• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They also don't normally give games a direct sequel. Don't underestimate GameFreak after Black and White 2 popped out.

Pokemon games, remakes or mains, are released in pairs. To both, reissue the original versions in an updated system, and to play off their "you should go out and find people to interact with". Pokemon's purpose is the latter, which is why we'll never get home console main games TTwTT. Based on the assumption they don't break thier word on this, emerald centered remakes aten't likely to happen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum weren't released as a pair. I'm just saying that with the recent B2W2 not being the anticipated third game (key word game, without an s, singular, you get it) I don't think we can really accurately predict their next move. I mean, was anyone expecting to get sequels to BW? I don't think it's likely they'd remake Emerald, but at the same time, it's not an option I'd throw out the window given how they've been recently.

k bye bye to this thread for another month or so lol. -dash-

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum weren't main games either. They were Special Editions that went along with the main games. The Main games from Gen one were Red and Green. with the third being Blue, and then everywhere got yellow as its special edition, only Red and Green were remade. Gold and Silver were the main titles for Generation 2, crystal was a special edition with a story that was added as a mini plot within the remakes.

Ruby and Sapphire are the main games, with Emerald being the "Director's cut" which is the way the story was told through the director's point of view. Platinum is the same way with Diamond and Pearl, which was why we got minor story add ons instead of a story focus change like they did in Crystal.

Generation 5 has 4 main games to it, which yes is unprecedented, but Gamefreak already said they never planned for the games to release the way they did. The pattern just fell into itself and was completely coincidental. Doesn't speak for the way they did remakes. With Emerald only changing a few small aspects of Ruby and Sapphire and Gamefreaks focus of forcing us to trade between a set of games, Emerald would go the way Crystal did and be an add on edit into the story of Ruby and Sapphire revamped with new graphics. And really, only major changes would be Magma's hide out, off screen awakening of rival legend which possibly wouldn't be capturable, and Cinematic fight and arrival of Rayquaza to calm things down.

We already know they aren't doing thirds for Generation 5 (Mana Ibe's interview not to mention there is no way to fuse the storylines for B2W2 since the dragons are game exclusive and N wouldn't have both not to mention you can't have 2 Kyurem alternate forms in one game), which leaves Remakes of Gen 6 next. Though Gamefreak has said that they release 2 games to force us to trade. We won't get 1 game with everything in it just because of that, so Emerald, which would mean there would be a good chunk of Hoenn Pokemon purposefully removed to trade between Remake and what ever Main Generation game is there, isn't really an option.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
They didn't remake Crystal, so I don't see why they would remake Emerald. They'd probably just put in the Battle Frontier into the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire.

because 2009 was the 10th anniversary of Gold and Silver not Crystal, also 15th anniversary of Pokemon.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
because 2009 was the 10th anniversary of Gold and Silver not Crystal, also 15th anniversary of Pokemon.

They don't make games according to things like anniversaries. There is a million real factors that decide what games they create.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
They don't make games according to things like anniversaries. There is a million real factors that decide what games they create.
I'm just assuming that.
so we'll have to wait for Jan/Feb to see what's the next new games.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
[W]ho knows, they may even create a whole new region and introduce more pokemon x.x

They always introduce a new region with each generation, don't they?

The Main games from Gen one were Red and Green. with the third being Blue, and then everywhere got [Y]ellow as its special edition, only Red and Green were remade.

Wait…I thought that Blue was the international version of Green and Yellow was the director's cut because of how it tied the games together with the anime, even if only temporarily.

…[W]e got minor story add ons instead of a story focus change like they did in Crystal.

I thought Crystal was a director's cut, too! Director's cuts don't have to merge the two main games within their stories, do they? Except that they usually do…

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They always introduce a new region with each generation, don't they?

Wait…I thought that Blue was the international version of Green and Yellow was the director's cut because of how it tied the games together with the anime, even if only temporarily.

I thought Crystal was a director's cut, too! Director's cuts don't have to merge the two main games within their stories, do they? Except that they usually do…

No, Blue is the third game in Japan, and the one we got internationally. Yellow was the Special Edition for Gen 1 as a tie into the Anime.

As for Gen 2, Director's cuts started in Gen 3. Crystal was a Special edition since it wasn't the same overall story. It was different from Gold and Silver, though it was made to add in the new aesthetic changes to Pokemon as well as the Female Protagonist choice.

Emerald and Platinum are Director's cuts. They have the same original story retold in the way the Director wanted them to be told.

Thinking of Crystal as a part of the original series and not a stand alone title to complement the series kinda writes why Crystal stuff was included with the G/S remakes, though that doesn't write off the possible changes from Emerald not being included into Ruby and Sapphire remakes. I'm kinda hopin that they do the battle scene now with off screen search for uncatchable rival legend.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Just a random possible hint, in the desert area in B2W2 near the Relic Castle someone randomly standing there mentions the Go-Goggles and the fact that the Mirage Tower in Hoenn has disappeared and how the Relic Castle is slowly being sucked into the ground (probably referring to the fact that the Mirage Tower disappeared by being sucked into the ground/sand too). It probably means nothing at all, but just thought I'd mention it.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
The guy talking about the go-goggles was in bw. But I don't remember him talking about the mirage tower.

blue

gucci
Years
The focus is now on the RS remakes, now that BW & B2W2 is released.. that's the only thing next in line going by the pattern. Then there's the possibilty of either a completely new game or Gen IV coming early but I think we're getting closer! Also, The Pokemon Company is attending Jumpa fest in December again.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
The focus is now on the RS remakes, now that BW & B2W2 is released.. that's the only thing next in line going by the pattern. Then there's the possibilty of either a completely new game or Gen IV coming early but I think we're getting closer! Also, The Pokemon Company is attending Jumpa fest in December again.
They attended Jump Fest last year and it wasn't anything special, but may I have a source please?

