• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Actor/Actress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hello all. Simple question for you guys, who are your favorite actors/actresses? Feel free to list more than one!

Sirfetch’d

I like Will Smith. He is hilarious and is a great role model. My favorite sitcom of all time is Fresh Prince:)

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Daniel Radcliffe definitely because I loved the Harry Potter Movies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
My favorite actresses are Julianna Marguiles, Viola Davis, Meryl Streep, EMMA STONE, Nicole Kidman, Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Amanda Bynes, and so many many more.

My favorite actors are Tom Hardy and Daniel Day Lewis.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite actor is, depending on what mood I'm in that day, either Daniel Day-Lewis or Tony Leung. The former is easily more bombastic and AC-TOR-ly, and the latter is, on the whole, quieter and more introspective, but they're both capable of extreme range and subtlety, and I love them in nearly everything they're in, even if the film itself isn't all that great.

In terms of actresses, no one can hold a candle to Vera Farmiga, in my opinion. Jennifer Lawrence is coming close, but she'll need a few more years to go. Likewise Emma Stone. They're both very good, but Vera just oozes talent, and one of the most expressive faces in cinema; one eyebrow movement can reveal so much, which you can't really say about many other actors.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I don't really have a favourite actor. I don't relate to male characters very well; I usually find them quite boring. I find that men are the stable grey that lets the women's colours shine just that little bit brighter. Having said that, I guess if I had to pick a favourite actor, it would be either Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston or Joseph Gordon Levitt.

As for favourite actresses,

Toshiro. said:
Feel free to list more than one!

Oh I will, don't you even worry about that! I'm going to do you all the huge favour of not counting TV actresses in this equation because if I have to list TV actresses then I will be here all day. Instead I'll talk about my core nine movie actresses. When someone enters my 'core roster', it means I see every movie they star in, regardless of whether I would see it otherwise. It was originally a core five, but I've recently added another four based on their impressive recent work!

So, the original core five (in no particular order):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So those have been my five favourite actresses for the longest time! But I decided to open myself up to new people recently, and these four lovely ladies were added to the list!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Aside from those, honourable mentions go to Viola Davis and Jennifer Lawrence, who are on the cusp of becoming numbers 10 and 11 (though I may love Jennifer more for her interviews than her acting, haha).

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say Will Smith. He's a really good actor and well diversed. From comedy to drama. Like in The Pursuit Of Happyness. Every movie of him hat I ever saw, I enjoyed them alot.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
Paul Newman or Marlon Brando from the "old school" (R.I.P both)

Edward Norton, Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford from the "newest" crew.

I've no favourite actress I guess.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
My post certainly can't compete with Shining Raichu's threadwinning magnum opus, jesus christ.

Let's see.... I'll list my obvious favorite actress first. This won't come as a surprise to any of you who have frequented these parts, but, anyway, my favorite actress is the wonderful Katharine Hepburn. She's long dead now (2004 is long ago!!!!) but god, I love her so much. What she stood for as well as her incomparable acting, may I add. Truly the most inspirational actress of the 20th century.
I also happen to admire Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston. I'll be the first to admit that neither of them are perfect actresses, but that's where the critiquing will stop. I admit I have a soft spot for Cougar Town, along with Jennifer Aniston's 600 romantic comedies and, well, Lisa was Pheebs. I love Pheebs. Other actresses I respect/admire are Audrey Hepburn, Vivien Leigh, Emma Stone, Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie, Bette Davis, Carole Lombard, Joan Crawford and the lovely Marcia Cross. Sofia Vergara gets an honourable mention.

male actors are boring bye

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Big Harry Potter fan here, so Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton and the girl who plays Bellatrix Lestrange, er, forgot the name. I love them all.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
My favorite Actors are Matthew Perry and Jim Parsons, because ya know...I find sitcoms funny and not to mention the humor that their characters provide, Matthew's sarcastic wit on friends and Jim's smart-ass humor on The Big bang Theory. I also like Tom Kenny and his multitudes of voice works in several animated series.

Guy

just a guy
Years
My favorite actresses would be (in no particular order): Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Madeline Stowe, Emily VanCamp (crushing on her right now), Viola Davis, Maryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Sofia Vergara, Nina Dobrev, Troian Bellisario, Mae Whitman, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jennifer Garner (her smile does crazy things to me), Jennifer Lawrence and Jessica Lange.

I have to give an honorable mention to Betty White, because, duh, she's Betty White.

As for male actors... Logan Lerman, Danielle Radcliffe, Gabrielle Mann, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Andrew Lincoln, Matthew Perry, Robert Downey Jr., and Chris Evans.

I feel like I'm skipping out on some people, but this is good enough!

Years
First person to spring to mind is Audrey Tautou who I fell in love with when I first saw Amélie. She was also great in Dirt Pretty Things - really, everyone in that movie was amazing, particularly Chiwetel Ejiofor (who you should see in Kinky Boots) and Sergi López (who was the villainous villain in Pan's Labyrnith).

Patrick Stewart is one of the best actors I've ever seen. I'll watch anything with him in it. Did you know he did Hamlet with David Tennant? I know. Sit down and rest a moment, then go see it right away.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is one of those actors who surprise me every time I see them in a movie even though I should know by now to expect good stuff from her. Jude Law I've always liked, and when he's playing next to Robert Downey Jr. (Sherlock Holmes and sequel) he's even better. And speaking of RDJ, he seems to get cast along all kinds of great actors like in Iron Man 2 with Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson.

Uh. There are just too many to name so I'll just list a bunch more: Michael Caine, Judi Dench, Hugh Jackman, Natalie Portman, Maggie Smith, Rufus Sewell, Bruce Willis, Jonathan Pryce and I'm just gonna stop here.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson. These two are just hilarious in general <3
Spoiler:

Uhm... and Joseph-Gordon Levitt because he's hot really convincing in most of his roles that he plays.
joseph-gordon-levitt-flaunt-feature-exclusive-video.jpg

Guy

just a guy
Years
[...] Uh. There are just too many to name so I'll just list a bunch more: Michael Caine, Judi Dench, Hugh Jackman, Natalie Portman, Maggie Smith, Rufus Sewell, Bruce Willis, Jonathan Pryce and I'm just gonna stop here.
I'm so ashamed in myself that I forgot to mention Maggie Smith, Scarlett Johansson Natalie Portman, and Hugh Jackman.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My favorite actors are also comedians. My two favorites are

Cheech Marin (from Cheech and Chong, and some movies I like "Born in East LA" "Up in Smoke" "Next Movie" "Yellowbeard" and "Shrimp on the Barbie")

and I also like Mike Myers who played Wayne Campbell in the "Wayne's World" movies, and also played Austin Powers and Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" movies

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Patrick Stewart immediately springs to mind for me; he plays his ever role to perfection. Even in poorer films (like the original X-Men films) he manages to add that special something and make it worth watching by his presence alone. Christopher Lee and Ian McKellan are two others who have that effect on me, but not quite to the same degree as Patrick Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back