• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roughterrain League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
Years
Idea: Roam around in the world, level up your team, meet new challenges, beat up the gym leaders and finally reach the E4.

Story: Yes, you are a basic trainer, a Pokemon trainer. You've been living in your home town/city for quite a while now(too long...) and you have observed how some poeple leave on journeys to other parts of the world to capture Pokemon. You have your own Pokemon team too, but it is simply weak. So you decide to begin your journey with them. You may find friends on your journey, or travel alone.

You are planning on completing the Roughterrain League, which includes some gyms as well as specific trainers to defeat. These trainers are called the Hidden Elites, not as powerful as the Elite Four, but more powerful than basic gym leaders. The gyms and the main trainers are prinkled all around the world. After you have successfully completed this task, you have to make your way to the Mountain League( a.k.a Elite Four). Beat them and become the ultimate champion of the Roughterrain League

Local news have reported that some odd sights of fierce-looking bird Pokemon, they have been spotted in the East, maybe you should check the place out? You never know what you can find there...

Rules:
-No controlling other people, unless you have the person's permission.
-No overpower from your character, he can lose too, he can get lost, he can get beaten up by his neighbours, whatever.
-No double posting.
-No legendaries/ubers as starters.
-Fill out the form well, meaning no one word answers.
-Only one shiny Pokemon per team. Wild shiny Pokemon encounters have to be well written and explained, if any.
-Starting town/city can be any city/town on the Map except the League or the city next to it.
-Realistic and longish battles, please. Meaning no: " Mudkip used Water Gun, Charmander fainted. The dude wins."
-No random teleporting. Meaning no: "I stepped out the door to see Glacier City, then I went to Icemount City."
-Explain clearly and specifically your surroundings making it easier for me to update your location
-State the level of the Pokemon after you captured it, and if necessary, explain to me why you should be able to catch it
-No chaotic situations, meaning a random guy appearing out of nowhere just to battle you.
- Don't say that you are searching for trainers, because it just sounds stupid. You don't search for people in real life.

The Map:
TheMap.jpg

Remember that when you search the world for Pokemon, you aren't in a hurry. Take your time to move around.

Leveling system: You will face random opponents in the cities and in the wild. Among every battle you type down, your Pokemon that battles will gain a level, but I hope that nobody will be battling all the time. Try to make the battle as realistic as possible, and it doesn't matter if you lose, you still gain the level. All you have to remember, is to edit your form once a while.

Pok?mon that never evolve:
Lets say I have an Absol. I want him to grow a level so I fight and defeat three pok?mon. Then he grows a level. Of course all three battles must be discriptive and have a good length.

Pok?mon that evolve thrice:
Let's sat that I have a Charmander. So I fight one pok?mon and it grows a level. Once it's Level sixteen, it evolves. Then it takes two battles to grow a level. Then it reaches level thirty-six. Now it'll take three battles to go up one level.

Pok?mon that evolve twice:
For this one let's say I have a Magnemite. It takes one battle to grow a level. Once it reaches level thirty, it evolves. Then it takes three battles to grow a level.

Pok?mon that evolve by Happiness/ Stones:
Once you think that your Pokemon has enough trust in you, describe the evolution and your relationship with the Pokemon. Then it evolves.

Form:

Name:
Home city/town:
Personality:
History:
Pokemon Team: (3 Pokemon allowed, 1 final evolution and 2 pre evolutions), maybe some history of your Pokemon and their levels( ranging from 5 to 30, 1 needs to be 5-10, 1 Pokemon should 10-20 and the final evolution can be 25-30)
Other skills/things to notify:

Map Information (good to know):

Canyon City: A city located in the middle of the mountains. A short trip away from the mountains, so Rock and Ground type Pokemon are common in the city for people to own. Famous for its Ground type gym, which is one the largest gyms in the world. The leader, Sandy, has built it for years, and it is still growing. Only for experienced trainers, though.

Iron Lake: An interesting lake where most Steel type Pokemon dwell. The lake itself is of a foreign material, probably from outer space, or that's at least what people think.

Glacier City: A city built inside an icy glacier. A freezing place to live, but people there have adapted themselves to the environment. The popular ice-cream, Glacier Ice, is from here. The owner of the corporation is also the ice-cold gym leader. The gym is considered easy among the more powerful trainers, but weaker trainers have to put some effort here.

Coral Lagoon: A clear watered lagoon, mainly a vacation resort for rich people, some local habitants, though. Famous for the glass art, in forms of corals and other sea creatures and plants. The locals make them with secret methods.

Lonely Island: An under-populated island with interesting Pokemon, that belong to the Ghost type. Formerly the island was below water level, but it somehow raised itself from the ocean.

