• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen TMs!

blue

gucci
Years
An idea for a TM could be some sort of Thunderstorm which could also tie in as a Weather Condition. The user summons a Thunderstorm which increases the power of Electric moves and has a 25% chance of causing paralysis to non-electric/ground type Pokemon.

Years
I don't think I personally need more TMs, perhaps just different TMs. There are already like 100 to get and I'd hope that number doesn't get too high.

Unlimited use though is a great idea and I hope they keep it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I hope they do, since there are lots of TMs that they could replace with good moves! I hope they make them easier to find, one thing that I liked about the broken TMs is that you could find at least one copy easily. In BW they mostly saved all the useful ones for Victory Road or even postgame which kind of defeated the point imo. And the TMs we could buy were kind of expensive. (wasn't that hard to get $, but still, expensive enough imo)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think there'll be plenty of new TMs, mainly new moves and stuff as well the old ones from Generation V. I'm guessing that they're going to have over 200 TMs in total.

And I think they'll have unlimited uses of them as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You know, I could see the number of TMs increasing. Maybe not too much though. Maybe we'll finally hit 100, but I don't see there being more than that.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I hope there are new moves but not too many and I do hope they're reusable, I say more Dark type moves (I've been saying alot about dark-types on this forum, I just feel we need more idk why, but it looking like France to me makes me think Dark-types. xD)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I don't really care about what moves will become/remain a TM, I just hope that the good ones like Ice Beam/Blizzard, Thunder/Thunderbolt etc, will stay one. But most of all, I wish for the unlimited used to stay. In the past generations, I never really used a TM... partially out of fear that I'd regret it once I found a stronger/better Pokémon that needed it more than the one I just thought it to. In BW I could finally start teaching some of my favourite moves without worrying about that. I also wouldn't mind if HMs would become forgetable. >_>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You know, I could see the number of TMs increasing. Maybe not too much though. Maybe we'll finally hit 100, but I don't see there being more than that.

Yeah with over 700 Pokemon, having TMs around 100 would make sense, although logically with 700 mons it would be higher. XD;

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Bring back double-Edge! Iv had to transfer from gen. III to gen.V.5 (b2) and breed just so my crazy suicide pidgeot (double-edge, brave bird fly and hurricane) can be at its full potential oh and now i think about it brave bird 2 for pokemon that deserve it (like SKARMORY)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I found reusable TMs to be incredibly convenient, but it also made the games WAYYYY too easy, which was something that didn't do Gen V justice, because I found the games to be really easy regardless. I would prefer that they weren't reusable in this generation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It was too easy...maybe they could limit it to once a day or maybe even a weak for it to "reboot" itself, that'll make it slightly more difficult though also a bit annoying.

I see the number hitting 120, hopefully they'll be more useful than gen V's which had the worsest selection imo.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It was too easy...maybe they could limit it to once a day or maybe even a weak for it to "reboot" itself, that'll make it slightly more difficult though also a bit annoying.

I see the number hitting 120, hopefully they'll be more useful than gen V's which had the worsest selection imo.
That would be quite annoying. I'd prefer it if TMs were to be kept reusable this gen specifically because of how convenient it was. However, if they have to take a step back to increase the difficulty of them, then I wouldn't want it to become too complex. I'd rather it go back to being temporary if that were the case.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Rebooting sounds annoying. ;( Buuut once a day does seem a little fairer than a week given that after a point most players don't replay the games every single day and they just move on, so the waiting time would be a lot less after, but that isn't really that... helpful compared to how it is now.

Back