• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Unleash the Shadow

Should I continue this game?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
In this game you play as 16 year old Darren, Hiros grandson. You also play in a new region called Tiqua, which is just above Johto. Your father, Darien, died a few years ago, due to a strange pokemon disease, and it has broken your family. And a year ago your mother contracted the same disease, now you have to take care of your 10 year old brother Tim. So you work in Prof Chests lab which made you come close too three pokemon.And one day he discovers a cure for your mothers disease. But you have to get a petal of the Ancient Flower. But to get that you need to have a Temple Pass, which you can only get once you have all 8 badges. So you choose one of your three pokemon friends and set out on a journey.

Features
- can travel thru Tiqua Johto and Enrial(Johto is destroyed mess and Enrial is all Forest)
-New type Shadow
-all I'm telling about

Pictures- Umm someone tell me how too put screenshots on.

TorrentTown.jpg

CedanCity.jpg

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
looks good, just wondering if you're gonna leave the borders like that because I don't think RMXP has a ON_LEAVING_NORTH kind of teleport :x

Yuoaman

Years
Ultimate Latios said:
Looks Pretty Good But There Could Be Islands In The Sea...
well i was gonna save this for later but, there are, the Bisqual Islands. your brother is kidnapped with a bunch of pokemon and ends up there. later in the game you have to rescue him.

ps i need some help, if anyone wants to be be a part of this pm me

pps new screenie

MinetonTown.jpg

Mineton Town

ppps i have decided a side story, Team Shadow, is devoted to capturing pokemon and "leashing" them which switches the pokemon leashed with its counterpart in the Shadow world (you can go there when you unlock Johto, after you save brother) their top scientists have discovered a way to release all the Shadow pokemon by tainting the Ancient Flower, which will release Xythardow the King of Shadow pokemon, which will taint all other pokemon. Thats all so far....

Last edited:

Yuoaman

Years
[_DarkDragon_] said:
looks good, just wondering if you're gonna leave the borders like that because I don't think RMXP has a ON_LEAVING_NORTH kind of teleport :x

Meh, i understood looks good then everythin turned to blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bla....etc....

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
Years
Well that was a nice reply....
He meant are you guna leave the borders with no trees or anything to block them off, because rpgmaker xp can't make one event to teleport you to the next map for most of the border, you'll have to make loads of events.....

Simple no?

Yuoaman

Years
Chazzy said:
Well that was a nice reply....
He meant are you guna leave the borders with no trees or anything to block them off, because rpgmaker xp can't make one event to teleport you to the next map for most of the border, you'll have to make loads of events.....

Simple no?

sorry about the rudeness but i dont undertand events yet so it didnt make any sense

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
lol, you should before starting a game in RPG Maker XP, as well as RGSS (scripting language) because unless you create an event for each tile you need to restict the teleporting to other maps to one or two tiles otherwise it gets too messy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
try to make the maps a little smaller and see what your result is. It could surprise you how good maps become when you reduce the amount of space.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
Well, this looks promising, good work at what you've done so far.
Nice story, okay maps, you should add more detail though, like trees, different patches of grass, etc.

Years
well id have to say that you shouldnt make a pokemon game without being a) absolutely the best at RMXP - as in, im pretty good and you have to be twice as good as me,
or b. you have to be pretty decent and know RGSS. try making some other random small games before you do your pokemon one, as the most difficult thing is the cbs - even blizzy hasnt finished his yet XD

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
Years
That's a wee shame, he's done a good bt of it so he shouldn't give up...

Good start BTW.
You could improve on the map by adding more trees and stuff, don't make it square-like because it just makes it look un-natural.

Other than that nice work!

Yuoaman

Years
sorry to double post, but i would like to post my help
Bob5000: Town Map
Silon: Mapper
Jeff_PKLight: Mapper

Yuoaman

Years
i won't need beta testers for a while but youre on the list
(also, im a great speller i just like to be quick so the games spelling will be near perfect)

Yuoaman

Years
i am almost done the re-dos of the maps, but i was wondering if anyone has the tilesets for inside a house?

Back