• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have an old pocket monsters card that is a 1996. Its a japanese Light dragonite with a back that says pocket monsters (if that changes anything. It doesnt say a rarity on it but it has a star in the corner. The illustrator is: Atsuko Nishida. can yhu help me with the pricing? I keep looking all over for it but nothing pops up... I can post pictures if needed... Oh and also its holographic

Could you upload a picture as an attachment to your next post here? I'm having a hard time visualizing which card you are talking about.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Plz help with pricing

I have the following cards I need help pricing with. Thank yo

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I have an old pocket monsters card that is a 1996. Its a japanese Light dragonite with a back that says pocket monsters (if that changes anything. It doesnt say a rarity on it but it has a star in the corner. The illustrator is: Atsuko Nishida. can yhu help me with the pricing? I keep looking all over for it but nothing pops up... I can post pictures if needed... Oh and also its holographic

Is this the card, but with japanese text ?
Spoiler:

If this was the card you are talking about, this card is worth around £10-15/15-22 USD on eBay currently. The Japanese text could be slightly more but it seems they are selling the same as English ones.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2013
Hey I got a few i was wondering about:

Rocket's Mewtwo 14/132
Wailord ex 100/100
Shining Noctowl 110/105 (3 black stars)
Also I have a reverse holographic japanese charizard

Also maybe a bit off topic but I have about 2000 pokemon cards (150 rares or so) and I was a bit curious as to what I could get for those? I know most arent worth much including probably a lot of the rares but I was still interested. A majority of them are older more around when they first came out.

Years
Hey I got a few i was wondering about:

Rocket's Mewtwo 14/132
Wailord ex 100/100
Shining Noctowl 110/105 (3 black stars)
Also I have a reverse holographic japanese charizard

Also maybe a bit off topic but I have about 2000 pokemon cards (150 rares or so) and I was a bit curious as to what I could get for those? I know most arent worth much including probably a lot of the rares but I was still interested. A majority of them are older more around when they first came out.

For Rocket's Mewtwo and Shining Noctowl, it does matter if they are 1st Edition or not.
For the Japanese Charizard, I would like to see a picture as there are several Japanese Charizard cards. Actually, just give me pictures for all 3 of these. Post them as attachments to your next post.

As for the other:

Wailord ex: $20 to $30. Still trying to figure out why it goes for what it does. Kinda baffles me, though some did go as low as $5, just to warn you.

The likelihood is that you'll get at most $120 for selling just the holos, and at most maybe around $150 for the whole thing as one.

Of course, it depends on what your holos are.

Years
Charizard Neo Premium File 2: Based on sold prices of the Neo Premium File 2 (approximately $10 each), that Charizard is worth $2 to $4. Still pretty rare, though, just not a very big market for Japanese cards in English-speaking countries.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Hello there. I've got a few cards I was wondering about the pricing of. (obviously)

-An EX Dragon Frontiers delta species Togetic. The border, image, rarity (star), hp, and name are all shiny.
-A first edition Jungle Rapidash.
-A "Pokemon Advanced Challenges" Golbat that was made by Topps.
-A first edition shadowless Jungle Seel.
and finally:
-A never opened Ancient Mew.

Thanks for the help!

Years
Hello there. I've got a few cards I was wondering about the pricing of. (obviously)

-An EX Dragon Frontiers delta species Togetic. The border, image, rarity (star), hp, and name are all shiny.
-A first edition Jungle Rapidash.
-A "Pokemon Advanced Challenges" Golbat that was made by Topps.
-A first edition shadowless Jungle Seel.
and finally:
-A never opened Ancient Mew.

Thanks for the help!

Shadowless Jungle Seel doesn't seem right. Are you sure it's not from the Base Set?

Togetic Dragon Frontiers: $1 to $2.
Rapidash $1 to $2.
Pokemon Advanced Challenges Topps Golbat: $0.10 is my best guess, seeing as the Topps Advanced Challenges cards aren't worth very much even for a full box of 24 packs. They are rare, just not at all sought after.
Unopened Ancient Mew: $2 to $5. Cool to have, but not very rare and not sought after enough to make it in high demand. I'd wait it out and see if it comes up in value in 6 months or so, but I doubt it will.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
I found this Japanese Pokemon trainer card with a picture of an egg on it. It is Japanese so I can't read. I tried to find it online, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anybody know its name or what it is worth.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Shadowless Jungle Seel doesn't seem right. Are you sure it's not from the Base Set?

The Seel is definitely from Jungle, but the "60 HP" is in a different font than my other cards.
I'm guessing it's probably a fake, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back