• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Grass-Type?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Again like the title says who's your favorite Grass-Type? For me I'd have to go with Sceptile its one of the few Grass-Types that doesn't have low a low speed stat and I like how its dragon like as well I think that's really cool but that's just me.

Years
My favorite Grass-type would have to be Roserade. Not only is it rocking some big Special Attack with moves like Leaf Storm, but it also has a cool design. Red and blue flowers and the white head? Yes please. B)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Roserade, due to the same reason as above. :] Aside from that, I also really like Serperior. It's got a beautiful appearance, and could cause some major destruction when battling with Contrary and Leaf Storm combination.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like Breloom a lot, simply because it's a good troll with Substitute, Spore, Swords Dance and Focus Punch. Along with that, if competitive, it can cause dents in teams with Technician + Swords Dance Mach Punches. Another favourite of mine has to be Venusaur. I already liked how Venusaur was from Generations 1 to 4, but the Hidden Ability it gained in Generation 5 gave it the extra boost. This ability was Chlorophyll, and combined with Growth, made Venusaur quite the threat in sun. This only got better with Mega Venusaur, as Venusaur can stall with Leech Seed and Synthesis, while taking Fire and Ice type moves on like a boss due to Thick Fat.

On top of battle strength, they have some unique and awesome designs, being a kangashroo and dinosaur-flower hybrid respectively.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Finally!!!!!!!!

My favorite grass type is Bellsprout. I honestly don't know... I just love it and I find its final evolution, Victreebel, to be usable enough for me so I am satisfied.

Grass Pokemon are my favorite type so if I made a list of side favorites I'll end up writing down almost every single one. So instead I'll just name my very very top favorites!!

- Ivysaur
- Jumpluff
- Cradily
- Maractus

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
My favorite grass type is Sawsbuck. I just find it gorgeous and I love the season theme it has going on. Plus deer are awesome! I also really like Breloom, Chesnaught and Bulbasaur, they're all cuties.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
One of my favorites, even out of all the types, is Gourgeist. Ghost/Grass is a really interesting combo. One of the few Pokemon I actually use that's not dedicated to hyper offense. And of course I love the whole idea and design of a pumpkin Pokemon.

Years
Grass types are among some of my favorites. :') Tough choice!

Cherubi and Cherrim are some of my favorites. They're pink, cute, and pack a punch if used right. I just.. don't like how you need sunlight for Cherrim to get out of its flower. If that weren't the case I'd definitely have one on my team by now!

Chikorita again for the cuteness factor. She was always one of my favorite starters overall.

And Chespin as it's grown to be one of my favorites. Not a fan of his evolutions but Chespin itself is a really cool Pokemon.

Years
Hm, I've picked up a few Grass-type favourites after learning about them through Pokemon X, but I agree with Sheep in that Chikorita has that cuteness factor that makes it my all-time favourite (: Though throughout Pokemon X, I was quite attached to my Roselia as well, and it's starting to grow on me.

Years
I always have a tough time choosing between Sceptile and Breloom as my favorite Grass Pokemon, as both are special to me for different reasons. Sceptile was the very first starter that I actually enjoyed using, and is probably in my top 2 or 3 starters overall. As for Breloom, it was the first shiny Pokemon that I ever caught, and it was pretty solid in battles, too!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I really like Breloom, mostly because of the nostalgic factor since it was the first grass type I considered viable to take in Sapphire. I always wanted to fill three slots in my team with the three starter types, and since I usually never took Sceptile I found Breloom quite useful. I also liked Sky Uppercut a lot at the time and I thought it was cool that only four Pokémon (at that time) could learn it, and Breloom was one of them.

Years
Grass tends to be one of those types I have loads of fave Pokemon, so yeah I'll list what I call the "best of the best" in terms of Grass Pokemon!

whimsicott.gif

I love Whimsicott. Not only is it adorable as heck, it's also an amazing abuser of status effects thanks to the Prankster ability. Oh, and it's now part-Fairy meaning she can stop Dragon-types cold in her tracks.

roserade.gif

Always been one of my go-to Grass-types. It's a powerful special attacker and I was so excited to see Roselia got its own evolution in 4th Gen, they did a good job making it a usable one.

sawsbuck.gif

Sawsbuck (and its pre-evo Deerling) have what I think is one of the most clever form concepts ever, a form that changes with the seasons. It's also got the stats to hit hard as well, plus it has a pretty unique type combination.

serperior.gif

Who doesn't love the royal majestic snake? Serperior and its evolution line are not only pretty decent at defensive roles, they have the speed to set up quickly. Its movepool may lack in variety but makes up for it in its beauty.

shaymin-sky.gif

Shaymin is one of my fave Grass legendaries design-wise. It goes from being a cutie in Land Form to a badass in Sky Form. I also love how it's all tied with the Gracidea flower.

chesnaught.gif

I've never used Chesnaught yet, but its evolution line really nails the whole "cute to badass" thing. I was sad at how many hated Quilladin so I was hoping the final evo would fix that issue and yeah I'm happy with what we got. It's also a pretty decent physical attacker with the bulk to take hits.

lilligant.gif

She's the notable abuser of confusion-free Petal Dance thanks to her Own Tempo ability and while she learns nothing but Grass and Normal moves, she can be a very feisty special attacker with set-ups from Quiver Dance.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not much of a grass-type fan myself, but the ones I used before and actually liked are Snivy, (and it's two evolutions, Servine, and Serperior) and also Leafeon. They are just a few grass types I like by it's design.

Last edited:

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
I'm probably in the minority but I think exeggutor is so boss. Give me some sunlight and let him go to work, yes please.

Otherwise, I haven't played X and Y, but if I do I'm going for Chesnaught all the way. Such a bro.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Sceptile. It's an awesome Pokemon overall. Sceptile was one of the best Pokemon I've ever used, it has saved me through numerous battles, and I admit I got attached to my Sceptile as well, so it's really special to me. Nowadays, I have this tradition that I would always pick Treecko as a starter when available, just because I love Sceptile. :') (there are a few exceptions though)

Back