• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a poison type legendary!?

do you think there will there be a poison-type legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I aways thought Gunk Shot was a signature move of the Poison Type.

I definitely think the developers of Pokemon should look into this, since there's an expanse of possibilites and choices since there's really been no Poison Type legendary; which in a way is a shame.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Like with many other similar topics...

this is simply not the way gamefreak approaches things.
What I mean is, if there will be a Poison legendary in the future, it won't be because they wanted a legendary to be Poison so badly, but because they came up with a legendary whose concept can easily result in making it a Poison type.

So, there is nothing preventing it, they are not deliberately avoiding it, they just haven't made any legendaries yet for which Poison would be the obvious fitting choice.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Poison is inherently a bad typing, if a legendary was created it needs to have some special ability (some kind of poisoning ability?) or secondary typing with strong moves to make up for it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Poison is inherently a bad typing, if a legendary was created it needs to have some special ability (some kind of poisoning ability?) or secondary typing with strong moves to make up for it.
Ability Toxic Glare! You enter the battle with the Poison Legendary and you will be instantly badly poisoned...
I can see that! That would be totally awesome!
Pack that legendary with uber defense stats and we have new Umbreon.
Now I would love to see that!

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
I would love to see a poison type legendary pocket monster. also a pure ghost legendary would be nice. i like Giratina but he look like a man....[ms.swan reference].imho darkrai should have been a ghost type he does look like an undead after all.

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
A poison type legendary sounds like an awesome idea but will it be made who knows maybe it will be in the next generation of pokemon we'll just have to wait and see.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
So... sticking Poison Plate on Arceus didn't count huh?

It'll be nice for them to diversify the legendaries. We have enough freakin' dragons and psychics =(
I'm not sure if they'll make one though...

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
There's already a Poison Arceus if you would give it a Toxic Plate. But in my opinion, having a Poison legendary could be cool, like if one was there to control all toxic related things and regulate them. But if there was one, it might be like Poison/Dragon, Poison/Psychic, or at least pure Poison.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Echoing other people's sentiments, I can't see a pure Poison-type legend working too well, but it could work as a second typing. And I am liking the Dark/Poison that's been mentioned a few times. When I first saw this thread I tried imagining what a Poison-type legend would look like, and I got a Drapion-esque creature in my head, so definitely on board with that.

Years
i think genesect should've been part poison....but i think a poison legendary world be another manmade pokemon

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
and why does every pokemon get to learn Toxic? It should be restricted to poison types and a select few non-poison types(like Umbreon whose dex says it can spray poison).

Omg! *high fives* thats like my exact philosophy on the move toxic. It makes to sense every single pokemon has the abillity to badly poison another pokemon especially when it doesnt make sense. Like only poison types and poisonous/venom related animals should have toxic.

*ahem* well anyway I do think having a poison type legendary would be cool. Especially if it was like a misunderstood, polution poke or something, but as everyone before me i doubt it would be poison. The only thing is that all the best poison dual types have already been implemented(i'm looking at you drapion) but i'm sure it would be a unique pokemon nonetheless as the poison type has ssoooo much potential.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Toxic being spread to all Pokemon is most likely because of animals and objects being able to carry diseases that make you sick. Bites from any wild animal can have rabies or bacteria which causes you to become sick.

The Komodo Dragon are well known for their bites since they have many different types of disease carrying microbes in their mouths that when they bite you, if you don't get some sort of shot right away, you could lose the limb just for that.

Then for the inanimate, you have bacteria that settles on dirty surfaces, when handled improperly you can make yourself sick.

I think that's why Toxic is a Universal TM.

There is only one other move that I can think of that can inflict Badly Poisoned and its strictly to Poisonous Pokemon.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Toxic being spread to all Pokemon is most likely because of animals and objects being able to carry diseases that make you sick. Bites from any wild animal can have rabies or bacteria which causes you to become sick.

The Komodo Dragon are well known for their bites since they have many different types of disease carrying microbes in their mouths that when they bite you, if you don't get some sort of shot right away, you could lose the limb just for that.

Then for the inanimate, you have bacteria that settles on dirty surfaces, when handled improperly you can make yourself sick.

I think that's why Toxic is a Universal TM.

There is only one other move that I can think of that can inflict Badly Poisoned and its strictly to Poisonous Pokemon.

Hmm...ok I see where your coming from. And i cant see it as impossible for pokemon to generate poisons.

But the komodo dragon would already be considered a poison type(in relating to pokemon) due to its natural infectous bacteria. Dirty surfaces and rabies and what not were not originally there to begin with thus making the concept of them learning toxic would be situational. Moreover if that were the case, shouldnt just learning toxic be harmful to the pokemon if its relating to a deseise or infection that has entered it? Given tm's dont exist, as they dont in the anime, I dont see it possible for a pokemon to be able to use(or in this case) spread toxic without harming themselves severely. But given tm's do exist all of what i just said is negated, however its still questionable of how toxic tm gives pokemon the abillity to spread toxic status. Whether its giving the some kind of deseise to spread(harmful to them) or giving them a trait that contracts poison like bacteria on claws or something(not harmful) I doubt the former would be legal.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Most creatures, the poison is a natural part of their biology so they are naturally immune to their own poisons. Toxic doesn't have to be the same toxins for every Pokemon. Medically each Pokemon would produce its own poison with the attack that their bodies are naturally immune to.

Humans are similar with Blood types and donors. Others may not accept the organs or blood safely even being matching types. Auto-immune disease in cases like these aren't as common, but possible.

Then you have genetic illness carriers who are immune to the disease themselves, but still carry the gene that carries it.

As for Komodo, they can easily be anything else if the creators want it to be. I can see on as Pure Dragon based on name, Dark due to way they hunt and because of how they are mentally, they could be Water or Grass due to habitat.

Its based on what the creator would want for it.

Most common WOULD be poison. XD Even I made a Poison/Dragon Komodo Fakemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
I would like to see a poison/flying legendary, and that would get rid of 1 of Poison's weaknesses, Ground.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Please don't revive threads where the last post was over a month ago. If you really want to discuss this topic anew, create a new thread on the same subject instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back