• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew vs. Arceus

Which one do you like more?

• Mew

Votes: 75 76.5%
  • Arceus

Votes: 23 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
I htink mew is the greatest of the two. Possibly the greatest legendary. I know what you mean by similarities. Beautifly, and butterfree for example. Taillow and pidgey, sentret and rattata.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Personally, I like the both of them, a lot. But I like Mew a little more. Why? I don't know, maybe because it was probably the original creator before Arceus came in, or maybe because it looks pretty awesome, I don't know. But I like Mew a bit more.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
Years
Personally I never liked Arceus compared to Mew. I grew up with Mew being "the original one" so I prefer him over Arceus any day. Just my opinion, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
Ironically, that's why I hate him.

It's like Nintendo said "what do we do we're out of ideers what pokemansz should we make the big ledjinderry"
"O I NO HOW ABOTU MAKE GOD OF POKEMONS/"

Maybe, however most legends in the Pokémon universe occur in parties of three, in this case the Dragon trio.

Dialga controls time and Palkia controls space, two aspects of the four-dimensional universe that the Pokémon world, like our own, is a part of. The final member, Giratina, apparently has control over other dimensions like the Distortion World, which may itself be a location with a fourth spacial dimension.

TERRA#493 said:
So, the only Pokemon who is able to learn every move, i believe, is Smeargle.

Although Smeargle can learn any set of moves with the move Sketch. In Generation II, Sketch can't be used to learn the following moves:
  • Selfdestruct
  • Explosion
  • Metronome

In Generation IV, Sketch cannot be used to learn:
  • Chatter

Fun fact:
Smeargle is one of three Pokémon legally able to use Transform, the others being Mew and Ditto.

Resource(s):
Bulbapedia /Dragon_trio
Bulbapedia /Smeargle_(Pokémon)

(Can't post links due to post count.)

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
Personally, from my battle experiences, I'd choose Arceus over Mew any day!

Arceus' signature move, Judgement, owns my oponents in PBR when I play.

Even if my Arceus is cheated, I still love it(why do you think I have 22 of those fricken things!)

But I'd choose Mew for like, originality. Since it was the first legendary Pokemon I ever knew.

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
Years
mew:
hes The origin of all pokemon, so the whole "Arceus made the universe" is impossible because it originated from mew
ergo, nintendo cant follow its own story line
plus, arceus is WAYYY too overated. Like who said "Z0MFG! WE R 2 1337! WE R MAK3 P0KEG0D! WE R SMART"

Alec_

Years
I think Mew is better :3. Do you know why? Because it's cute xD. Powerful and it's speed is much better than Arceus. Try to think. That Mew can Transform into an arceus also :3. So i think mew is really much better than arceus. And as what others have said. Arceus cannot learn any TM/HM. But Mew does.

~Fairytales.

Ashi

The cupcake theif!
Years
Well, I do think Arceus is neat in his own way, but I'm pretty old school and think Mew is by far one of the best Legendaries, just what I think though.

Starla Tsukino

Mew Fan
Years
I would have to say Mew. This comes from me being a fan of Mew ever since I was a little girl. I just think it's really cute and all around Mew kicks major butt.........and Arceus is just Butt Ugly to me... :( Besides, Mew's an original... ^^;;

riolu's

riolu? where!
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2009
arceus is a goat/meerkat on steroids selling drugs to little children.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
Years
Wait, wait, wait, i don't understand why so many people hate Arceus, although i do understand that it DOES look quite wierd. However, i think that adds to Arceus's uniqueness and the fact that it doesn't look like what you would really expect, exactly the way that we won't know what God will look like. It's DIFFERENT, and i think that makes it look so kick-ass XD

Mew and Arceus are completely different because Mew wins in the cute factor but Arceus wins in the kick-ass factor.

I like both but i think Arceus is just so wicked =)

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
Years
Ah well, i guess it comes down to a matter of opinion. My opinion is that Arceus is perfectly acceptable, but i completely accept other people's opinions and that not everyone will have the same opinion as me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back