Magma Town: The name tells everything. Gym leader here uses the fire type, the food is hot, the temperature outside is almost unbearable. The complete opposite of Glacier City.

Big Harbor City: The city where the ships leave and where they come to. Largest city in the Eastern parts of the world. No major gyms or anything to notify except the harbor. Interesting markets, people and salesmen.

Deep Lake: The lake is unmeasured in depth. Only known that some talented fishers have caught Whiscashes from there. Some have even claimed that they saw an ancient fish Pokemon jump out of the water.

Last City: Literally the last city before facing the might of the Elite 4 in the Mountain League. Nothing major here, the trainers are talented here though.

The Island: One the most popular holiday resorts in the world. The beaches are full of tourists, with Pokemon, eager to battle. The gym in this island is an interesting place itself. Made of only wood, leaves and bamboo sticks. It is a wonderful sight. The leader herself uses the Flying type, you'll be surprised how fast her Pokemon move in the little jungle.

Lowland City: The paradise for shoppers and shopkeepers. Huge malls and shopping centres. A more civilized city with a population at its maximum. You'll get quickly lost here. No other points of interest.

Snowmount Town: A little snow-capped mountain is located on the island. Good place for hiking and finding Ice and Rock type Pokemon. One of the former Elite 4 trainers, Beardos, lives here. maybe ask for some advice from him? Just to tell, he uses the normal type skillfully.

Crossover Islands: Nobody has ever been here. Some tough sailors say that the islands are surrounded by enormous whirlpools, impossible to get through. Pilots, that have tried to fly their way there, say that raging thunder makes the island impossible to reach.

Highgulf City: Another harbor town with only docks and ships. But the captain of the ship Marejuan, is a fierce battler, defeat him and his fighting Pokes, you'll earn a Strength Badge. Here you can also set off for Mount Icecap.

Steephill City: the only city located on Mount Icecap. Only skilled hikers make their way here, in search of the famous Piloswines. They are huge at the top of the mountain, and their tusks are precious for sly poachers, someone has to stop the poachers, though.

Mount Icecap: a large mountain full of different types of Pokemon, ranging from low levels to powerful beasts of higher levels. A good training place, maybe reach the top cliffs to retrieve a Frost Ball (makes sure that you capture the Ice Pokemon you want to with this ball) and capture one of the huge Piloswines.

Mountain League: you know what you'll find here, the Elite Four. More info later on.

Deathspector

Years
My Form:

Name: Jake Shyndow

Home City: Canyon City

Pok?mon Team:

emespr157.png

Pok?mon species: Typhlosion
Nickname: Scorcher
Level: 30
History: Scorcher was the first ever Pok?mon that Jake came across. He had been wandering about just north of Canyon City when he saw a wounded Cyndaquill. Without pausing to find out why it was wounded, he captured it, and healed it at the local Pok?mon Centre. Ever since then, Scorcher has been Jake's closest friend.

emespr196.png

Pok?mon species: Espeon
Nickname: Mind-walker
Level: 19
History: Jake had seen a couple of Eevees wander around near his house at night, stealing anything that they thought was valuable. Jake followed them onenight, and found out that they worked for a criminal. Defeating the criminal with his Quilava, he caught on of the Eevees. He trained it up, and it evolved into an Espeon.

emespr152.png

Pok?mon species: Chickorita
Nickname: Vine-trap
Level: 10
History: Vine-trap was actually given to Jake as a gift on his birthday, although he had to fight for it. His sister, a highly qualified trainer named Sandy, challenged jake to a battle. Using his Espeon's mind-technniques, he defeated his sister, and earned himself a Chickorita.

Appearance: Jake is what any normal person would call lanky. He exceeds the average height of a thirteen-year old,, and is unnaturally thin. Even though he is thin, he does have muscle, but is not the type to show off about them. Infact, if Jake hadn't told anyone about his muscles, no one would know that he had them. They are that invisible. His skin is a healthy tan, because he is often outside in the sun for extended periods of time. His hair os jet-black in colour, and hangs all the way down until his shoulders. The fringe of his hair falls infront of his face, obscuring his left eyes, whcih, like the right eye, is sapphire in coclour. His eyes seem to sparkle at the idea of risk taking, yet they will always give avarything they can lay their pupils on, a long and calculating glare. He wears a pair of baggy black jeans, that sag slightly, and drag across the floor. This is coupled with a long and loose red tank-top, which reaches half-way down to his knees. He wears two fighter's gloves, the type that stop at the knuckles, which are also black. And hung around his neck is a silver chain, with a Mew pendant on it.

