• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Hey sweeties! Since, many of you have never heard of the search function on PC, nor read the other threads here, all of you may ask your questions concerning basic ROM hacking in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, just ask your simple questions here. This helps us reduce spam, and puts all your questions in one easy to find location. Okie? =3

Some sample simple questions:
(Anyone found answering these questions will have their post deleted)

How do use edit the text?
How do I edit the sprites?
How do I edit the title screen?
How do I make a script?

And some rules:

• You cannot ask for ROMs. Just use google or some P2P program for all your illegal needs.
  • Do not ask the same questions over and over again. Instead, search the thread if it already has been answered and if not, just wait for someone to answer it! If you don't want to wait, just search the forum and try to find an answer yourself. Almost everything has been answered before.
  • Do not demand for answers to your questions! People to not have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to! Not only are those posts annoying, they also are completely pointless! If such a post is found, it will probably be deleted.
And a notice: If your post is being deleted from this thread, you have probably asked a question which has already been asked and answered before. In that case, just use the search function or read through the previous pages of the thread to find your answer!

Ask away and enjoy, sweeties! =3

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Hi all... i rly need help in quite afew stuff...
1.how can i make the emerald title screen look like this?
ChroniclesOFash_01.jpg

2. how to change the starters on fire red?

3. where is the prof oak sprite in unlz? if its uncompressed can u giv me offset...

4.how to add new events with elite map....

5. what unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

ty thats all any help will be greatly appreciated

Arken Daemon

Machoke!!!!
Years
I am trying to make a hack of fire red and the wild pokemon editor I was using "Bewildered" couldn't open the rom it said Supported Rom, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified. What do I do?

If nobody knows than does anybody know a Wild Pokemon Editor for fire red that actually works.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2007
Ideas for a new hack,Help.

1.I wanna make it in a hack.............where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey.

2.Can i get a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town.

3.where is the battle style trainer for fr/lg in unzl,boy and girl.

4.what is the whole list of over world pokemon sprites,and if theirs a flag what.

All for Leef Green..............

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
Years
  1. How can i make the emerald title screen look like this?
    ChroniclesOFash_01.jpg

2. How to change the starters on fire red?
  3. Where is the prof oak sprite in unlz?
  4. How do I add new events with elite map?
  5. What unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?
  6. I wanna make it in a hack where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey. How would one do this?
  7. Can I create a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town?
  8. Where is the battle style trainer for fr/lg in unlz, boy and girl.
  9. what is the whole list of over world pokemon sprites. And if there's a flag what is it.

------------------------------------
It would be better if people structure their questions like this, simply because they are nicer to look at and get to the point.

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
ive noticed.. that a whole lot of people are askin but no1 is answering... ok... mew183:
for q.1. onlyway i kno u can do it is if u do 1 starter and edit a persons sprite so there is a pokemon behind it... 2. use ssc by dark E here 3.umm for fire red u can use this and 4.get overworld editor by xeon... :S anywayz its here :D i hope i helped. oh and for arken daemon use advance map and go to the wild pokemon section... hope i helped again 0_o :D training for being a mod lol.

Years
Ruby Help

hey people... umm, how do u make the guy who stops u in petalburg, and takes u to the gym, take u to anudda place, i wanna make him go sumwhere else to show me the gym... but so far... BAD LUK

manson_30

the nooyest noob of all!
Years
need help right now

I need help bad stile
i am workin on my first hack made all teh over word sprites and i am workin on teh maps on EliteMap and then some freaky sh*t happens when i try and ply the game!!!!
i cant walk anywhere that i have edited what do i DOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks plz i meed help

ye i have downloaded EliteMap and it has a program called bewildered and it wont even open all that i get is "no GBA roms in currant directory at all " how do i sort this out??

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
On elitemap...

where you can change someone into a pokeball with an item, it asks whats the number of the item you want the pokeball to contain.
Could someone give me a list of the items next to there numbers?

>>>>EDIT:
as my posts been move here. ill answer some questions.

How to change the starters on fire red?
Use poketronic, it has a thing on ti called firestarter. You could also check the tutorials for a hex awlkthrough, or you can use advance starter.

Where is the prof oak sprite in unlz?
Cant help you there i believe hes a compressed image you have to use tlp to change i think.

What unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?
1367, 1368 is the ones on ruby. Im guessing there be near there.

I wanna make it in a hack where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey. How would one do this?
Cant help you there but it would use really advance scripting, find a really good hacker and Pm them.

Can I create a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town?
yes but i cant help you wid that. maybe check the scripts sectio nin documents/tutorials.

Arken Daemon try useing advance map for changing wild pokemon, its alot easier.

manson_30 you cant walk anywhere. have you changed the move data on advance map yet. The 1s on the mpa mean solid and the Cs mean where you can walk.
No rom in directory means you gotta put your rom in the directory. E.g. put it in the elitemap folder.

Drake1012, you would have to change the script. Or maybe on elitemap or advancemap move where he is standing and experiment on where he turns out..say you've moved the gym 7 spaces left and 6 up do the same with the character.

I hope this hleped any of you, sorry if it didn't/

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Answering time! XD
Everybody is allowed to answer questions here, just by the way!

