• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is a shiny pokemon card?

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
Years
A shiny pokemon card is a card with a shiny pokemon on it. I think it's started since the Neo Revelations set, and they have more shining pokemon for the Next Destinies set. I'm currently trying to collect all shining pokemon cards lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Thanks alot! So kinda like how you get shiny pokemon in the game, but in card form. That kind makes sense.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
While we are on the subject i assume a normal holo is more valuable then a reverse one?

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
Years
I don't think they ever made a "Shining" version of Drifloon... reverse holo version, yes, but I don't recall a Shining Drifloon card.

There's a shiny Drifloon card. Although, it's not titled "Shiny Drifloon" or "Shining Drifloon," it's still a shiny drifloon and reverse holo at the same time. I think all the shiny pokemon in the DP sets were Rev holo.

Years
And many places charge roughly the same price for a reverse holo version of a card as they would for a regular holo version of the card. Though those that differ usually charge more for a reverse holo version (since it's a bit rarer) than the regular holo version.

There's a shiny Drifloon card. Although, it's not titled "Shiny Drifloon" or "Shining Drifloon," it's still a shiny drifloon and reverse holo at the same time. I think all the shiny pokemon in the DP sets were Rev holo.

They all were, and are indicated by SH# in the corner of the card. I did not know that Drifloon was one of those. I know that it wasn't titled Shining Drifloon or one of those cards with the star after its name because those cards came before Drifloon was even an official Pokemon.

Years
That guide is slightly off the mark on a few things... only certain EX sets had the set logo inside the picture on reverse holofoils.

And regular holofoil rares don't have anything but the picture background as a holofoil portion. Anywhere outside that is either a reverse holo or one of the special holo cards.

IdsMow

LongTime Master
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Its missig prime as well as legend also in the guide but for its time it was not too bad. Im more schoked at teh lack of a better guide not having been made by pokemon. Would have thought it would have been in tere best intrest after all.

Years
Pokemon doesn't really ever have to explain, since those that want to know typically are the older collectors getting back into the TCG, and they're more than capable of finding fansites that have that information compiled.

Back