• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US Senator calls video games "a bigger problem than guns"

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh man, this is much worse than the one Congressman who thought we should have a Federal speed limit of 55 mph to save gas! I can't believe people like this are elected... sigh. Video games are not the problem... people are... same thing with many things, actually.

Years
Games like pokemon makes me want to put my dog in a pokeball, and throw it to other people E_E, no. I understand there are games that make people more aggressive. But worse than guns I cant believe.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yes, something made for entertainment is the reason that people are mad. People are the problem. Not games. Not guns. People.

TY commenter is obviously an overprotective parent and needs to take a seat. I hope they have a ton of dislikes. Or maybe they're trolling. A Video game disc took out a clay model...okay because humans totally aren't thicker than clay.

You . . . do realize that this comment was completely and totally sarcastic, right? ._.;

Other than that, I agree with your statement completely. It's people who are the problem; not video games, not guns, not anything else.

Video games are simply a creative outlet. If someone goes on a murderous rampage after playing a little too much Borderlands, I think they probably have a severe mental disability. . . . >.>;

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
Makes me wonder...do any of these Congress members even know the first thing about video games? I mean, don't any of them have children or grandchildren who play video games?

I admit, I am a Republican myself, but even I don't agree with this guy.

Years
...And the senator in question is a blithering idiot. Anf to take it a step further, the real problem here is people like him in the House & Senate.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You . . . do realize that this comment was completely and totally sarcastic, right? ._.;

It's a bit more difficult to catch the sarcasm online than in person though, so that's my mistake. I could picture some stupid person actually saying that, given the general comments on YouTube. I thought Derozio was the one being sarcastic when he said he liked that comment. Shows how well sarcasm on the internet works.

Back