Personality: Jake is the type of guy who would never say no to a challenge, no matter how dangerous. He would even throw himself off a cliff if someone told him to, and almost did once, if it hadn't been for his friends. This earned him the nickname "Dr. Dare". But even though his is a risk taker, Jake is smarter than he looks. Behind his eyes is a brain that is working twenty-four seven, and because of this, he is always able to come up wth good battle strategies, that often allow him to win. His Pok?mon are his life. Without his trusty companions, Jake would never be where he is. His Pok?mon trust him with their life, and would kill themselves if it meant saving their master. Jake is very thankful for this. He is a very open person, and is willing to strike conversation with anyone and everyone. In fact, the conversations he strike are so intelligent, people often wonder why he acts so stupid.

History: Ever since his sister became qalified to begin her own gym, Jake had always wanted to make a nmae for himself. His father is a renowned archaeologist, and has made quite a few amazing discoveries, including a fossil of an ancient Pok?mon. His mother is known all around the city as the "Flower Queen", for she specializes in grass Pok?mon, and also has the largest garden in the whole city. Jake wants to add another name to his family, but he wants to be different from his family. Thus, he decided to take up life as a Pok?mon trainer, defeat all the badges and Hidden Elites, and win against the Elite Four. It is this passion that drives Jake forth, making no hurdle to big for him to take.

Extra Information: Jake has studied a blend of martial arts in his life, and although he is not superb at it, he knows how to defend himself in a time of need, and cane pack a powerful ounch if needed.

Deathspector

Years
List of current members

Deathspector — Jake Shyndow — Canyon City

Naoko-Chan — Sienna Kilone — Glacier City

Arlynn — Akiko — Lonely Island

Nigma — Reychem Sever — Big Harbour City

Last edited:

Nigma

~Witch~
Years
Wow, that?s a VERY GOOD organized journey! Deathspector, you earned a lot of respect, i just had to say that... Well, i have some questions: Can i choose another charakter as a trainer? Can i be a pokemon? Or something else? Perhaps i will join later ok?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
(Deathspector, Typhlosion is obviously your final evolution, but what's with the Espeon? Espeon is a Final evolution no?)

Name:Sienna Kilone
Home city/town:Glacier City
Appearance:Sienna has simple white, flexible ballet slip on shoes (without the ribbons) with black soles.

Personality:Sienna is a curious, and outgoing girl, always knowing that she could do more with her life then blow glass. She doesn't like being pushed around, and sometimes, doesn't like boys, in general, no thanks to her neighbors who are two twins, both boys, who constantly tease and make fun of her. She doesn't usually care, but it get's tiring and old after awhile. She's patient and calm, and is very good at getting a good deal on items.

History:Sienna was always the girl who sold the glass works at the counter, scolded if she broke any, and praised if she wheedled out a lot of money from people. She was originally from Coral Lagoon, but her father wanted to share Coral Lagoon's sculpture's with the mainlanders, bringing the glass to a place where it wouldn't melt, but wouldn't break from the bustle of the city. Sienna knew it was too cold in Glacier City for glass blowing, for the cold would make the glass break instantly, but the shop ended up being so warm the glass easily survived through the most bitter cold. The fire that's constantly burning all day generates many people coming in and out for a chat, drink, or bite from her very outgoing mother. There's a small sitting room in the very back, near the fire hearth where she, and her father work the glass, where the people can watch the glass be blown and many other activities.

Pokemon Team:
Metagross
Level=29
Gender=Male
Attitude=Calm, and collected, very smart and often looks down on his fellow pokemon, the other's being so small and young. He'll often listen to what you have to say, then, without any recognition, stomp away.
Brief History=Metagross use to be Sienna's father's Metang, and her brother's Metang, when they fused, they decided to give the pokemon to Sienna, because her brother was off to take their glass blowing to Jhoto, while her father became too busy to battle with the Metagross, explaining it's rather low level.

Pichu
Level=5
Gender=Male
Attitude=Pichu is hyper, energetic, and rather the opposite of Metagross, having the IQ of -5. It has one very good excuse, as it hatched only a few weeks ago.
Brief History=Pichu was a gift to Sienna's mother in exchange for a Vase in the shape of a Medicham, and since their family has no use for any pokemon that destroys anything it sees, they gave it to Sienna to keep under control. The crazy Pichu listens to nobody but Sienna.

Vulpix (Is that a pre-evo? If not, then I'll stick with a different fire type)
Level=15
Gender=Female
Attitude=This Vulpix like to keep her cool, being the only female of the group. She likes to show up the other two by proving to Pichu that 'girl pokemon are always better than boy pokemon' and more often than not she succeeds, because of her complete gracefulness she can walk on a tight rope without falling while her rival hangs onto the rope for dear life.
Brief History=Sienna found this Vulpix on her trip to Magma town, where her brother had called it an ugly dog, and the Vulpix melted his favorite glass sculpture, making Sienna attached to it instantly. It took her very little time to capture it with Metagross on her side.

