• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team reborn

Should Spongebob sqaure pants be a rival?

• No doubt about it!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, but not a constant rival.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Maybe one encounter.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Not at all are you stupid?

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
M.L already stated that the Pokeflute would be needed in order to remove the Snorlax's. I kinda assume that he has something planned for that already.

Seven, how's this sound: You and I come up with a list of different area's, and work on events/sub-quests within them. Either split them up or work together to make something we can both present to M.L. Feel free to take the opening event that the hack still needs man, btw. ;)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Well as soon as that is done i will get The_unforgiven to start scripting :) haha
@◘•EmperiuM•◘ i would like to see proof first before i accept for now your on hold.

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
So, the Professor you're looking for is at a lake near the second town? Because the description you have in the story summary is a little confusing.

*EDIT*
Two other things - do you have the starters set, or are you still trying to figure them out? Not that it's really that important for a plot writer, but I'm curious. And what generation are we working with?
Because, if the Professor has visited a Volcano, a Swamp, and a lake, the pokemon he would have with him (if he caught pokemon during that excursion, which feels likely taking the circumstances of the plot, at that time, into consideration) would have to have certain typings. For example, to me, 'Volcano' says that the fire starter (if you plan to follow the fire/water/grass pattern) would either be full fire or have a rock or ground subtyping, 'Swamp'; the grass starter would have Water, or maybe ground (if a grass/ground pokemon even exists) subtype; and at the Lake, well... that implies to me that it could very well be any of the water types that exist, really.

Again, not that this is important to a plot developer/writer.

-----

Alright - I've been doing some thinking, and this is what I've come up with for the forest event. Can't say how the meeting with the Professor would go, but I was thinking only about the forest at the time.

When you're navigating the forest that first time, you probably won't have pokemon - that's why you're risking the forest to get to the professor, right?

For an event, and the introduction of one of the evil teams, you come across the grunts; perhaps as they're managing their cargo. But before they notice you, a trainer charges in from the opposite side of the clearing (if there is one)
I was thinking that perhaps this trainer winds up being a rival, that maybe he's trying to getting something form the grunts - maybe they stole something important to him - but either way, he wants something the grunts have.

This can work as a distraction for the player, allowing them to pass without having to write around fighting, as you have no pokemon to fight with. You could have it so that the grunts notice you, and by extension the other trainer, who refuses to let them change the subject - perhaps he's bent on beating them, and confident that he will beat them and get the thing he wants; he doesn't think you, a pokemon-less little girl/boy, are important.
Here, there could be a script that forces the player to run away, forwards (or whatever direction moves you further in) and out of the cargo-filled clearing - another script could be placed to prevent the re-entry of the clearing.

I was thinking that the forest exit could let out in a route leading away from the second town, perhaps a shorter route, with little to no grass, that leads to the lake the professor is at - like the trail to Lake Verity in the D/P/P gen.

When you get back to the clearing the grunts were at, you could either have it so the grunts are just finishing trainer off, or that you come in after he's already been beaten, and are taunting him about how weak he is, or something.
They notice you, some banter is tossed about (maybe some from the Trainer, possibly proclaiming that you are gonna get flattened, as he got beaten and was a trainer long before you were?)
You fight, you win, and maybe you talk with Trainer about how you beat them, that you're really good for someone so new to such a thing? Afterwards, perhaps the Legend you mentioned shows up. The two of you look at it, it lingers for a few moments, then leaves.
I'm not sure what relevance this would have in the game, but it might be a way for Trainer to show up again - perhaps he's never seen that pokemon before in his (or her) life, want to hunt it down. You could re-encounter him multiple times throughout the game.

Granted, this makes the Trainer very similar to Eusine from G/S/C, but I'm still uncertain about how else to get him to show up multiple times.

But, do you like the idea? It doesn't feel too far-fetched to me, not too out-there.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Sorry to the story makers but im doing a little redo so i would like to ask if soul saint can redo a nice into thing (you know how you get your poke all that)

and if Ettadara can do the ongoing events (how he gets the running shoes and the map (pokenav)

ect so its all up to you guys i will base my maps around the story :) be creative and good luck.

Guys new tiles are basically in here they are tell me what you think and this is now Officially what your working with

route_one_with_new_tiles_by_mllm-d4ikrmt.png

Last edited:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I can do that. Though I really have to ask one thing; why have grass you can't reach? You could place someone there that could be hiding, a market person handing out a free sample, even an old guy with some useful starting information about the next town or the town with the first gym. Or just give out an old rumor of an abandoned cabin some where in the woods.(Can have the next town be surrounded by the forest with three other directions - Like Saffron City) In one of the other area's of the forest could be the cabin, which the player would find either after the first gym or before it.

