• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fun Game, The Card Collab Collecting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Sorry about all of this... but just bringing this back to the running. Anyway, review of the previous card...

Artwork: 8/10 Fits the Type of the card
Playability: 7/10 Woo! Type changing is a real strategy for Delta Species
Collectability: 5/10 Common from EX Series.

Going over the top with Kabutops

97-kabutops-ex.jpg

This should mean Aerodactyl is up next...

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
artwork 7/10 too plain
Playability: 7/10 okay
Collectability 9/10 very nice very nice

i choose you! Aerodactyl
35-aerodactyl-d.jpg

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Let's take this game out of the garbage...

Aerodactyl, the legendary pterodactyl pokemon with the wings of a thousand karats. It's ability functions as a free Energy Search, making this a Delta worth it.

Artwork: 5/10 It is the overused Mitsuhiro Arita...
Playability: 10/10
Collectability: 9/10

Did anyone forget the PokéFlute here?

snorlax-plasma-storm-pls-101.jpg

Years
Artwork: 6/10. There's been better and there's been worse, even among 5ban's own work.
Playability: 2/10. In theory it looks cool, but in practice that attack cost is far too high to be effective and that retreat cost is horrendous.
Collectibility: 5/10. It's a Team Plasma rare, but it's not foil and most Snorlax cards aren't very sought after.

Anyway, next up, Articuno!

displayimage.php

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 4/10 Basically is an Articuno floating in a maroon wind tunnel? I would rate it higher if it were performing an attack.

Playability: 6/10 Darkness Veil can be useful against those who prefer effects over damage, but R's Articuno ex doesn't deal a whole lot of damage and is worth two prize cards.

Collectibility: 7/10 ex Team Rocket Returns? Yes please :3 I really like the Rocket's ex cards. I rarely found ex Team Rocket Returns booster when I first started collecting, which was the year when that set was released...

I'm going to continue the trend:

106.jpg

Years
Artwork: 7/10. The lightning pattern in the holofoil gives the impression that Zapdos is flying around in a lightning storm it caused.

Playability: 6/10. It was a decent ex card for its era, but a lot of the evolution based ex cards in its time were just simply better than it. Raging Thunder also had a huge drawback.

Collectibility: 8/10. It's an ex from the Advance Generation, which these days are pretty hard to come by, and I do like how unique the card style for the Advance Generation cards happens to be.

Breaking the trend of Team Rocket Returns ex Pokemon, we'll travel back in time to the Gym Heroes set with Rocket's Moltres:

displayimage.php

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Art 8/10 hmm okay.
Playability: 6/10. fine or so.
Collectibility: 8/10. worth a LOT.

i choose ya Dratini!

dratini2.jpg

Years
Art: 7/10. I like the coloring of the background, but it otherwise feels empty.
Playability: 4/10. It doesn't have very high HP, and none of the Dragonite cards from its era are terribly viable.
Collectibility: 5/10. It's a Dratini, but it's also from a mini-set, which are rare to get outside of Japan.

Onto Dragonair we go!
displayimage.php

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Art 7/10 pretty nice.
Playability: 8/10 pretty good for a dragonair.
Collectibility: 5/10.

Go dragonite!

dragonite.JPG

Years
Art: 5/10. Cute, but lacking in detail.
Playability: 6/10. For the era it was in, it had a lot of HP, but it also had a very risky attack. Biggest reason to play it would have been for its Pokemon Power.
Collectibility: 5/10. It may be a movie-stamp promo, but it's also ridiculously common and very cheap on eBay.

Anyway, we're almost done with the Kanto Pokemon! Next up, Mewtwo!

displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Shining Mewtwo? I would've expected Mewtwo ex...

Anyway...
Artwork: 8/10
Playability: 6/10 A staple to Shining cards in the G/S era...
Collectability: 10/10 I mean, it a "Shining" Ultra Rare. Need I say more?

Mew's back, with a night to remember.

mew-ex-legend-maker-lm-88.jpg

Thus ends the Kanto series. Onward to Johto with the next poster.

Years
Artwork 6/10. I like it, but it's simple.

Playability: 6/10 for its era. It seems pretty flexible, but that's also some low HP for an ex era Pokemon.

Collectibility: 8/10. It's a freaking ex from the Advance generation of the cards! It's not terribly easy to find.

Chikorita is next!

displayimage.php

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 4/10 Nice Chikorita picture but what's with the ground ripples?

Playability: 3/10 Unless you plan on evolving it, Chikorita won't last very long with 50 HP. Growl may work for weaker Pokémon but -10 damage isn't a lot.

Collectibility: 6/10 It's common but how often do you come across Neo Genesis cards these days?

A wild Bayleef appeared!

bayleef-expedition-ex-71.jpg

Years
Artwork: 7/10. Stylized, but interesting.

Playability: 5/10. It's not great, but it could be worse.

Collectibility: It's an Expedition card, which are hard to come by, but it's still and uncommon. 4/10.

Bayleef has evolved into Meganium!

displayimage.php

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 9/10. I don't know why, but the artwork of Meganium seems to have something that bothers me from giving it a perfect score.

Playability: 4/10 I would just keep it in the bench and use it's Poke-Power. (Don't actually remember if Poke-Power can be used in the bench, tho)

Collectibility: 7/10. It's an ex card and it's still a final evolution.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
OOPS! xD

Artwork: 4/10 Looks like a cheap painting, don't really like it.

Playability: 4/10 Singe is okay, Quick attack too. Not a really viable card but it's alright.

Collectibility: 2/10 Nothing really exquisite.

QuilavaEXDragonFrontiers36.jpg

Years
Artwork: 7/10. I like it. It's cool, and a style not used frequently on cards anymore.

Playability: 5/10. It's okay for the era as a Stage 1. It turns into the Typhlosion below, which is something decent and certainly playable.

Collectibility: 5/10. It's an uncommon, but it's also a Delta Species, which makes it unique.

Next up, Typhlosion!
displayimage.php

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Artwork: 5/10 - it's cool but not very interesting and the purple background just doesn't fit Typhlosion, regardless of him being delta or not.

Playability: 8/10 - very decent/playable card for casual play but probably wouldn't see too much use in competitive, a nice standard boss though.

Collectibility: 7/10 - honestly not a clue, this was in the era I stopped having anything to do with the TCG, but based on what I've heard I imagine it's relatively quite collectable being a delta and a main starter; quite cheap though!

Next up, an Oddish farmer!
Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Artwork: 5/10 Totodile is cool looking and all, but it's kinda grainy. Maybe it's just the link that's bad.

Playability: 2/10 Surf does only 10 damage? xD

Collectibility: 2/10 Looks like a pretty common card.

CroconawNeoGenesis31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back