Other skills/things to notify:Sienna works in her father's glass sculptures shop, making simple glass vases with melted beads pressed into them for colors, selling them, and her fathers professional glass sculptures. She likes to play the pokeflute, and is getting quite good at it, though her battling skills aren't very good.

Arlynn

Fourteen
Years
Name: Akiko

Home city/town: Lonely Town

Appearance: Chestnut brown hair dyed black, cut just below the shoulders. Her hazel eyes are shielded by a pair of rectangular oculars. Her skin is pretty much white, almost peach. A month of sun would make her a normal skin color. She normally wears a black t-shirt with blue denim jeans that touch the ground slightly. Her arm(Around the elbow) are covered with black furry arm warmers.

Personality: Slightly sociopathocal, normally keeps to herself after the 'incident'(More information will be divulged later). Pretty much is an introverted science fiend. When somebody speaks to her she seems relatively surprised, seeing as she always kept to herself and never really spoke to anyone outside her family. The only ones she trusts is her Pokemon, as it seems other people have only hurt her, even if not purposefully(Look at History).

History: Her father killed himself when she was seven, he slit his wrists in the bathtub, and her mother was always at work. Trying to keep her daughter happy. She also had a brother who was lost to cancer.
Pokemon Team:

Absol;
Nickname: Renata
Info: The first Pokemon acquired by my character. Her older brother had found it in the woods one day when he was training(Not Pokemon, karate). It was only a little baby and he figured his little sister would adore it. She did, and now never lets it out of her sight. It is currently level 15.

Seviper;
Nickname: Saburo
Info: Found in the garden near their house. It rememinded Akiko slightly of her father, so she decided to take it in. She cared for it, soon after she found it was when her brother was lost. It is currently level 21(Found at level 19).

Misdreavus;
Nickname: Daiki
Info: Discovered in a cave she had went to when her mother and her had fought. She stayed there for 2 nights before returning home to apollogize to her mother, who was at work. It is currently at level 17.

Other skills/things to notify: No

Last edited:

Deathspector

Years
Nigma ? Thanks for the compliment! Sorry, but this is a trainer RP. The original idea was off some guy at pe2k, but he gave me all the rights to it, and I modified it, and voila. Again, I'm sorry, but you cannot be a Pok?mon. Another human apart from a trainer, yes, but then you'll have to travel with a trainer.

Naoko-Chan: Right, Espeon is a final evolution. What I meant to say (and I'll edit the storyline) is that only one Pok?mon in third stage, one in second, and one in first. Anything below that is fine. A Vulpix is alright, and if you want, your Pichu can be a Pikachu. Anyway, I would have liked it if you actually typed out the Description, but I suppose that it's okay ~ ACCEPTED!

Arlynn: Hmm...very morbid person, I see. I would like a tad bit more in the "Personality" field. Perhaps tell us how she reacts to other people who try to get her talking and stuff. Yes, you can reveal everything about the "incident" later. But the "Personality" part. I'll give you time to redo that, so, until then ~ PENDING!

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
Name: Edward elric

Home city/town:pallet town (where they were found outside the gate)

Appearance: he has braided blonde hair is very short for his age he ussaly will where what my avitar is wearing he looks like my avitar most of the time

Personality:he is the one to get annoyed easily by the slightest conversation
and if you call him short you better head for the hills.but he is actully nice when
you get to meet him. he is the most seirious 12 year old you will ever meet even know he is suppose to be 15...
gate messes with age...

History: his history was somewhere else, in a world where alchemy was rule
instead of technoligy. he and his brother alphonse tryed to transmutate there
mother and al lost his whole body and ed lost his arm and leg. al got his body
back but ed is still cursed with the automail that reminds him of his sins.
they had a four year adventure that included chimeras,the state,scar and homunculi.
they were trying to get back to there old world but they accidently came through the pokemon gate.
but for some reason when they popped into this side of the gate al was a year older instead of ed :badsmile:

Pokemon Team:

1.umbrion lv.24
nickname:shadow
personality:mysterious and only lets edward battle with him. he will also
try to attack anyone in a shady appearance. kinda depressed all the time

2.mudkip lv.5
nickname:muddy
personality: very nice and hyper

3.pikachu lv.9
nickname:pika
personality: tough and brave a rolemodel kind of a showoff.