[Intro to gain their Pokemon]
When the player is choosing their name, you can have a selection screen of some sort come up. This is where the player can choose what they'd like as a starter. When they've chosen this option you can move onto naming a rival or friend. Maybe just save that for when they come into the storyline themselves. Here's the intro:

The players Uncle came to town just a week earlier to visit his brother and Sister-in-law. Upon hearing how one side of the town has been blocked off, either he can already know his nephew/nieces desire to be in the paper or he catches them just before the player leaves town, finding out then after a brief discussion on what and why they wish to go to another town. From there the Uncle offers to help them out with capturing their first Pokemon and they both walk into the forest. At some spot in the grass you can have the encounter set up where either the player or the Uncle are capturing it. Just have like a commentary on how to catch the Pokemon, given by the Uncle.

Now that the player has their starter they can head off to the next town on their own. The Uncle may hand over an extra potion or even a repel for them to use, while he goes back to the house to explain to the players parents why he wouldn't be back until later that day. The goal of the player would be to find help or something to get rid of the Snorlax. Maybe the first town directs him to some shop in another town? Or the he'll find his answers inside the abandoned cabin...? Depending on your preference, M.L, decides where the player goes next. Depending on when the player gains a Pokenav, you could have it scripted that they get a call from their mom or call home after they receive one. To let the folks know they're fine. In the case the mother calls it's to find out what's going on, etc.

For now I'd like to not put in the Team so early. Rumors can be passed around in the first town, but I would like to elaborate more on what they do and how they do it. Simply stumbling upon them in a forest they're in and defeating them with a new Pokemon...seems kinda bad for an introduction to any antagonist group. Rumors could be pointed at thefts/kidnappings/etc across the region or within the town/village/city itself. Clue's can be left behind that the player follows or that helps them find something out for later/soon after finding the clue('s). Personal opinion there - Just not a fan of grunts being so easy to beat. Once the player has like lvl 20 Pokemon, maybe then introduce the/a team they meet. *Shrug* Can introduce other characters/rivals this way too.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I love it but im sorry to say but i ment for you to come up with a bran new story line bit as that story line i wrote was dodgey and out of place

do you not have skype or msn or somthing like that so it would be easier to discuss this stiff if you have msn add me

[email protected]
or skype
mikeyburton12

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I'll PM you my Skype. As for the storyline, I can do that. I'll post it today or tomorrow. Depends on when I finish some personal work.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
No wait i want to talk to you on skype about it that way we can make it work better.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Add me or send me your name and we can talk now

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Bit busy multitasking. Doing some stuff on here and also in RL. Maybe in an hour or two?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Ohk update the tiles (region) are done
a few other asm stuff is being done
the intro scene and dialog is done
scripts are not done

and on another note we have a co-leader.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Bump :) sorry guys this is dying and non of you have inputed soul saint me and jabbo are the only people who have done somthing so far please i shall contact the member is you arnt active without a reason i shall have no choice but to kick you i understand isf its school or family or just having general issues.

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
I can be a mapper and/or writer. History: well, i got nothin. jk, iv actually made a few hacks, but i just never released them. iv also got loads of ideas that could make this/ any hack one of the top dogs. also, i have alot of free time to work on anything else.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hmm do you have proof for me mate

also guys im off for a week on holiday so this hack is ganna be on pause its not dead and its just paused for a week :)

maxj2009

Story writing Genius!
Years
sure, but it might take a while. i threw away all of my old roms. i gotta go recycle bin-diving.

EDIT: Gah! its all gone! on second thought, ill just create a home town based off of the story line. the problem is that you guys have different tiles than me, so ill use emerald tiles instead.

EDIT 2: well... that didnt work, lol. how about a writer? im creative in that aspect...

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Ohk guys im restarting on Firered as ruby is very limited we are using JPANS engine :) so please i still need spriters and scripters and then we are good mappers too xD

SuperLaluigi

Back after a long break
Years
Name:SneakyLuigi(my real user name is SuperLaluigi but you can call me that)
Skills:I am sometimes good at mapping but i am asome at edditing pokemon so i rather be a legendary pokemon editor
Proof:I Have Beed Hacking Since January 2011 But I did Not Join Pokecommunity That Time I joined Pokecommunity At November twenty something so i cant post links and i dont know to to post picters so i cant show any proof but after i edit some legendarys i will post you the rom one question if someone pick pokemon editing do they also have to show proof?
Contact (here or pm):pm
Dedication:95.5% monday january 9:85.5% because went to university for cople of years and for this week january 1-9 i have vacation

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Ohk if i can see proof i shall see if your in or not.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Name:SneakyLuigi(my real user name is SuperLaluigi but you can call me that)
Skills:I am sometimes good at mapping but i am asome at edditing pokemon so i rather be a legendary pokemon editor
Proof:I Have Beed Hacking Since January 2011 But I did Not Join Pokecommunity That Time I joined Pokecommunity At November twenty something so i cant post links and i dont know to to post picters so i cant show any proof but after i edit some legendarys i will post you the rom one question if someone pick pokemon editing do they also have to show proof?
Contact (here or pm):pm
Dedication:95.5% monday january 9:85.5% because went to university for cople of years and for this week january 1-9 i have vacation

Upload a picture to Photobucket or some such. You can use the img link it gives you to put on here. Put the link in between these "[ img ][ / img ]", no spaces.

Do that correctly and you get this ribbon:
Spoiler:

Back