• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
@Kotowari
Gohma is definitely one of the easiest bosses of all. I don't think she even takes 5 minutes. I'd give her 3 minutes at the most.

@Olli97 I say that you should stick to the games, I've read most of the Zelda mangas, and personally, I think that they cut out the best parts of the games. A good example of that would be the Majora's Mask manga. They cut off the Stone Tower Temple, the Ikana Castle, and Captain Keeta, and those were definitely the best and most mysterious parts of the game!
As for the cartoon, uh.. yeah, I'd stay away to that too.

@Everyone
Sssoo.. CD-I Zelda, anyone? :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can kill Gohma quicker in OoT with Deku sticks. :D And @ CD-i comment...OH BOY! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos! Squadillah!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Really now? |D; I should try that at some point, but first Skyward Sword Hero Mode. Talking about Skyward Sword, anyone laughed in the Sand Ship when Fi said "to take the necessary preperations" before battling Tentalus?

There was nothing to prepare. BT
All that was left was 2 square meters of wood, without a bird statue and without any healing methods. |D;
I also thought it was quite funny when she said "I suggest looking for a flame" in Eldin Volcano's hottest part.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Fiiii <3 I thought she was alright at first but then towards the end I really started to like her! I finally finished Skyward Sword a while ago with a time of 52:52, thought that was pretty cool!

Guys this can't die ;; idk a new topic didn't seem to help last time but..
For the next Zelda installment, do you think it will be a remake (of which game for what platform?) or a completely new game (for which platform? What do you think they will include?)

I think that they miight make a remake for the 3DS, then a new game for the Wii U. I'm really not sure. It would be cool to see a came that was previously 2D come to life in a 3DS game such as A Link to the Past or any of the other Zelda games. I have no idea what they would include for a new game, haha!

Last edited:

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
A LOZ fanclub? I AM SO IN!!! Please let me join ^-^

Username: Psystar63, or Star...
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's mask, then Twilight Princess. What I liked about the most in those two games was the form changing. But I like Majora's Mask more because...well... as many have pointed out, it's pretty much the black sheep of the Zelda franchise. Plus I also like hearing all the weird theories about it (makes it even more creepier to think that that CREEPY Happy Mask Salesman guy is haunting me...o_O)
And Fierce Deity/OniLink rocks my world! :P :D
Triforce Section: Wisdom. It seems to fit me better than Power or Courage.

I think there'll be another remake on the 3DS. Personally, if they do a remake, I really hope they do Majora's Mask. Sure, it's my favourite game, but I really want to see how they would remake it. And I also want to see FD Link in 3D!!
But to have the Happy Mask Salesman in 3D as well??? ....OoO. *shudder*
BEN DROWNED IN 3D!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Welcome to the club, Psystar63!

I think there are rumors that Nintendo's planning a remake of either aLttP or Majora's mask, and apparently they let the fans choose. I'm not sure about every detail, but that's what I heard. I also heard they are working an completely new Zelda, which would take less development time than Skyward Sword.
So, the order is most likely "3D remake", "completely new game".

I have a question a well:
What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?
Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >

Psystar63

Years
Welcome to the club, Psystar63!

I think there are rumors that Nintendo's planning a remake of either aLttP or Majora's mask, and apparently they let the fans choose. I'm not sure about every detail, but that's what I heard. I also heard they are working an completely new Zelda, which would take less development time than Skyward Sword.
So, the order is most likely "3D remake", "completely new game".

I have a question a well:
What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?
Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >

Thanks Kotowari! I've heard a similar rumour like that. Have you seen the (supposed) E3 trailer for Majora's Mask on the Wii U. Personally, I'd prefer they remake Majora's Mask on the 3DS. If they do let the fans choose, then they should also let the fans choose what system the remake should be on. They usually come out with a new Zelda game every 3 or 4 years, so yeah, "remake first" and then "new game".

As for your topic. My favourite area would have to be Lake Hylia. The music there is just so lovely (especially in TP). And the view is just beautiful, especially from above:

OcarinaOfTimeHydrophobia.jpg

Plus, have you seen what Lake Hylia looks like underneath? :D

OcarinaOfTimeUndergroundLink2.jpg

My other favourite would have to be Hyrule field. When you first see it in Ocarina of Time, you're just overwhelmed by how vast it is. Nothing beats spending hours wandering around the field, just exploring everywhere you can. Plus the music there is great. It really puts you in the mood to explore!

