's stats being equally divided (with one or two having one more than the other as it has an odd numbered bst.)
Looks like high special attack, or attack, but definitely speed. I don't see it as slow really.

Back