Other skills/things to notify

alchemy: the special science to convert one thing into another (like metal into a blade) it needs a transmutation circle for people on the other side of the gate
but ed and al dont need one.

martial arts: fighting

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
(Hmm...so, vulpix would be considered a first evo right? So could I have a Ninetales, or would that count as a final evo?)

Nigma

~Witch~
Years
occ: ok, i understood. but i like to join, no matter if i can not be a pokemon... ^^

Name: Reychem Sever
Nickname: Rey
Home City: Big Harbour City

Appearance: Rey is a strong and tall, black haired boy with glasses. His hair is stare to the rear of his head like he has driven in a car to fast. He doesn?t look like that, but he can move very fast. He usually wears some tribal clothes or shirts with senseless pictures, big boots and a backpack on his back.

Personality: Reychem is a funny guy who likes everything with electric. He likes to meet new people and finding friends, he is very curious and very quirky. His favourite music style is techno, his hobby is a computer, his dad works in a power plant and his best friends are electric pokemon, so no wonder that he thinks that electric pokemon are the best. To prove that, he would mess with a stone pokemon trainer, even he would lose. He isn?t a stupid guy, he is very smart, but his pride moves him to do things that are the opposite from strategy or tactic. Even it?s stupid for spectators, it is partially also courage.

History: He didn?t ever had the idea of beeing a pokemon trainer, he just wanted to play his loved e-guitarr and create some music everybody would keep talking about. But since he met the pikachu family in the forest and got his first pokemon (look by Lighting and Thunder History) he got more and more dreams of showing the world how cool electric pokemon are. Now he knows his goal: He wants to create the best electric pokemon team anybody ever had and beat every challenge and battle which is given to him and win the pokemon league to be the best electric pokemon trainer in the world, and his pokemon are thinking that way too! Of course he want to show his father and his mother, who aren?t believing that he likes their work in the powerplant or electricity that he loves that and to show friends and everyone in his hometown, no matter how far he gets, that he did a dangerous and hard adventure by himself and with his electric pokemon.

Extra Information: Nothing special. Rey is just very fast if he gets into combat. No fighting style yet.

Pok?mon Team:

Pok?mon species: Raichu
Nickname: Lightning
Level: 27

Pok?mon species: Pikachu
Nickname: Thunder
Level: 17

History: Since Reychem helped a Pikachu Family nearby Harbour City in the forest, the pikachus were grateful of Reys help. One of them decided to go with him and Rey trained this one, now called Lightning. Lightning got very strong during the time he was with Rey because both trained in a sportcentre in Harbor City and they did a lot of other difficult things. One day the little Pikachu decided that he want to evolve so Rey bought a rare Stone to make the Pikachus dream come true. Since then Lightning was a Raichu, and together with Reychem he went to the forest where the other Pikachus lived. He catched his first Pokemon with his friend, and this Pikachu he called Thunder.

Fighting Style: Lightning likes to be fast and strong, but as you can imagine his defense is not the best. He hates snake pokemon, he is kind afraid of them. Thunder is the opposite of Lightning: He likes to be a fast and defense pokemon, so his attacks aren?t very strong.

Pok?mon species: Evee
Nickname: Striker
Level: 8

History: Striker was found by Reychem during his training time with his both electric pokemon. The Evee was a streetpokemon that, perhaps, run away from his trainer. As the evee saw in the eyes of Rey, he did know what he wanted. Fighting this trainer and see in what way it turns out. Thunder (during that time he was Level 16) beat the Evee and Rey could catch another pokemon.

Fighting Style: Because its not long ago Rey catched Striker, nobody knows any liking of fighting styles.

Arlynn

Fourteen
Years
Deathspector said:
Arlynn: Hmm...very morbid person, I see. I would like a tad bit more in the "Personality" field. Perhaps tell us how she reacts to other people who try to get her talking and stuff. Yes, you can reveal everything about the "incident" later. But the "Personality" part. I'll give you time to redo that, so, until then ~ PENDING!

Is that better?

Yes, well I'm only a morbid writer. I get most story ideas from CSI ^^;
Really I'm the opposite of my pessimistic characters. I'm a slight bit on the optimistic side actually.

Deathspector

Years
Arlynn: I see. Kind of like me. I sometimes RP as morbid people, but in real life, I can be quite cool...anyway. Guess what? You're form's now perfect ~ ACCEPTED!

ash jr.: Hmm. Tough desision, although I must say that in the future, pleasedo tidy up your forms. Also, if I haven't stated before(which I think I haven't) you can only enter as one person. Sorry for not saying it before. ash jr. please tidy up the form, and RP as only one person so, until then ~ PENDING!

Naoko-can: Yes, your Vulpix could be a Ninetails. Edit if you want. Your still accepted, anyway.