Shaneypoo17 said:
Hi all... i rly need help in quite afew stuff...
1.how can i make the emerald title screen look like this?
ChroniclesOFash_01.jpg

2. how to change the starters on fire red?

3. where is the prof oak sprite in unlz? if its uncompressed can u giv me offset...

4.how to add new events with elite map....

5. what unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

ty thats all any help will be greatly appreciated
1. Edit the Tiledata of the Titlescreen. Export it with unLZ-GBA, edit it and import it back in.
Then change the pallete of the Titlescreen to match your needed colors.

2. Goto these Offsets with your Hex-Editor and change the Pok?mon-bytes to the ones you like: (A list of values can be found here.)
Bulbasaur: 169BB5
Charmander: 169D82
Squirtle: 169DB8

3. It's uncompressed. You can find it at offset 0045EE00 with TLP or Tile-Molester.

4. Go to the objects tab, select the event type and CTRL+Click on "Repoint". Then enter the new amount of the event and an offset with free space.

5. They are uncompressed. The animations are starting at offset 00D66400. Edit them with TLP or Tile-Molester.

Arken Daemon said:
I am trying to make a hack of fire red and the wild pokemon editor I was using "Bewildered" couldn't open the rom it said Supported Rom, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified. What do I do?

If nobody knows than does anybody know a Wild Pokemon Editor for fire red that actually works.
You have to add the Wild-Pok?mon offset to your PokeRoms.ini in order to use bewildered.

Alternatively, you can edit the Wild Pok?mon by using Advance-Map.

Drake1012 said:
hey people... umm, how do u make the guy who stops u in petalburg, and takes u to the gym, take u to anudda place, i wanna make him go sumwhere else to show me the gym... but so far... BAD LUK
You have to edit his Script. ScriptED will help you with that. (It comes with EliteMap.)
See the "commands.htm" and "tutorial.htm" that are located in the EliteMap folder and the Script Database in the Tutorial forum.

manson_30 said:
I need help bad stile
i am workin on my first hack made all teh over word sprites and i am workin on teh maps on EliteMap and then some freaky sh*t happens when i try and ply the game!!!!
i cant walk anywhere that i have edited what do i DOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks plz i meed help

ye i have downloaded EliteMap and it has a program called bewildered and it wont even open all that i get is "no GBA roms in currant directory at all " how do i sort this out??
As I told you via PM already, you have to edit the movement permissions.
Click on an attribute from the "Attribute" box, then on the Tile of a Tileset you want to have that attribute on.
Now put it on your map.
It is easier to edit them with AdvanceMap though.

That means that you have to put your *.GBA roms in the same directory as the program in order to be able to open them.

smithy.boy said:
where you can change someone into a pokeball with an item, it asks whats the number of the item you want the pokeball to contain.
Could someone give me a list of the items next to there numbers?
You can find a list in your "stditems.rbh" that is located in your EliteMap folder.
You will see them listed like this:
Code:
#define ITEM_MASTERBALL        0x1
As you see it tells you the Name (Masterball) and the number in hex. (Remember to add a 00 at the end. 1 will become 0100, 2 will become 0200 and 2D will become 2D00.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2007
When I use PET and change pokemon and click save I see this error :

Run-time error '53':
File not found 'pics/pkmn-16E.bmp'

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Looks like your Pok?mon pictures are missing.
Open RSBall and dump the Pok?mon pictures.

If you don't need Pok?mon pictures, just click on "Options"->"Show as text" to show the Pok?mon names in a Dropdown list.

Arken Daemon

Machoke!!!!
Years
I did and wat!

I tried advance map and all I get are different errors like (I/O error 87);(File access denied); and the weird one ;(access violation at address 0047C6C4 in module "ADVANCEMAP.EXE" Read of address FA501217)
and wat the heal is pokewatever.ini help me!

jojotjuh

I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!
Years
need help with something.

Hi, I have a question.
In the starting you get a pok?dex, how can i make it a national dex?
because i am making a hack of pkmn FIRERED were you can catch missingno wich transforms into a gold pokemon (unown) but it stops cause i have not the national dex.
what must I edit (script or else) to get a national dex instead of a normal pok?dex in the beginning?
thanks for anhy help
p.s. when you catch it (missingno) and buy something in the mart, you will turn into a old woman and then the game crashes

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
sorry scizz... i meant whats the offset for birch in emerald:S
and some more questions lol
1.how exactly do i change the tiledata of the emerald screen???
2.is it possible to add new pokemon to the game without removing old 1s?
3.in a hex editor, what is the offset for the zigzagoon that chases birch arounds battle? cuz i wanna change it to a rattata.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
-_-; question

okok this is a noob qustion. how do i play roms? which program? i think its VBA and if so how do i put it on the VBA? thx

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
visual boy advance... open it up and press open... select the .gba rom and there u go!

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
Anyone knows:
where are the offests of the wild pokemon
how to edit music
the arrangement of the kanto dex?
(ALL are in Fire Red only.)

Last edited:

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Question About Flags

When you use a set a flag in script editor, how do you know you aren't using the flag number of another event and are messing up that event's flags etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back