• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Claw fossil or Root fossil

Claw fossil or Root fossil

• Claw fossil (Anorith)

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Root fossil (Lileep)

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
Years
While Cradily is usually a pretty good defensive Pokemon, I generally take the Claw Fossil which yields Anorith/Armaldo. Armaldo only trails a handful of non-legendary Pokemon in its Attack stat up to its introduction, and its few weaknesses and decent movepool always made it one of my better Pokemon in Hoenn.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Claw Fossil over Root Fossil any time. Although Cradily is one bulky Pokemon, Anorith/Armaldo looks so much cooler than Cradily, and its high Attack stat puts it in a great advantage along with a much better movepool. I personally don't favour Grass-types, but that's just me lol.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
Claw Fossil for sure. I always thought Anorith and Armaldo were pretty cool and I don't care for Lileep and Cradily's design, although, I haven't used them in battle.

Years
Claw fossil, for me. The RSE fossil Pokémon look really cool, though I've never really used either (but if I were to use one, it'd be Anorith/Armaldo, for sure). Though Lileep/Cradily would probably be pretty decent if it had the right moves! I just prefer the fact that Armaldo is clearly better for attacking and stuff. :P

blue

gucci
Years
Difficult, I used to prefer Cradily back when I was playing RSE but since playing Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky I've warmed to Armaldo now too. I think it's pretty level but I'll vote for Cradily because I did use it in one of my first playthroughs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I always go claw. I've never used either yet (tried for about 5 minutes, didn't like it), but if I was going to use one it would be Armaldo. Cradily's just...freaky. And way to ineffective offensively. I can use slow pokémon but they have to have some power, I'm not much of a wall type in-game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Cradily a lot more, so even if I don't end up using either of them, I tend to pick the Root Fossil.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I've done research this time regarding which fossil to pick and I chose the Root fossil because Cradily is the type of Pokemon I like, one that can be considered an "annoyer" and I love to torment my opponents with Cradily's moveset >=]

:t354:TG

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
Years
While Anorith comes with the claw Fossil and looks cool when evolved, i prefer Lileep because when it evolves there is hardly any weaknesses for it and if combine Ingrain with Giga-Drain, you have a deadly undersea Pokemon

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
When I was young, I would always get Cradily, and my brother would get Armaldo. Then we would breed and trade so we had both. I guess I have always liked grass more than bug. Too bad Cradily was barely a grass type back then.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
While I usually pick offense over defense, I've always liked Cradily more than Armaldo. They're both pretty cool looking Pokemon, but Cradily has a slight edge in appearance and I really like it's unique typing too.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
i'm going with the claw fossil. i never really used either of them, but lileep and cradily are just creepy-looking. and armaldo is awesome-looking and can hit for a lot of damage! a glass cannon (high attack, low defense) pokemon is better than a stone wall (high defense, low attack and/or speed) pokemon, in my opinion.

Years
I picked the Root Fossil when I played Ruby, probably cos I liked the Lileep line's design better than the Anorith line. Also, I do love Grass-types more than Bug-types.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
I think the claw fossil is definitely cooler than the root fossil.

Back