Nigma: Perfect example of how a form should be set out. Look at this of ideas, ash jr. Anyway, I like all the detail you put for your Pok?mon. I would have preferred a tad bit more on "Appearnace", but it's okay. ~ ACCEPTED

EVERYONE: I shall wait for ash jr. to tidy up his form and then we shall begin. Also, once we've begun, I shall allow a couple more people to join, but when I say that it's over, it is OVER!

DS

Last edited:

Arlynn

Fourteen
Years
ash jr. said:
Name: Edward elric

Home city/town:pallet town (where they were found outside the gate)

Appearance: he has braided blonde hair is very short for his age he ussaly will where what my avitar is wearing he looks like my avitar most of the time

Personality:he is the one to get annoyed easily by the slightest conversation
and if you call him short you better head for the hills.but he is actully nice when
you get to meet him. he is the most seirious 12 year old you will ever meet even know he is suppose to be 15...
gate messes with age...

Why would you copy a manga-ka's character?

Nigma

~Witch~
Years
occ: I have every full metal alchemist episode at home and i can imagine why he want to play edward elric... ^^ but if you play this charakter, please be serious with him... ;-)

Deathspector

Years
ash jr.: Hmm. I see that you are now playing as one person, but there are still a couple of problems with the form. First of all, you said that your character starts in Pallet Town. It should be from a town on the Map. Secondly, your "Apperance" is way too little. Also, please get your facts right. Alchemy is NOT the art of turning metal into something else. It is the art of turning any metal into gold, and in some cases, the study of the elixer of life. Sorry about this but ~ DECLINED!

EVERYONE: Feel free to start whenever you want to. I shall still accept more people, though. Also, please stat your position, and who you are at the begining of every post, thanks. I will edit the main storyline, and give you all the details about the Gym Leaders, their Pok?mon, their names, and their badges. But I'll do that later. IC time, now...

IC:

"No, no, and for the final time, NO!" screamed Sandy, stomping her foot down on the dusty ground, causing a cloud of dust to rise up into the air, and surround her, making her look angelic.

I was standing in the Gym which my sister ran. It was rather nice, now that I came to think about it. It was roomy, large enough to fit two basketball stadium in it, seats and all. Of course, this included all the minor's training rooms, their boarding facility, and the main battling area. It seemed to mingle on the border of being classy, having the main battle area rugged rock, yet futuristic, with white walls, and sliding doors. Truth be told, I was actually quite proud of my sister for running this thing.

However, she still wouldn't give me the Gym Badge. I had beaten her ages ago, before she started the Gym, yet she wouldn't give me the Gym Badge. Said that I had to beat her in the Gym to truly earn the Gym Badge. Big sisters are very annoying.

"Alright. But just you wait. I'll become stronger, and you'll wish that you never didn't allow me the badge. I'll crush you like an ant!" I retorted, grinning as I walked away. I didn't reall mean all those bad things, but it's a brother sister kind of thing. You know.

"Hmmph," was all that Sandy could manage, and she looked at me as I exited the Gym, and walked into the warm sunlight of Canyon City.

Canyon City was truly amazing. It was completely surrounded by tall, towering mountains, that were said to protect our ancestors in the medival times. I could understand why. It would take an extremly strong person to hike over the mountains, not to mention, a large resevoir of stamina.

"Jake!"

I turned to see who it was. I saw my father, running towards me. He was a rather chubby man, with a large round paunch. He was wearing a blue tee-shirt, and a pair of khaki shorts, revealing his rather hairy legs. Not a pretty sight, trust me.

"Yeah!" I replied as he neared.

"I have an important request for you..."

Deathspector

Years
Deathspector said:
Idea: Roam around in the world, level up your team, meet new challenges, beat up the gym leaders and finally reach the E4.

Story: Yes, you are a basic trainer, a Pokemon trainer. You've been living in your home town/city for quite a while now(too long...) and you have observed how some poeple leave on journeys to other parts of the world to capture Pokemon. You have your own Pokemon team too, but it is simply weak. So you decide to begin your journey with them. You may find friends on your journey, or travel alone.

You are planning on completing the Roughterrain League, which includes some gyms as well as specific trainers to defeat. These trainers are called the Hidden Elites, not as powerful as the Elite Four, but more powerful than basic gym leaders. The gyms and the main trainers are prinkled all around the world. After you have successfully completed this task, you have to make your way to the Mountain League( a.k.a Elite Four). Beat them and become the ultimate champion of the Roughterrain League

Local news have reported that some odd sights of fierce-looking bird Pokemon, they have been spotted in the East, maybe you should check the place out? You never know what you can find there...