Also, I do believe we're getting closer, it seems like the time is here, almost like HG/SS.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but the Unova League is starting up pretty soon in Japan, which means no filler before the League, but I still think we're getting some filler afterwords, they still have to take on Team Plasma, which they skipped the introduction for, if there is filler I believe that a remake is coming, if 6th Gen starts, which I highly doubt because of the lack of the "new never before seen Pokemon" in the movie wasn't done, then we may not get one until Emeralds US anniversary and I think they may incorporate Genesect in the show.

We just gotta keep an eye on the anime for what comes next in the games

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

There is no focus going on right now. There have been no announcements that say they are focusing on a new game, nor on the remakes. If anything Nintendo as a whole is focusing on then new PMD since that is all there is news on currently. That's all Unova/Gen 5 stuff.

Gamefreak has also said that there is no pattern as to how they make games. The games just happened to fall that way. So there never was a specified pattern to follow.

They attended Jump Fest last year and it wasn't anything special, but may I have a source please?

Also, I do believe we're getting closer, it seems like the time is here, almost like HG/SS.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but the Unova League is starting up pretty soon in Japan, which means no filler before the League, but I still think we're getting some filler afterwords, they still have to take on Team Plasma, which they skipped the introduction for, if there is filler I believe that a remake is coming, if 6th Gen starts, which I highly doubt because of the lack of the "new never before seen Pokemon" in the movie wasn't done, then we may not get one until Emeralds US anniversary and I think they may incorporate Genesect in the show.

We just gotta keep an eye on the anime for what comes next in the games

We aren't guaranteed much in terms of filler. We could end up with reruns until they are ready to start the next series. There are many things that can still happen, but as far as Plasma is concerned, they aren't doing it. They canceled all of Plasma's episodes and future ideas after they canceled the Castellia Earthquake episode so good chance Plasma will not be in the series at all. There has been one hint to possible filler so far, and that hint takes us back to Kanto.

Genesect also has his own Movie coming out soon, so Genesect won't be in the show as far as I can see.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm not saying that, what I'm trying to say is that now B2W2 has been released; the next anticipated games will most likely be RS remakes even if that means they're not the next games to be released.

Years
Honestly, Hoenn is the only region I haven't played. I've been told by many it's the best, and I would definitely buy one of the remakes to try it out.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Honestly, Hoenn is the only region I haven't played. I've been told by many it's the best, and I would definitely buy one of the remakes to try it out.

Me too. I have an Emerald cartridge and I begin to play it but I quickly lose interest and stop. Then, when my interest is gained again, I start over because I don't like what I've done so far (before).

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013

I played RSE in my childhood, however imo it's not the best Pokemon game,
to me BW tops all of the Pokemon games(so far) by the story and music also characters.
I think BW is better than B2W2, I like all the generations, and it would be great if
they remade RSE, they should!

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I played RSE in my childhood, however imo it's not the best Pokemon game,
to me BW tops all of the Pokemon games(so far) by the story and music also characters.
I think BW is better than B2W2, I like all the generations, and it would be great if
they remade RSE, they should!

What makes you say BW is better?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
There is no focus going on right now. There have been no announcements that say they are focusing on a new game, nor on the remakes. If anything Nintendo as a whole is focusing on then new PMD since that is all there is news on currently. That's all Unova/Gen 5 stuff.

Gamefreak has also said that there is no pattern as to how they make games. The games just happened to fall that way. So there never was a specified pattern to follow.

We aren't guaranteed much in terms of filler. We could end up with reruns until they are ready to start the next series. There are many things that can still happen, but as far as Plasma is concerned, they aren't doing it. They canceled all of Plasma's episodes and future ideas after they canceled the Castellia Earthquake episode so good chance Plasma will not be in the series at all. There has been one hint to possible filler so far, and that hint takes us back to Kanto.

Genesect also has his own Movie coming out soon, so Genesect won't be in the show as far as I can see.
I don't watch the japanese anime so I can't argue that lol, i just know that the Unnova League is coming up.

It doesn't necessarily mean that their going to Kanto because
Spoiler:
they can really go to any region, although Kanto is more likely but still, IF remakes are indeed next they can very well set something up in Hoenn, since it doesnt have an evil team anymore

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
They said the story, music and charcters in the post you quoted o.O

I'm mean what makes it better BW2 .
They have the same characters plus more
The same music plus more.
The only difference is the story. I would say the story is just as good.
And the story is a continuation of the first .
As far as features BW2 is the best.

So what I wanted to know was why he liked BW story more compared to BW2?
In regards to everything else Bw2 is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back