• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It's not the most fair feature e.g. trading high level pokemon and getting a low lvl Pikachu in return!
Would love it if they had it so you could filter whether or not you would want a similar level pokemon in return and a similar rarity.

Years
ive been getting some decent pokes...i never used it when i was lower level didnt really care i really want the pokebank to open up...

once poke bank opens ill be dumping tons of pokes in there good ones..possibly ev trained.. lol for now im just dumpin Pokerus into it, hope you guys get good ones.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
It's alright, but since I haven't gotten anything better than a lvl 10 Psyduck I've been trading lower leveled pokemon, or Pokemon I no longer have a use for. So far it's been alright, I've gotten two different forms of Vivillon and a JPN Fennekin.

Years
it ia a cool application of the game..i personally have used it many many times but you have to pray not to get "unnecessary" low level pokemon..I have got many good higl level pokemon and some.....

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
It's an alright feature. All the times I used it I got low leveled bunnelby's and what not. But i did put up a couple of decent pokes up.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
hmm i think about breed alot starter pokemon and though in wonder trade

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don' think it will be used much. I like the concept but most your are gonna get in weaklings you can catch. Be nice way to get version exclusives though. However, it is so random that it is hard to trust.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2016
It's weirdly addictive to me, but I don't think it'll ever get anywhere until people start taking risks and putting up rarer Pokemon. I've gotten so many Pan monkeys it's ridiculous. It's contributed to my irrational hatred of the Pan line.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I got a female Chespin out of this. (Went with Froakie!) Now I breed this Chespin and send out baby Chespins to everyone, and nicknaming them "Enjoy!" (Is it being nice or being a jerk? lol)

If I get traded a bad Poke I'll trade it back to an unlucky person.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
A lot of the time you get bunnelbys and pan monkeys. Also a lot of flabebes.

However I have gotten some pokemon I didn't have already like Solrock and Dugtrio. Plus I got an eevee. Its just part of the package. I caught loads of Pumpkaboo and Phantump earlier, and I bred some skrelps. They've been going up on wonder trade.

It's great as a lucky dip kind of thing.

Although this is the first time I'll ever consider releasing pokemon, I have so many bunnelbys in my PC people would think I'm a Bunnelby fanatic. :P

Last edited:
Years
I got a female Chespin out of this. (Went with Froakie!) Now I breed this Chespin and send out baby Chespins to everyone, and nicknaming them "Enjoy!" (Is it being nice or being a jerk? lol)

If I get traded a bad Poke I'll trade it back to an unlucky person.

Honestly, I'd love something like that. To me, this feature panders more to the gambling type, and if you're not a gambler, this feature is a bit intimidating. Also, all I've gotten so far is junk.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
It's very, very addictive, but oh my god. If I got a penny for every time I got an elemental monkey or a Bunnelby, I'd be rich enough to buy our solar system ten times over. On a brighter side, though, a got 2 Froakies, a Noibat, and a Sylveon. Sylveon is in really high demand on the GTS, so I was thrilled. Felt bad for the other dude, though. I think, in my frustration, I gave him a Bunnelby :P

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
I've gotten a Riolu and an Absol, but the amount of level 2s and 3s I've gotten of really terrible Pokemon kind of outweigh the good. I still use it a lot, though, it's like gambling. I know I most likely won't get anything good, but I can't help myself from doing it anyway!

Hopefully when the game is out for a bit, more people will be farther into the story and hopefully breeding and putting better stuff on the WT, but only time will tell.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I love it. I love breeding. So my boxes are full of great pokemon that didn't make the cut. Wonder Trade allows me (not that i'm breeding just yet in XY) Hand out IV bred pokemon like candy sometimes with DW abilities!

Years
I've been catching Pokémon in the Terminus Cave in order to train my Delphox, because it's all rock and ground attacks there.
All the Gravelers and Durants etc went straight through Wonder Trade.

Traded approx 20 of them, sadly got nothing notable in return.. :/

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
I traded away around 20 lvl 1 Eevees earlier using it, Here's What I got.

Drifloon, Heliophtile, Poliwag, Vaporeon, Carnivine, Panpour, Goomy, Bidoof, Pawniard, Pancham, Honedge, Illumise, Woobat, Luvdisc, Combee, Tentacool, Skitty, Sandile, Fletchling, Weedle, Skitty, Snubull, and Inkay

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Hey guys, I'm just new here on the Forum and would like to add my experiences with Wonder Trade ^-^

Although I just started yesterday with this awesome feature, I've already received some nice Pokemon over a time span of approximately 3 hours (sorry can't remember ALL of the Pokemon I received but I will do my best):

Flabebe (alot), Weedle, Scatterbug, Caterpie, Pikachu, Pancham, Panpour, Pansage (alot of those monkeys), Eevee, Dragonair, Shelgon, Goomy, Gible (alot), Tranquill, Fletchling, Starly, Minccino, Growlithe, Charmander, Haunter (which evolved in Gengar), Graveler (which evolved into Golem), Golem, Zorua and a LV. 48 Zoroark!

That last one was my best so far I was very happy! :) I will continue when I am at home and run out of things to do (or just taking a break from my regular gameplay).
I still think this is an awesome feature though, I'm definitely keeping my Zoroark and Dragonair (for breeding later on, so many people will receive either a Zorua or Dratini).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back