• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Monster Sanctuary - Demo is out!

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Holy moly, this looks absolutely awesome from every point of view!

I'm definitely going to be looking forward to this game. Best wishes to you!

Years
Story, Savegames & Test Phase

I've mostly worked on story, dialogues & events recently.
I've also added an intro to the game:
l7HAte9.gif

Another rather important but not most exciting feature i've added were the savegames
- now i don't have to restart from the beginning when i test something ;)
JeksStN.gif

Another feature i added is an Buff/Debuff overview layer that you can blend in,
to see the description of all active buffs/debuffs or the ones of the currently selected action.
YGCyYkC.gif

As a bonus here is a Gif montage that shows off different features of the game
DIbMrsv.gif

Looking for Testers
People who follow me on Facebook or twitter might already know,
i just recently created a discord channel and invited people who want to Test the game!
I plan to start testing this weekend and have a couple of week test phase before i release a public demo.

If people from here also want to participate testing, you can join the discord channel here:
https://discord.gg/C9T7Ven
Everyone who'll rather wait for the actual demo, is still welcome to join the discord channel :)

Last edited:
Years
Wow, blown away by this. The UI looks as professional as it possibly can, the running animations are seamless, it all just looks incredibly polished. You've got a lot of talent, and coming from a Unity developer myself, I have to respect how much work this must have taken. Really outstanding work.

Years
if you ever release this fantastic game is it gonna be pay or free i'd probably buy it anyways and also when might the game actually come out like fully.

Years
Full release is still far away. I'm planning to do a Kickstarter in September, that would allow me to work on it Full time and get stuff done faster :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 15, 2019
I've just finished the demo and i must say that this game is absolutely amazing ! You did a great job and it's even more impressive since you did all of it by yourself !!!

First of all, i was really surprised by how much content was available in the demo, i was expecting far less and it has been a great surprise to be able to play for several hours.

The game itself is great, I love the idea of a tree skill for each monster, it really makes each of them unique. Moreover, their designs are great, i don't know if they will be able to evolve or something but that could be fun too.
The fights are interesting without being to easy and it's actually quite a challenge to have 5 stars against the bosses to gain their eggs.
I'm also really curious to see where the story is going, because obviously we didn't get a lot of information in this demo.

The only little problm i have at the moment, which is really a detail is the design of our hero that i am not a fan of, it would maybe be nice to be able to change clothes that could possibly also give some bonus and/or malus to our monsters.

Finally I didn't encounter any bug whatsoever, which was really great.

I'll give this demo a solid 9.9/10 and if you do a kickstarter for the game in the future you can count me in for sure !

Thank you for your hard work !

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This is a pretty sweet game, I downloaded the demo on steam and tried it out. Not sure if its due to this being a demo or not but I cant find the two guys who ran into the blue cave. If thats where the demo ends, congrats, as I want more asap lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Oh man I didn't even notice the demo came out. I'm going to try it tomorrow and write up my feedback

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
It looks so good! Everything is so smooth, polished and made with so much love! Monsters look great, starters are also wonderful+_+

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I finished the demo last night and I have to say I instantly fell in love with it. The monsters all all so cute and really feel unique, even when some use the same skills.

I do have two little nitpicks though. First of all, the weakness/resistance images are confusing. When weak to water for example, it shows a droplet and downward arrow. If it didn't mention "Weakness" specifically, I'd have interpreted it as if water type power would be reduced. The exact opposite of what it is supposed to tell me.
Secondly, I personally find the crafting system a bit... random. I do like the idea of using monster drops to upgrade your equipment. However, it strikes me a bit odd you need a gem to upgrade a mace, to name something. And what's more, it specifically needs one type of gem, the others wouldn't work. I understand that this is just a demo version, so I have no idea what you've planned to do with the system in the future, but it would be great to see it maybe a bit more expanded or streamlined in the future in a way you can easily guess which type of materials you'd need to upgrade a certain item.
Just a bit food for thought here, I hope it's helpful to you!

But seriously, those two things aside, the game looks pretty solid to me for what I've seen so far. I'm still amazed this is a one-man project, as the art and music are just as amazing as anything else. Keep up the great work! ^^

Years
Thanks for the Feedback!

@looneyman1 - no you can progress further in the cave, maybe you need to look around a bit :p

@Lycanthropy - think of them as magical equipment :) And i'm reworking a bit the weakness/resistance signs right now

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
yeah I figured it out a few days ago XP I cant wait to see more of this game

Back