Rules:
-No controlling other people, unless you have the person's permission.
-No overpower from your character, he can lose too, he can get lost, he can get beaten up by his neighbours, whatever.
-No double posting.
-No legendaries/ubers as starters.
-Fill out the form well, meaning no one word answers.
-Only one shiny Pokemon per team. Wild shiny Pokemon encounters have to be well written and explained, if any.
-Starting town/city can be any city/town on the Map except the League or the city next to it.
-Realistic and longish battles, please. Meaning no: " Mudkip used Water Gun, Charmander fainted. The dude wins."
-No random teleporting. Meaning no: "I stepped out the door to see Glacier City, then I went to Icemount City."
-Explain clearly and specifically your surroundings making it easier for me to update your location
-State the level of the Pokemon after you captured it, and if necessary, explain to me why you should be able to catch it
-No chaotic situations, meaning a random guy appearing out of nowhere just to battle you.
- Don't say that you are searching for trainers, because it just sounds stupid. You don't search for people in real life.

The Map:
TheMap.jpg

Remember that when you search the world for Pokemon, you aren't in a hurry. Take your time to move around.

Leveling system: You will face random opponents in the cities and in the wild. Among every battle you type down, your Pokemon that battles will gain a level, but I hope that nobody will be battling all the time. Try to make the battle as realistic as possible, and it doesn't matter if you lose, you still gain the level. All you have to remember, is to edit your form once a while.

Pok?mon that never evolve:
Lets say I have an Absol. I want him to grow a level so I fight and defeat three pok?mon. Then he grows a level. Of course all three battles must be discriptive and have a good length.

Pok?mon that evolve thrice:
Let's sat that I have a Charmander. So I fight one pok?mon and it grows a level. Once it's Level sixteen, it evolves. Then it takes two battles to grow a level. Then it reaches level thirty-six. Now it'll take three battles to go up one level.

Pok?mon that evolve twice:
For this one let's say I have a Magnemite. It takes one battle to grow a level. Once it reaches level thirty, it evolves. Then it takes three battles to grow a level.

Pok?mon that evolve by Happiness/ Stones:
Once you think that your Pokemon has enough trust in you, describe the evolution and your relationship with the Pokemon. Then it evolves.

Form:

Name:
Home city/town:
Personality:
History:
Pokemon Team: (3 Pokemon allowed, 1 final evolution and 2 pre evolutions), maybe some history of your Pokemon and their levels( ranging from 5 to 30, 1 needs to be 5-10, 1 Pokemon should 10-20 and the final evolution can be 25-30)
Other skills/things to notify:

Map Information (good to know):

Canyon City: A city located in the middle of the mountains. A short trip away from the mountains, so Rock and Ground type Pokemon are common in the city for people to own. Famous for its Ground type gym, which is one the largest gyms in the world. The leader, Sandy, has built it for years, and it is still growing. Only for experienced trainers, though.

Iron Lake: An interesting lake where most Steel type Pokemon dwell. The lake itself is of a foreign material, probably from outer space, or that's at least what people think.

Glacier City: A city built inside an icy glacier. A freezing place to live, but people there have adapted themselves to the environment. The popular ice-cream, Glacier Ice, is from here. The owner of the corporation is also the ice-cold gym leader. The gym is considered easy among the more powerful trainers, but weaker trainers have to put some effort here.

Coral Lagoon: A clear watered lagoon, mainly a vacation resort for rich people, some local habitants, though. Famous for the glass art, in forms of corals and other sea creatures and plants. The locals make them with secret methods.

Lonely Island: An under-populated island with interesting Pokemon, that belong to the Ghost type. Formerly the island was below water level, but it somehow raised itself from the ocean.

Magma Town: The name tells everything. Gym leader here uses the fire type, the food is hot, the temperature outside is almost unbearable. The complete opposite of Glacier City.

Big Harbor City: The city where the ships leave and where they come to. Largest city in the Eastern parts of the world. No major gyms or anything to notify except the harbor. Interesting markets, people and salesmen.

Deep Lake: The lake is unmeasured in depth. Only known that some talented fishers have caught Whiscashes from there. Some have even claimed that they saw an ancient fish Pokemon jump out of the water.

Last City: Literally the last city before facing the might of the Elite 4 in the Mountain League. Nothing major here, the trainers are talented here though.

The Island: One the most popular holiday resorts in the world. The beaches are full of tourists, with Pokemon, eager to battle. The gym in this island is an interesting place itself. Made of only wood, leaves and bamboo sticks. It is a wonderful sight. The leader herself uses the Flying type, you'll be surprised how fast her Pokemon move in the little jungle.

Lowland City: The paradise for shoppers and shopkeepers. Huge malls and shopping centres. A more civilized city with a population at its maximum. You'll get quickly lost here. No other points of interest.