OcarinaOfTimeUnderZorasIceHighHorse.jpg
OcarinaOfTimePoeLink1.jpg
File:OcarinaOfTimePoeLink2.jpg
OcarinaOfTimeNoZTrigger.jpg

Of course it can get tiring exploring all of Hyrule Field without Epona...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Username: Hamako-chan
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time then Majora's Mask then Skyward Sword
Triforce Section: Wisdom
What is your favorite character, and why? Link, because his the one running around saving the world from Ganon, Giant Laughing Moons and monsters!
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? Ocarina of Time or Fairy Ocarina. They were in my first Legend of Zelda game I played which was 'Ocarina of Time'. I loved solving puzzles by just taking out your Ocarina and playing the correct song, when I get it right, I feel soooo smart xD (This was when I was 9-11 years old).
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Navi, most awesome 'LISTEN! LOOKOUT!'
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?Um.. Last Boss in Skyward Sword is probably the hardest for me (I didn't even beat him yet :( )

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Welcome to the club Hamako-chan. : >
Strategy to beat Demise
Spoiler:

I'm playing the hero mode in Skyward Sword now... and for some reason I can't beat most bosses in one try. I have to try really hard and I GO quite soon. But on the second try, I beat them with ease, loosing barely any health at all. :V While doing the exact same thing as before.

If you mean this video, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. I have indeed seen the video before, when the poll was made to decide MM or aLttP. As far as I remember, this was a fanmade trailer. It would have been odd they could show this in the poll when there would already be a trailer, no?

Oh, lol, you and your glitch pictures. |D
But I agree, Lake Hylia and Hyrule field are amazing places. I loved riding Epona through Hyrule field in TP. The music that goes with it is just brillant.

My favourite places, however, differ a little.
For Twilight Princess it's Snowpeak Mountain
Snowpeak_Top.png

Besides being a fan of anything mountainous (I love them |3), I think the atmosphere of Snowpeak has something magical. I love the music. It's seemingly so simple, yet it perfectly manages to capture the eery, desolate, cold feeling that radiates from the snow-covered slopes of Hyrule's northern mountain chain. And besides that, it still has an undertone of beauty.
Snowpeak Mountain also houses my favourite (TP) monsters: the White Wolfos. They're graceful and deadly. Playful and mysterious. I don't see them as real monsters, but mostly a pack trying to protect their habitat. I would have loved to see a minigame involving them. There aren't many minigames you can do as a Wolf, and a racing game against the Wolfos would have been perfect. During one of my play-throughs, I had some fun with two Wolfos who tend to get stuck against the wall (small glitch?) over and over again. They started to live a life of their own in my head.

Also, it holds my favourite Temple in TP. ;3

My second favourite area is the Lanayru province-to-be (let's call it that) in Skyward Sword. I don't like the Lanayru Mining Facility very much (the music drives me crazy XD; ) but I love the environment. I love the concept of the passing of time, the integration of past, present and future.

10_lanayru-desert.jpg

I love running around the desert trying to find new treasures. And I like the music as well. I think it catches teh mood of passing of time perfectly.

Spoiler:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Totally joining this! :)

Username:
LividZephyr
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time. Easily. Twilight Princess is probably next, then Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Not too fond of Skyward Bored.
What is your favorite character, and why? Favorite characters are so hard to decide. I'd probably go with Midna overall. Or Tetra in Wind Waker.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? The Ocarina of Time. It's nostalgic for me and what I grew up with. I wanted my own. A cousin of mine (RIP :'() showed me his actual ocarina and it was pretty neat.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Midna. She's hilarious and not at all annoying. She also has actual development and is pretty hardcore, too.
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda? To me, Link is always pretty much the same, but I like his design best in Twilight Princess. Zelda in TP easily has the best design, but Tetra in Wind Waker was just too awesome. Seriously, what a badass. What little I saw of Zelda in the first half of Skyward Bored was great. A lot of personality in that one. Too bad I found the game itself a chore.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? I haven't struggled with a Zelda boss in a long, long time. I always bring a fairy with me and one is enough. Gyorg in WW does cause a lot of damage if you let him get you, and some fights in TP can be easy to struggle with.

For my favorite bosses, it's a pretty common answer, but Goht and Stallord. So much fun. Both of 'em.

Psystar63

Years
Welcome to the club Hamako-chan. : >
Strategy to beat Demise
Spoiler:

I'm playing the hero mode in Skyward Sword now... and for some reason I can't beat most bosses in one try. I have to try really hard and I GO quite soon. But on the second try, I beat them with ease, loosing barely any health at all. :V While doing the exact same thing as before.

If you mean this video, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. I have indeed seen the video before, when the poll was made to decide MM or aLttP. As far as I remember, this was a fanmade trailer. It would have been odd they could show this in the poll when there would already be a trailer, no?

Oh, lol, you and your glitch pictures. |D
But I agree, Lake Hylia and Hyrule field are amazing places. I loved riding Epona through Hyrule field in TP. The music that goes with it is just brillant.

