• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Heracross, Pinsir or Scyther

Which is the Best?

• Heracross

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • Pinsir

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Scyther

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
hey everyone i have started playing through pokemon crystal again and i am now in need of a grass/bug type pokemon and im stuck between Heracross, Pinsir and Scyther and want to know which is the best one in crystal.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
hey everyone i have started playing through pokemon crystal again and i am now in need of a grass type pokemon and im stuck between Heracross, Pinsir and Scyther and want to know which is the best one in crystal.

None of them are grass type :/

Heracross is thought of as the best by nearly everybody, but I prefer pinsir.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
wow you know thats realy helpful, i want to know why you think its the best so i can desided which one is right for my team

Anti

return of the king
Years
wow you know thats realy helpful, i want to know why you think its the best so i can desided which one is right for my team

Well, when I don't know what your team is, it's tough to tell. you asked who I thought was the best. I answered. If you want to know why, I'll tell you, but calm down...

Pinsir has great attack, a nice attack movepool, and decent speed. there's your reason...

Improfane

hiatus
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
uh oh

This topic will die if it isn't treated as a:
What is the best, Pinsir, Heracross or Scyther
topic.

For me, Scyther looks the most elegant and coolest.

Team wise, APCW13 is correct.

Breon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 25, 2010
Heracross has better Attack,while Scyther is stronger in Special Attack. Obviously if you're wanting a nice Bug type, you'll want to go with the one with stats that most compliment the area. Heracross learns Megahorn and its all around movepool is better than Scyther's. And Pinsir is worst of the three.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
I like scyther since he evolves into my third favorite pokemon Scizor. In almost all my pokemon games I get a scyther. I also level him up almost as high as my starter and I can beat almost everybody with it.

So really it doesnt matter on what its stats are. Since you can level them up yourself manualy. It really matters on how hard to catch and how easy it is to level it up.

Faceless*

YES!
Years
  • Age 34
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
Pinsir, it's the only useable one in my eyes :p

plus no one voted for the poor beetle

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Oo... Name, you got me for a second with your User Title. I was like "Wow, everyone's getting booted out." But you tricked me.

I also agree with you about Pinsir. He kicks buttocks.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Scyther rocks dude!
It slashes and fights soo brutaly
I love it,
and it evolves into scizor *totally cool*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I went with Pinsir since Scyther has a 4x weakness to Rock and Heracross has a 4x weakness to Flying type moves. Also Pinsir should of been a Bug and Fighting type Pokemon which I consider it one anyways because most of the moves it learns are Fighting moves

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2008
I would go with Heracross it learns Megahorn which is pretty much the best bug move in G/S/C.

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
Scyther is fast, but unless you evolve it, it's pretty weak. And if you evolve it, it becomes too slow.
Heracross has great attack, but only slight above average speed.
Pinsir has the same attack and speed as Heracross (I think, I haven't checked Serebii for a while), but its movepool is more limited.

It's your choice.

Back