• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hordes!

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
What do you think of the new horde battles?
Horde battles are basically 5 wild pokemon against one of your own pokemon.
I am personally excited for them! Extra chance to get shiny! *squee*
Also, it seems like a good way to shake up the grinding.

Last edited:

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
Will they all be levels lower than your pokemon? Because one vs five pokemon of the same level seems a bit unfair

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!?
9N8uRIb.png

Years
My God the idea of Hordes is awesome. But seeing the number disadvantage anyone can get : How are we suppose to fight a 5 Pokemon Gang with let us say Lv 5 Pokes versus our own Lv 5 Starter???

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just heard this news..... great way to level up Pokemon fast, great idea - really love this idea. Just hope the "5 on 1" is bit lowered level than my Pokemon - wouldn't want to be struggling with a 5 on 1 especially with a type disadvantage Pokemon.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think it's a really interesting idea! The fact that you get more XP is great, since usually wild battles don't really help that much when grinding Pokemon. I also like the challenge it poses, i just hope it's not going to be a little bit too much in the beggining of the game

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm absolutely loving this. I can just imagine encountering a horde and then spotting a shiny amongst them. Aaaaah, so exciting. Not to mention battling a horde would be pretty epic; especially if you beat five Pokemon with only one on the field at a time! Imagine all the experience you'd get too!

[/soexcited]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
What if with the hordes they increased the level cap ? Since 1 vs 5 = you get lot of exp and it means faster lv 100 I could see them increasing the cap. Increasing level cap could make rebattle of trainers and gym leaders after multiple time to have pokemons over level 100, just look how hard the latest Elite 4 would be if they were level 200.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I can see it being a thing that it's only available in limited areas of the game. Otherwise the enemy horde is a bit OP, especially if you just wander into a random place where Pokemon are 3 or 4 levels higher than your own..

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I can see a lot of new attacks being made just for the purpose of using them against hordes, as in attacks that will damage all other Pokémon in play (like the new Boomburst)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I'm absolutely loving this. I can just imagine encountering a horde and then spotting a shiny amongst them. Aaaaah, so exciting. Not to mention battling a horde would be pretty epic; especially if you beat five Pokemon with only one on the field at a time! Imagine all the experience you'd get too!

[/soexcited]

I love the idea, but I fear they might do the same thing as in double-battles where your character's hand-eye coordination gives out [suddenly] and you "can't aim" because there are "too many Pokemon" on the field, meaning you can't catch Pokemon in battled containing two or more Pokemon.

That would suck :x

Also, I think hordes would come later on, after you have more than just your starter, unless they horde you with Lv. 1 Pokemon.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
This could make ev training far more easier! Especially if you don't have the right items.

Plus it brings out a lot more use for moves like Earthquake and surf, but as someone else mentioned above there is a problem. If hordes can happen frequently, think about all the Geodudes and Zubats swarming us every 5 seconds. @_@

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
If hordes get too annoying, I'm just going to use repels in horde areas. But something tells me that I'm going to do the opposite; ignore the 1v1 wild battles and start looking for hordes to battle!

Years
I doubt it's going to be placed in the game with the battles being impossible so it seems like a really cool addition.

It might finally make me bother with EV training as well which is always good. Now just remove the IV system and we have a great game on our hands.

Back