• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
ummm...what about userbars? like this:

starters.png

Same thing, but PhotoShop or some SERIOUS MS Paint skills will be needed to make lighting effects like that.
I can do it for you if you want, I'd be glad to take a request or 2.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I am following thethethethe's grass animation tut, and I am having a problem with getting Tile Molestor to go from this:
Spoiler:

To this:
Spoiler:

Any help? This has been puzzling me for a while.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How would I change charizard's cry at the title screen to rayquaza? Every titlescreen cry editor only goes up to the johto pokemon. Also Where would i find a good tut on hex editing? I want to fully understand hex so i could make a breath taking hack.

My question was skipped again...

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2009
ANyone know how to change the background battle scenes. For example if you fight in the grass you get a grass scene. (Round pad of green) Or in cave you get (Round pad of Brown) i want to change the background's completely using these battle scenes. spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/ff1n2/sheet/25293 (You have to put www infront of spriters-resource. it wouldn't let me post link since im new.)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
ANyone know how to change the background battle scenes. For example if you fight in the grass you get a grass scene. (Round pad of green) Or in cave you get (Round pad of Brown) i want to change the background's completely using these battle scenes. spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/ff1n2/sheet/25293 (You have to put www infront of spriters-resource. it wouldn't let me post link since im new.)

You are going to have to find the Backgrounds in unLZgba, and replace them with those.
Be sure to make sure that you change the pallets of back grounds you want to match the regular ones, and make sure to resize it, and make your tileset...

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2009
awesome omega, fast reply too. thats awesome. thanks man/woman lol.

Edit: meh. that program is wierd. too wierd for me. everything looks like jibberish. but thanks anyways.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
patch the IPS to the rom that it is a hack of (usually says in the thread)

use LIPS or some similar patcher.

Unless you decide to play the AMAZING hack, Rijon Adventures, then you just need to use the Patching device that comes free when you download the patch... ONLY Rijon adventures Patch works with it's patcher, everything else so far, you need to use LIPS

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
This question has been answered already. Look at the Documents and Tutorials and at the Toolbox.

Eh? I'm sorry, but what are you trying to show me?

Another question;
How do I change the movements of a Pokemon on Emerald? Like when they go into battle?

If no method exists, then what are the scripts that define stuff like items and Pokemon?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Eh? I'm sorry, but what are you trying to show me?

Another question;
How do I change the movements of a Pokemon on Emerald? Like when they go into battle?

If no method exists, then what are the scripts that define stuff like items and Pokemon?
you mean when they get out of the poke ball?well you need unlz for that....

Years
A little help please.

Hi,

I'm starting with hacking now, and I'm strying some stuff with Ruby. I want to insert some new tiles,
namely the Pokemon Center of Diamond/Pearl. Those tiles have a different pallette than any of the
standard pallettes in Ruby, so I have to change it. The colors of the new pkmncenter tiles are already
made compatible with the advance map pallette editor (so in increments of 8). I then go the the pallette
editor, and change a pallette (10 for example), to the colors of the pokemon center (leaving the first color alone of course).

But then, when I save pallette changes, the whole ROM screws up. What to do now? Is there even a
pallette you can safely completely change in Ruby (like pallette 8 in Firered)? The only tut I've found
explaining tileset pallette editing is Austinia's one, but even when I exactly follow, it, it just messes up.
Is there some secret rule to get it working in Pokemon Ruby? Help will by very much appreciated.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Use XSE, really.
It is a liitle harder to get started with, but with a little tutorial readying and trying, you can get a lot more out of XSE than you will ever get out of Pokescript :)

You are insane. XSE is WAY easier to start with, if you actually take the time to read the Guide that comes with it...

Seriously, read it, just open up XSE, and press F2.
Read through ALL of it, from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back