• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Nintendo Direct Mini 1/11/2018

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

List of announcements
-The World Ends with You Remixed on Nintendo Switch. The classic is back with a new control option
-New Battle Pokémon in Pokkén Tournament™ DX DLC Find out who shows up this time!
-New Abilities for Kirby and His Friends in Kirby™ Star Allies!
-The Ultimate Version of Hyrule Warriors is coming to Nintendo Switch!
-Mario Tennis™ Aces Serves Up a Story Only on Nintendo Switch
-Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on Nintendo Switch Now you can play on your TV or on the go!
-Break Out the Balloons: Free Update Incoming! Find Luigi—and balloons—in Super Mario Odyssey
-Face Off in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy With fan-favorite characters on Nintendo Switch
-New Character in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle You'll go bananas over this one!
-PAYDAY 2 Character Premiering on Nintendo Switch Plus, local play with CRIME.NET
- 2 indie titles
-Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze Switch Port
-Dark Souls™: Remastered

Thoughts? I think seeing TWEWY again after all this time has got to be the biggest surprise; they mentioned that a new scenario is being added as well.

A lot of ports and remasters and not much new aside from a Mario Tennis game.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Kirby, Mario Tennis, and Tropical Freeze will all be mine.

Funny, seems like this is the year of the tennis games. Mario Tennis makes three, the other two being realistic games.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Man this was amazing, and then FFXII was announced for steam xD
Here we go anyways:

-The World Ends with You Remixed on Nintendo Switch. The classic is back with a new control option
YES. Always wanted this game
-New Battle Pokémon in Pokkén Tournament™ DX DLC Find out who shows up this time!
I still need to get Pokken, but this is fine.
-New Abilities for Kirby and His Friends in Kirby™ Star Allies!
Not a huge kirby fan but I *might* check it out...
-The Ultimate Version of Hyrule Warriors is coming to Nintendo Switch!
YES. I have it on 3ds but I don't have the dlc, and I'd really like it on switch :p
-Mario Tennis™ Aces Serves Up a Story Only on Nintendo Switch
Not a huge fan of sports games, but a Mario sports game? With a story? Maybe.
-Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on Nintendo Switch Now you can play on your TV or on the go!
Idk, I'll probably get it on steam instead. Might get it on switch if it's really really good (which it probably will be xD)
-Break Out the Balloons: Free Update Incoming! Find Luigi—and balloons—in Super Mario Odyssey
Not sure how much playtime I'd put into this, but it's certainly not a bad addition. And 3 new costumes! yay!
-Face Off in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy With fan-favorite characters on Nintendo Switch
My family would totally judge me if I got this... but it's probably worth it
-New Character in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle You'll go bananas over this one!
Again, don't have this yet, but once I get it I'll get the dlc too..
-PAYDAY 2 Character Premiering on Nintendo Switch Plus, local play with CRIME.NET
Meh.
- 2 indie titles
Meh.
-Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze Switch Port
Ehhhhh
-Dark Souls™: Remastered
Again, maybe. I haven't played dark souls, and I'll get it on PC first, but if I like it, I'll get it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
ooo

Will have to see about the price and I doubt it'll be cheap, but I'm really interested in anything TWEWY. But yeah, unless it's a really different experience from the original, I doubt I'll be getting it.

When I hear "platforming" it usually turns me off but the trailer for one of the indies (Fe) looks pretty good, I'll look into that. Considering Ys as well.

Years
TWEWY is great. Mario Tennis is great. Ys is great. Balloon boy Luigi is great. Donkey Kong port is great. Pokken stuff is okay. Kirby is okay. Hyrule Warriors is okay. Rabbids thing is okay. Dark Souls is okay. Other stuff was not.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
For those who have not played it I recommend TWEWY and I may well pick it up as I don't have a legit copy (square enix sold little of them in Australia =/). Do wonder how it transfers from dual screens to 1 in practise though...

Interested in Dark Souls, hah for free update in SMO I suppose, cautiously interested about Mario Tennis.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Only thing that really interested me was Dark Souls (never played it), but I'll probably pick up Tropical Freeze. Might get TWEWY as well since everyone seems to recommend it!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'll most likely be picking up most of these. TWEWY was great and im happy to see added material that could lead it into a sequel (which has been hinted at for some time). Seeing the Dark souls remaster has me hyped up since it means we could see more of the series ported over (bloodborne possibly?). Gotta get kirby no matter what. Ys looked good from what I'd seen and I loved Hyrule warriors on the wii u so I'll probably pick up the definitive edition for switch. Mario Tennis is exciting since I love sports games when they include story modes

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Yeah I was surprised by no FE, but those tend to get their own directs (like last years, which was amazing). I think people got their expectations a bit high for this direct tbh, a lot of people are saying 2018 is gonna be Nintendo's downfall lmao

Years
I'm looking forward to getting TWEWY, since I never got the chance to play it on my DS. Tropical freeze might be worth getting, but there are still some games that are already out that I'd rather purchase (Splatoon 2, Cave Story, Mario Kart). I'm a tad interested in Dark Souls, but I'm not too sure.

The balloon mode dlc for Odyssey is also a neat bonus.

Back