Snowmount Town: A little snow-capped mountain is located on the island. Good place for hiking and finding Ice and Rock type Pokemon. One of the former Elite 4 trainers, Beardos, lives here. maybe ask for some advice from him? Just to tell, he uses the normal type skillfully.

Crossover Islands: Nobody has ever been here. Some tough sailors say that the islands are surrounded by enormous whirlpools, impossible to get through. Pilots, that have tried to fly their way there, say that raging thunder makes the island impossible to reach.

Highgulf City: Another harbor town with only docks and ships. But the captain of the ship Marejuan, is a fierce battler, defeat him and his fighting Pokes, you'll earn a Strength Badge. Here you can also set off for Mount Icecap.

Steephill City: the only city located on Mount Icecap. Only skilled hikers make their way here, in search of the famous Piloswines. They are huge at the top of the mountain, and their tusks are precious for sly poachers, someone has to stop the poachers, though.

Mount Icecap: a large mountain full of different types of Pokemon, ranging from low levels to powerful beasts of higher levels. A good training place, maybe reach the top cliffs to retrieve a Frost Ball (makes sure that you capture the Ice Pokemon you want to with this ball) and capture one of the huge Piloswines.

Mountain League: you know what you'll find here, the Elite Four. More info later on.

Gym Leaders:

Name: Sandy
City: Canyon City
Badge: Tectonic Badge
Pok?mon: Sandslash, Onix, Vibrava

Name: Fredrick
City: Clacier City
Badge: Icicle Badge
Pok?mon: Seel, Snorut

Name: Pyros
City: Magma Town
Badge: Inferno Badge
Pok?mon: Slugma, Numel

More on this later...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Sienna was always the first to wake up in her family, and since that was a good 4 hours before the shop opened, she always ran to Gym, to play with Fredrick's pokemon. Working in a glass blowing shop always made it hard for her to get Ice pokemon, though her parents had promised her a water pokemon at the age of 14. As she waited for that day to come upon the family, she played with Fredrick's seel and snorunt, laughing as she ran around the gym, watching the two pokemon chase after her, or rather, waddle, or jump after her.
Many times over and over she'd just sat there looking at the Icicle badge on display, supposedly the first one ever made, though she doubted it's true value. That was what she was doing now, just watching the badge at different angles until seel headbutted her gently, making her topple over onto snorunt.
"Seel! ..." Sienna whined, rubbing the back of her head as snorunt recollected himself from being squished under at least five times his weight.
She looked up and saw Fredrick conversing with a trainer. This was always the way it was. He'd let his pokemon out to play, but he'd never actually talk to Sienna, at least, not after he'd answered 'sure' when she asked if she could play with them the first time.
"Come on you guys!" Sienna said pushing herself up and running over to the artificial pond/waterfall that was always close to freezing up and sitting herself on the rim.
"I'm going to be going away for awhile." Sienna said as Seel splashed into the water with snorunt sitting at her side "I'm going on my own pokemon journey, but don't worry, I'll save this badge for later so I can visit you guys okay?"
Seel tossed his fin in and out of the water, making a very wet mess, while snorunt turned around and sneezed, encasing the rim with an uneven sheet of ice.
"Glad you understand." Sienna said sarcastically, sighing. But they were pokemon, and she wasn't their trainer, so they never really understood her except when she said 'follow' or 'hi'.
"Pi-pi-pichu!" A high squeaky voice called.

Arlynn

Fourteen
Years
She brought her right hand up to her face, wiping away a lone tear that had slid down just past her nose. She shook her head and cursed herself for being so weak as she threw a change of clothes into the old backpack. It had been her brothers, so it was pretty worn.
She grabbed her notebook and pen and found a way to fit them into the bag before tossing a few Pokeballs on the top of everything.
She zipped it up with a bit of difficulty before looking up to see her absol sleeping soundly on the bed with blood stained sheets.
"Renata ..." She whispered, petting it lightly.
The Absol awoke and looked at her in an annoyed way before hopping off the bed and giving her a slightly inquiring nudge.
As Akiko pulled on the light jacket she muttered something that sounded like 'I've had enough of this'. She pulled the black arm warmers on so they were low on her arms, covering her wrists that were scarred.
"Let's go."
She grabbed the pack and slipped out of her room, into the hallway with the ratty flooring and white walls that had plaster peeling off to reveal insect infested wood. She shivered involuntarily at the bugs before hurrying out of the house, her mother wouldn't be home. She'd be at work, trying to pay off their rent.
She turned as she arrived outside, looking back at the house that had delivered so much pain. She shook her head and wiped away a few more tears before turning around to go on the journey she so much deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back