• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Habitat List

Sirfetch’d

This was a really cool addition. Your Pokedex now list all Pokes in a area and tells you when you have encountered them all. What did you think about it?
I thought it is really helpful not having to google all Pokemon in a route, now you can just check the Dex and see.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm being all OCD with that dang list. XD

I HAVE to finish the list. Dang Gamefreak and making all these OCD inducing nicknacks XD

Sirfetch’d

I'm being all OCD with that dang list. XD

I HAVE to finish the list. Dang Gamefreak and making all these OCD inducing nicknacks XD

You played the Jap. version right? Does it also register swarm and post-national dex Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No I didn't play the Jap version. This was the first time I heard of the Habitat list XD

Sirfetch’d

No I didn't play the Jap version. This was the first time I heard of the Habitat list XD

Oh I thought you did since you knew so much and Moderated the section, but back to your post, yeah I am OCD as well, and really like how it tells you which ones you have caught in the area. Makes completing the Dex way easier.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Okay, maybe I do have to get this then. I totally wanted something like this ages ago! This will definitely help with Unova Pokedex completion

Not that I'm one to catch 'em all, but I want to discover them all and capture the right ones for my team. I will only complete the UnovaDex at most, and that's a stretch.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
This was a really cool addition. Your Pokedex now list all Pokes in a area and tells you when you have encountered them all. What did you think about it?
I thought it is really helpful not having to google all Pokemon in a route, now you can just check the Dex and see.

I agree. this Is a fantastic addition to the game

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
This is by far my favorite feature introduced along with the game asking if you want to use another Repel. Now just to bring back auto-run and I'll be a happy camper. :)

PkmTrainer

Drain Punch
Years
This is something that should have been in the games from the start and I'm happy they finally added it.

cockatoo777

Pokemon Music Lover
Years
The habitat list is great as it is more specific than the "location" tab in the pokedex. I didn't know riolu was catchable so early on in the game!

#isthenumbersign
Years
I get like super excited when I get that stamp after completing an area. So I'll definitely be catching them all haha. The Driftveil Bridge was awesome because I got the stamp after catching a single Ducklett.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Definitely one of the best new features in the games. It's the only non-item I have registered to the Y-menu. I love being able to just check what I need to catch by area instead of going down the PokeDex and and flying from route to route. It's wonderfully convenient, and I love it!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
An amazing feature. That's all I really have to say. I loved the convenience it put forth and it really made my gaming experience run a bit smoother by taking out the hassle of - like you said - having to search Pokemon locations on Serebii etc.

Definitely a welcomed feature, and I'd be more than happy for it to return in future games.

blue

gucci
Years
I didn't know about this until I first played Black 2 last week, I think it's a great addition and it certainly helps when trying to fill up the Pokedex.

Years
Again, I only saw footage through a YouTube video but I have to say this is a neat feature, it makes you want to complete the Pokedex more.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
I'm surprised that they didn't add something like this earlier. It's a really helpful addition. You can find out what Pokemon can be found in Unova without having to look it up on Serebii. So when you see a Pokemon you really want, you just go to the Habitat list to see where (or if) you can find it in Unova. And it also tells you which Pokemon can be found in the grass, by surfing or fishing.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Saved me from wasting my time trying to find a Pokemon and looking in the wrong place, and told me what Pokemon were in each new place (provided that list was already complete).

Love it so much~

Back