• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Purgation [Members needed]

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
pkmnprglogo.png

note: this is my first fangame

The Xefrar region - in the year 2125
---------------------------------------------
Xefrar is known to be a safe haven unlike the rest of the world. A place free from pollution, extreme heat, and crime. Until now.

As Xefrar's clean land attract's people from other polluted region, Xefrar's population is growing gradually, leaving all other regions empty wastelands... and now people fear what Xefrar will become...

As population and pollution increases, a crime group called Team Sky think it's time for a new beginning... or... renewal.

So, will you stop the purgation and restore what once was a safe haven? The choice is yours...

I really want this to be a "high quality game." Here are some features I'm hoping to add:

High quality tilesets.

Since it takes place in the future, a hoverboard instead of a bike,

Good music (From GlitchxCity, electric mudkip, ect)

Being to catch all legendaries

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Another note: by high quality tilesets I mean bw graphics.

And when I said "As Xefrar's clean land attract's people from other polluted region"
I meant regions XD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
So far the base story is okay.
I know this is just an idea right now but it would be great
to hear more in detail *-*
Like how much you want to be custom and what exactly
high quality means to you. Features etc. Just a quick overview.
I myself worked like half a year ago on a fangame. Im not that good at
scripting and asked really dumb questions. By now i can do little things but not
much yet because i work with rpgxp for like 1 hour and than not again for a month.
Making a fangame sounds always really interesting but most people quit when not even 10% is done... So. How serious are you about this? Do you really want to create it or just do it when you feel like it? And what exactly do you need? People who do maps/events, custom overworlds etc..

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
The high quality stuff:

1. Elite battle system by luka sj

2. gen 6 animated sprites by sicns and Evolemon

3. Zues video player for cutscenes and for when you interact with a TV.

Who I need:

Mostly someone for maps and events.
Someone who can create overworld sprites and someone who can create the mugshots.

I have really been determined, I put a 2 (or more) months' thought on the entire plot.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Thats a long time ^^
Just want to point out that the Gen 6 sprites look really awful in essentials.
I've seen them surprisingly in many fangames and they are just horrible.
Of course in the end you decide and i can understand the desire to create a game including gen 6 pokemons. I tried them myself but in the end i came back to the gen 5 sprites. They really just don't fit in essentials.

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I found a way to pixelate the images. I guess I'll just pixelate the the gen 6 pkmn to make it have a bw style.

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Will changing the battle bg help w/ the gen 6 sprites?

or I can go with the regular sprites

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
Who I need:

Mostly someone for maps and events.
Someone who can create overworld sprites and someone who can create the mugshots.

I have really been determined, I put a 2 (or more) months' thought on the entire plot.

So, if you need spriters, mappers, and eventers, then what exactly are you going to do?

Also, I wouldn't call 2 month's thought into plot determination. That's just planning. Anyone can do that. Determination is sitting down and getting the hard stuff done.

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I will help with the events and mapping.

If people spend 2 months plotting, planning, or any other synonyms they probably didn't do it for nothing.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
If people spend 2 months plotting, planning, or any other synonyms they probably didn't do it for nothing.

You'd be surprised at how many people take the time to plan their games out but then never actually get anywhere on their projects. That's mainly because people are all for it when it comes to writing out the story, but they don't want to/don't like putting in the effort to actually put that story into the game format. So writing the fanfiction is the easy part - it's putting making the game that shows true determination.

And I'm not trying to be rude or discourage you - I would support you on this all the way through - I'm just saying that people will be more accepting of when you say that you have determination once you start showing that you're capable of making the game.

prg

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Thanks so much! I look forward to to creating this game with you. I will get some maps done and then will contact you asap.

Years
I could help create a map or two (or a few if I think you are really doing a good job managing it)!
However, I probably couldn't do a whole lot considering I have my own game with 300+ maps as of right now ;P I don't really have a portfolio but if you want to see anything in particular let me know :)

Back