My favourite places, however, differ a little.
For Twilight Princess it's Snowpeak Mountain
Snowpeak_Top.png

Besides being a fan of anything mountainous (I love them |3), I think the atmosphere of Snowpeak has something magical. I love the music. It's seemingly so simple, yet it perfectly manages to capture the eery, desolate, cold feeling that radiates from the snow-covered slopes of Hyrule's northern mountain chain. And besides that, it still has an undertone of beauty.
Snowpeak Mountain also houses my favourite (TP) monsters: the White Wolfos. They're graceful and deadly. Playful and mysterious. I don't see them as real monsters, but mostly a pack trying to protect their habitat. I would have loved to see a minigame involving them. There aren't many minigames you can do as a Wolf, and a racing game against the Wolfos would have been perfect. During one of my play-throughs, I had some fun with two Wolfos who tend to get stuck against the wall (small glitch?) over and over again. They started to live a life of their own in my head.

Also, it holds my favourite Temple in TP. ;3

My second favourite area is the Lanayru province-to-be (let's call it that) in Skyward Sword. I don't like the Lanayru Mining Facility very much (the music drives me crazy XD; ) but I love the environment. I love the concept of the passing of time, the integration of past, present and future.

10_lanayru-desert.jpg

I love running around the desert trying to find new treasures. And I like the music as well. I think it catches teh mood of passing of time perfectly.

Spoiler:

Demise was pretty easy the first time I fought him, though I did have to use up a few potions. I completely forgot I had a shield and didn't shield bash his attacks back... :P
I haven't played through all of Hero mode yet. I accidently deleted my Hero mode save file, and so I had to start all over again.

Yeah, I know the trailer was fanmade, though you have to admit that for a moment you wish it weren't (but that could just be me really wanting a MM remake). I did find it odd that the fanmade trailer advertised the remake for Wii-U. Plus the graphics didn't really feel like Nintendo, you know what I mean?

Man I love those glitches :D
I do like Snowpeak in TP. I'm a fan of cold snowy places, and Snowpeak was just so beautiful. The view is just incredible when you stop and have a good look around, especially at the peak. The music was so soft and quiet, and it went well with the atmosphere.
Lanayru province was cool. I liked how much it changes from past to present, from being a lovely green area to a vast desert. I liked the Sand sea as well for the same reasons, plus that whole level had a real Wind Waker vibe to it.

If I may add to my answer- Another area that I love is The sky in SS. It's pretty much Hyrule Field in the sky, but I absolutely love it. The view is just spectacular, and the music works so well. It really captures the mood of flying through the vastness of the sky. Riding my Loftwing through the clouds is so much fun, travelling from island to island. And then jumping off and sky-diving... it's all just so amazing.
And trolling Groose in the Wing Ceremony is fun too! XD

Wii_ZeldaSS_3_scrn06_E3.png

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Username: TRIFORCE89
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask
Triforce Section: Wisdom and Courage?

So, this year I've been trying to (re)play through all the Zelda games. Been a slow process due to school and work and stuff. So far I've done: SS, OoT3DMQ, MM, TP, TWW, and PH. Working on ST right now.

ST is as slow as I remember :(

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Uh, guess I'll join. Why not?

Spoiler:

Anyone else waiting for Sequelitis Zelda from Egoraptor? Anyone here know what I'm talking about? No? Okay. :(

If you want, you can look it up, if you like some in-depth gaming analysis of game sequels.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Username: Limanya
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: Wisdom!!!

What is your favorite character, and why?: Saria probably. She's awesome.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?: Sprit flute! :D
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.): Fi, even though i haven't played SS :B
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?: Link...probably the OOT one. For Zelda i'd choose the Spirit Tracks version.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?: I beat Morpha the first time without taking damage. Standing in the corner helps! Fraaz though is really really REALLY hard. AND HE'S ONLY THE SECOND BOSS!

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Username: IceFyr1928 (you may call me Ice...)
Favorite LoZ game: MAJORA'S MASK!!! Followed extremely closely by Twilight Princess.
Triforce Section: Wisdom, sir

What is your favorite character, and why?
Groose. Not only is he aloof, but he plays it quite hilariously. His hair style seals the deal. I mean, how much gel must that take?

What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
While the harp is quite an interesting mechanism, my vote goes for the Zoran Guitar. I occasionally pull it out just to jam out on it.

Who is your favorite partner?
NO... Midna cuts it close, but still, they have yet to make a non-annoying partner.

Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?
Link? 8-bit style. Back when you had no clue what to do without a guide. Zelda? Skyward sword. Me gusta...

Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?
Horsehead. Hands down the hardest boss I've fought. (Haven't got much farther than death mountain on that game...) The easiest, and the most fun, however, was Volvagia. Were it possible, I'd fight him thrice over and then some.

Years
Username: Username: Ðelta
Favorite LoZ game: Wind Waker

What is your favorite character, and why?: Either Tetra or Tingle. Probably Tetra, but Tingle is awesome in a bizarre way.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?: The horse whistle grass in TP Probably the Wind Waker.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.): Midna or The King of Red Lions
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?: WW/PH/ST Link, Twilight Princess Zelda.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?: Ganon and Gohma respectively, nothing special or different, unfortunately.

The only Zelda game I haven't played yet is Skyward Sword, although I've watched a good amount of the game on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back